collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109242 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #735 on: April 30, 2021, 10:19:50 AM »
I hope we sign Tammy.
Me too Darren.  Amazing on a lot of the socials loads of people now seem to think we're too good for him.  Dunno when that happened?

Offline sid1964

« Reply #736 on: April 30, 2021, 10:23:55 AM »
If we signed Tammy (which I doubt) then would we have to change the way that the team is set up? Can’t imagine that Watkins would be too impressed if he was played out wide

Unless the idea would be to sell Watkins to make room for Tammy?

Offline danno

« Reply #737 on: April 30, 2021, 10:36:59 AM »
If he got more chances and scored more goals playing wide, I'm sure he'd come around. I remember hearing we shouldn't sign Martinez because Heaton wouldn't like it. If we're serious about moving forward, we can't worry about signing better defenders and midfielders because Mings and McGinn might get upset.

I think a front three of Abraham Watkins and Grealish would switch and interchange constantly anyway.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #738 on: April 30, 2021, 10:46:03 AM »
If we signed Tammy (which I doubt) then would we have to change the way that the team is set up? Can’t imagine that Watkins would be too impressed if he was played out wide

Don't see the Tammy/Watkins combo working at all. Watkins is much better at leading the line, Tammy much better in the box. But that ship has sailed. Watkins is a better fit for us these days. Need to get better players around Grealish and Watkins next season. Not the likes of Traore, Barks, AEG or Trez

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #739 on: April 30, 2021, 11:05:35 AM »

They don't both have to play every minute of every game.  It would give us excellent options in a variety of formations and this is the sort of quality we need if we're going to push on.  I agree with Danno, a front three of Watkins, Grealish and Tammy could be awesome.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #740 on: April 30, 2021, 12:18:47 PM »
I think Berge looks a very good player.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #741 on: April 30, 2021, 12:36:38 PM »
If we have £100m to spend (and lets be honest, we are reliant on the generosity of our owners here) then I think it will add more value, ie improve the team more, if we buy a right winger and solid midfielder. 

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #742 on: April 30, 2021, 01:10:51 PM »
If we have £100m to spend (and lets be honest, we are reliant on the generosity of our owners here) then I think it will add more value, ie improve the team more, if we buy a right winger and solid midfielder.

Presuming Jack Grealish stays, then those would be my two priority positions as well.  We just need to upgrade the back up options in a few positions then.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #743 on: April 30, 2021, 02:12:59 PM »
Assuming we have a reasonable transfer budget, then Tammy is a 'yes' from me.

It has to be a major improvement to have a number of talented strikers/forward players that are capable and comfortable both at interchanging during a match and being disciplined to operate in a given role for several games - especially if they can do that and cover more than one position.

Ollie Watkins has described himself as a 'Number 10', he has been a central striker for us and for Brentford and probably most came to the fore as a wide forward for Brentford.

When previously at the Villa, Tammy said his preferred position was wide left though he was used generally as a central striker and we know Grealish can operate from either wide area (typically from the left) and as a '10'.

Three young (ish) English players where we know the Grealish/Watkins and Grealish/Abraham combinations have worked brilliantly suggests great understanding and chemistry between them. Combining all three could/should increase that even more and would have a massive impact (IMO).

As well as being set up in a front 3 (in a number of permutations), in games when we might enjoy a lot of possession, I would love to see Ollie and Tammy playing as the most advanced strikers with Jack behind them. UTV.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #744 on: April 30, 2021, 02:43:25 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure about Berge. Has never stood out for me when watching t'Blades. Paul is usually a good judge of a player but I wonder if his Norwegian pride is at play a bit here.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #745 on: April 30, 2021, 02:46:36 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure about Berge. Has never stood out for me when watching t'Blades. Paul is usually a good judge of a player but I wonder if his Norwegian pride is at play a bit here.

Haven't seen much of him but from what I've heard the main concern isn't his ability but rather whether he's a bit injury prone.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #746 on: April 30, 2021, 03:15:52 PM »

It might be, I won't deny it, but I don't think so, I guess everyone would say that though.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #747 on: April 30, 2021, 05:10:39 PM »
Berge is a decent player for sure but is he a bit one paced? Perreira is just like the kind of player we would end up signing. See the likes of Sidwell, Nzogbia or even Watkins. Play well against us and we go for you.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #748 on: April 30, 2021, 05:15:17 PM »
Berge is a decent player for sure but is he a bit one paced? Perreira is just like the kind of player we would end up signing. See the likes of Sidwell, Nzogbia or even Watkins. Play well against us and we go for you.
Look at Pereira's stats for this season and last; not shabby.

Offline nigel

« Reply #749 on: April 30, 2021, 05:43:44 PM »

Don't see the Tammy/Watkins combo working at all. Watkins is much better at leading the line, Tammy much better in the box. But that ship has sailed. Watkins is a better fit for us these days. Need to get better players around Grealish and Watkins next season. Not the likes of Traore, Barks, AEG or Trez

I think it could work very well.
Both can play across the line, so it would be a fluid front line.
Add Jack to the equation and it actually looks pretty awesome.
I would be pretty excited at that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal