collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109079 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #525 on: April 24, 2021, 10:45:45 PM »
Bissouma is miles better than Nakamba.

Would also give us option of re-jigging midfield and having him at the base with likes of Doug and McGinn further forward. Brighton play that with likes of Lallana and Gross pushing on.

I agree he would be excellent pick up but not convinced CM will be a high priority in the summer compared to other positions and he'd cost 30m-40m so would take up a big chunk of what we've got available.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #526 on: April 24, 2021, 10:51:40 PM »
Agree Marv just isn’t good enough, or at least he isn’t based on what I’ve seen. For his role he misses two key components - he can’t get close enough to his opponents to disrupt play and even when he does he’s then careless on the ball and gives it away.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #527 on: April 24, 2021, 11:41:14 PM »
From what I've seen of them I prefer Berge to Bissouma if we're going for a midfielder from a team in the relegation battle. In part because I reckon he'd be a great option to cover centre half as a 4th option as well as being a regular in midfield and would give us space to look at youngsters coming through in defence. (all of this is assuming Engels is going to leave).

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #528 on: April 25, 2021, 01:05:23 AM »
From what i have seen of our midfield this year none of them are good enough on present form. JM is not a natural midfielder his distribution is haphazard. One thing, JG being out may have done us a favour because he covered up a lot of the weaknesses in the squad. Not sure about fairplay going forward but the owners need to spend a lot of money to get us in a position to challenge the top sides, replacing one or two will not do it.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #529 on: April 25, 2021, 08:02:19 AM »
Just cannot see what people see in Berge from Sheffield United, looks your standard athlete getting up and down the pitch but where’s the ability on the ball? Bissouma looks a far better option as has the athleticism and physicality but looks quality on the ball.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #530 on: April 25, 2021, 08:44:35 AM »
Bissouma has the highest walking stats in the league. No other player strolls about as much as him, quite literally.

Online AV82EC

« Reply #531 on: April 25, 2021, 08:56:33 AM »
But if that’s his role in the team what does it matter? I’d rather we had someone who thought about his positioning rather than Nakamba the headless chicken hot potato possession loser.

Offline Ads

« Reply #532 on: April 25, 2021, 08:59:06 AM »
Somebody more high energy would be preferable. I'd like more players capable of running the opposition off the park.

Online AV82EC

« Reply #533 on: April 25, 2021, 09:05:38 AM »
I’d prefer to keep possession of the ball so we can let the opposition do all the running. I’m all for a bit of sweaty jockstrap box to box midfield athleticism but I looked at Citehs midfield on Wednesday and they didn’t seem to be blessed with much of that just fucking good footballers comfortable in possession who moved our players around with abandon.

Offline Ads

« Reply #534 on: April 25, 2021, 09:08:19 AM »
You have to win the ball to use it and that means a high energy press. The more players we have like Watkins, McGinn and Sanson who are capable of doing that, the higher up the pitch we turn the ball.over and the less distance Super Jack and whoever is at 10 and on the other wing has to go towards goal. Full backs pressed up higher too, much more attacking which is ultimately what we've lacked since January at least.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #535 on: April 25, 2021, 10:08:27 AM »
I’d prefer to keep possession of the ball so we can let the opposition do all the running. I’m all for a bit of sweaty jockstrap box to box midfield athleticism but I looked at Citehs midfield on Wednesday and they didn’t seem to be blessed with much of that just fucking good footballers comfortable in possession who moved our players around with abandon.
They have Rodri and Fernandinho who close space quickly and are able to put their foot in where necessary.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #536 on: April 25, 2021, 10:25:03 AM »
They have Rodri and Fernandinho who close space quickly and are able to put their foot in where necessary.

Yep, that's Rodri who's 6'2, quick and very strong.

I don't disagree with either Ads or AV82EC on this but I think you need both technical ability and physicality. I don't see Bissouma as a superior technical player to Berge though, I see 2 teams playing very different styles and central midfielders who fit into that. I've seen a lot more than 'standard athlete' about Berge though, I put him up as someone I'd have looked at in the summer after promotion because, thanks to spending a lot of time in Norway, I'd seen a lot more of him than most people on here. I suspect he'll go on to be a similar player to Vieira where he can drive the team forward as well as being defensively solid. He'd be top of my list for signings this summer but I think we'll have plenty of competition.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #537 on: April 25, 2021, 10:33:52 AM »
Today’s rumours:

Manure want to buy Heaton if they can’t buy Sam Johnstone.

We are after Cantwell as a replacement for Jack.

We are also after Buendia.

Online nigel

« Reply #538 on: April 25, 2021, 11:04:39 AM »
Today’s rumours:

Manure want to buy Heaton if they can’t buy Sam Johnstone.

We are after Cantwell as a replacement for Jack.

We are also after Buendia.

Can’t see Johnstone wanting to go as a back up, whereas Heaton would be swapping like for like, so there might be some mileage in that. Jed Steer is more than capable as a back up.

Read today than ManU would swap Lingard, plus cash, for Jack!! Can’t see that, as Lingard I’m sure he would want to be in the same team as Jack.

Cantwell and Buendia would be great signings, certainly preferable if we kept Jack, though.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #539 on: April 25, 2021, 11:08:42 AM »
Something about Cantwell I don't like - but I'd probably say that about Grealish if he played for someone else. He's a decent player - can't see him ever getting to Jack's level.

Heaton may as well go to Man Utd - and we should take the chance to get his wages off the books.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal