collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1120347 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #765 on: May 01, 2021, 11:58:39 AM »
Fucking Burnley players? Fuck that. Galacticos, please.

Through gritted teeth, I agree with cd.

Online fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #766 on: May 01, 2021, 11:58:39 AM »
I've said it before in this thread and others, I am really hoping for a 'how the feck did they get him' signing.  If that comes with some solid players from relegated teams / clubs who have too many players, then that's OK with me too!  I'd rather revolution over evolution.

"How the fuck did they get him?" signing.  Aguerro anyone?

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #767 on: May 01, 2021, 11:59:34 AM »
Not my money. Abraham costs what he costs. I had my doubts about whether he'd step up after what he'd done with us previously, but those have been allayed. I think he'd be a good signing that'd push us on further.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #768 on: May 01, 2021, 12:03:06 PM »
Tammy would be perfect for us.  He will score goals in our team.  Cannot see why anyone would turn their noses up at £40m.

Tammy scores most of his goals from inside the penalty area and Ollie likes to drop deep and wide so the combination of their two differing styles would work really well together in my opinion. Also, as a back up Christian Benteke is out of contract at Palace at the end of the season.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #769 on: May 01, 2021, 12:19:04 PM »
McNeil is a funny one, I watch him play and think there's a decent player in there but with how Burnley play I don't know if he stands out against a background of shit or if he's being held back by it. I don't fancy paying what they're going to want to find out it's the former.

Burnley tend to bypass midfield so it's hard for players like McNeil to show their true worth. He gave Cash a chasing at their place in the second half this season. A significant upgrade on Traore I'd suggest and four years younger.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #770 on: May 01, 2021, 12:37:12 PM »
McNeil is a funny one, I watch him play and think there's a decent player in there but with how Burnley play I don't know if he stands out against a background of shit or if he's being held back by it. I don't fancy paying what they're going to want to find out it's the former.

Burnley tend to bypass midfield so it's hard for players like McNeil to show their true worth. He gave Cash a chasing at their place in the second half this season. A significant upgrade on Traore I'd suggest and four years younger.

No he's not an upgrade on Traore because he plays on the other side, he'd be signed to play on the left to allow Jack to play central so he'd be a replacement for Barkley really.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #771 on: May 01, 2021, 01:07:43 PM »

Except Marcelo. Somehow he'll still be in the Real Madrid team in 2031.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #772 on: May 01, 2021, 01:13:26 PM »
I wouldn't want to move Jack from the left. I think he's found his best position there.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #773 on: May 01, 2021, 01:21:57 PM »
Interesting looking back at summer 2010.

We lost Milner and signed Stephen Ireland. A week later Spurs signed Rafael Van Der Vaart. From finishing above them in two out of the three previous seasons and 09/10 being pretty neck and neck up to the last 3 games they just crusied past us and only now a decade later does it feel like they're not that far ahead of us now and will surely be weaker in next 2-3 seasons if Kane moves on and they struggle to get in a decent manager.

I have no issue with our recruitment last summer as all the signings were a big success. However it's still only got us to 11th in the league. We saw 10 years back it's much harder to move up from 6th to 4th than say 11th to 8th which we'll hopefully do in next two seasons so we will simply have to attract a better quality.

Interesting which was the last team to finish top 6 with largely squad of lower league players and hardly anyone who's played CL football. People talk about Leicester but likes of Johnny Evans, Periera, Tielemans and Castagne all played in the competition or international regulars before signing so guess their 2016 title winning team was last one.

We need to find a couple of Martinez types for outfield positions I think. Players at good standard clubs who've come in and looked good but can't quite get a regular game so motivated to move on and start 30 + games somewhere, there are plenty out there if you look enough (and increasingly in the modern game have connections).

Van Der Vaart all those years ago was classic case given he wasn't starting at Real Madrid. We tried to get Snejider from Real Madrid around that time, went to Inter Milan and was one of best players in world football in 2009-10. Falcao another from around that period.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #774 on: May 01, 2021, 01:26:35 PM »
I do wonder how serious those links to Sneijder and Falcao were. Even if they were interested and we had the money, O'Neill was probably dreaming of Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll or similar. He just didn't do non-UK based players and preferred wing-play over central, flair players.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #775 on: May 01, 2021, 01:38:48 PM »
If we're very ambitious then Raphina from Leeds too. Would be big money but I'm sure they'd sell if it was financially right.

Leeds would probably want £80m for him. The Plastics and Liverpool are rumoured to be interested in him. He only cost them £17m but was originally priced at £34m but a fire sale at Rennes allowed them to get him half price. A great bit of business. I imagine there will be quite a few COVID fire sales across Europe this summer where cash is will be king.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:40:20 PM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #776 on: May 01, 2021, 01:39:42 PM »
Think Falcao was just agent talk yeah. Loads of South Americans go to Portugal to start off in europe and his goal spree for Porto got him move to Atletico Madrid so worked out nicely for him. Pretty sure we were also linked to Cavani at that time when he was at Palermo.

Snejider IIRC was a little bit different. Pretty sure there were rumours and MON was asked at a press conference and he gave a vague answer of interest not being reciprocated so seems we enquired in I assume summer 2009 and he didn't want to know. We signed Downing that summer.

Edit. Here we are;

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/5477568/oneill-confirms-sneijder-liking

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #777 on: May 01, 2021, 01:40:02 PM »
O'Neill didn't even know who Falcao was, that's how strong the link was.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #778 on: May 01, 2021, 01:42:52 PM »
O'Neill was probably dreaming of Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll or similar.

I was one of the last defenders of O'Neill and, like with much else, I was wrong. And this really does sum him up.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #779 on: May 01, 2021, 01:53:31 PM »

Except Marcelo. Somehow he'll still be in the Real Madrid team in 2031.

A few mates of mine were on a random trip to Madrid a few years back and Mareclo came in the bar they were drinking in. He spent the night in there laughing and drinking with them, they had loads of photos, said he was an absolute diamond of a bloke.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal