collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109787 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #825 on: May 04, 2021, 11:26:48 AM »
Axel, Henry, Oxlade Chamberlain, Sander Berge, Tammy, Buendia

I’m not mad on Chamberlain but the rest sounds good.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #826 on: May 04, 2021, 11:31:39 AM »

Me either, but then I thought the same about Lingard, so who knows?!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #827 on: May 04, 2021, 11:32:51 AM »

Me either.

Actually I’m quite fond of you.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #828 on: May 04, 2021, 12:36:48 PM »
{alt}

Not really sure where Oxlade-Chamberlain would fit into our system, but agree with the positions if not the players above.  If Engels goes then we will need CB cover, a LB to challenge Targett, a proper defensive midfielder, a right sided attacker, a back up striker and possibly a number 10 if Barkley goes back and Jack Grealish is going to stay and play wide. 

Not sure a 10 is a big priority as McGinn and Sanson can play in that more advanced role, but a defensive midfielder and right sided attacker would be the two starters we need.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #829 on: May 04, 2021, 12:47:56 PM »
Wonder if West Ham might consider cashing in on Bowen as getting into europe they'll be certain to sign a new striker + Lingard and also have Antonio so he could be surplus to requirements (been on the bench plenty lately).

Actually the sort we need, can play at CF as required but much more of a regular out wide since he joined them.

Only 24 and got 8 goals for them this season so feels he can kick on a bit more.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #830 on: May 04, 2021, 01:24:30 PM »
Wonder if West Ham might consider cashing in on Bowen as getting into europe they'll be certain to sign a new striker + Lingard and also have Antonio so he could be surplus to requirements (been on the bench plenty lately).

Actually the sort we need, can play at CF as required but much more of a regular out wide since he joined them.

Only 24 and got 8 goals for them this season so feels he can kick on a bit more.

Could be an option. Even if they do make the top 4 I still think they'll need the money.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #831 on: May 04, 2021, 03:25:31 PM »

Axel - too many injuries
Henry - meh, he's ok but would anyone link him if he wasn't a former Smith player?
Oxlade-Chamberlain - I'd take him
Berge - Yep, good signing
Tammy - for about £25m yes, more than that I think he'd be overpriced
Buendia - not sure, haven't watched him at all this season

Not a terrible list but that's probably £160-170m of players and I think only 2 would be regular starters for us within 6months.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #832 on: May 04, 2021, 03:26:28 PM »
I can't see us going for Henry.  We must be sick of Brentford trying to pull our pants down every summerand I'm not sure he'd want to move to us for what's likely to be a backup roll to a potential future England leftback.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #833 on: May 04, 2021, 03:28:40 PM »
I can't see us going for Henry.  We must be sick of Brentford trying to pull our pants down every summerand I'm not sure he'd want to move to us for what's likely to be a backup roll to a potential future England leftback.

Yes, they ripped us off good and proper with Watkins and Kinda. And yes, I'm well aware of Scott Hogan, thank you.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #834 on: May 04, 2021, 03:35:25 PM »

Yes, they ripped us off good and proper with Watkins and Kinda. And yes, I'm well aware of Scott Hogan, thank you.
There's also history of reportedly going for Benrahma over a good few transfer windows.

And yes Watkins does look like good business now, but equally it was also by some distance the highest fee ever paid for a Championship player and it was certainly a gamble.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #835 on: May 04, 2021, 03:39:18 PM »

There's also history of reportedly going for Benrahma over a good few transfer windows.

And yes Watkins does look like good business now, but equally it was also by some distance the highest fee ever paid for a Championship player and it was certainly a gamble.

Well done us, then. Getting what's proved to be a bargain and not signing his mate is hardly being ripped off.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #836 on: May 04, 2021, 03:48:36 PM »
I'm not sure Watkins was a gamble at all. There's a big difference between us signing him from the Championship and when we spent all that cash on McCormack and Hogan. This time it was clear the trajectory Watkins was on. I'm only surprised he did as well as he has so quickly.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #837 on: May 04, 2021, 03:59:14 PM »
I'm not complaining about Watkins.  All I'm saying is Brentford have a particular history of seeking their pound of flesh as the extended Maupay, Benrahma and Watkins negotiations proved.

I was merely speculating we may not want to go into bat with them again for a backup leftback.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #838 on: May 04, 2021, 04:05:12 PM »
I'm not complaining about Watkins.  All I'm saying is Brentford have a particular history of seeking their pound of flesh as the extended Maupay, Benrahma and Watkins negotiations proved.

I was merely speculating we may not want to go into bat with them again for a backup leftback.

They robbed Brighton blind because Maupay is absolutely gash.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #839 on: May 04, 2021, 04:08:08 PM »

The Ox would be a strange one. Has barely looked a passing relative of an EPL midfielder in his recent cameos for Liverpool. Get him fit and obviously could still be a decent player.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal