collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1108946 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #495 on: April 22, 2021, 10:35:44 PM »
What's the general consensus on Traore (Bert)? Maybe he needed taking out of the firing line weeks back but he has been impossibly bad for what seems like months.
A truly gifted footballer. An artisan mason amongst blunt chiselers. Lacking in application and direction. That is the job of the Coaching team.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #496 on: April 22, 2021, 10:43:59 PM »
I thought Nakamba was a hard pressing, ball winner? He couldn't win a fight with a 1 armed midget, he was nowhere near anyone last night. Recoup anything from him and get him gone. We need MUCH better options than McGinn, Luiz and Nakamba in the middle and much better options that El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Traore out wide.
AEG + Trezeguet + Traore =< Albrighton (for instance)

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #497 on: April 22, 2021, 11:11:30 PM »

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #498 on: April 22, 2021, 11:37:47 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere about the next cab off our rank:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/22/manchester-united-and-city-tracking-aston-villa-carney-chukwuemeka

Is this in the same sense that I’m closely monitoring Jennifer Lawrence?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #499 on: April 23, 2021, 04:50:18 AM »
I think Traore needs to be tried as a 10. I don't think his ineffectiveness in helping Cash is due necessarily down to a lack of effort, I think he just knows he's really bad at defending.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #500 on: April 23, 2021, 05:51:50 AM »
I think Traore needs to be tried as a 10. I don't think his ineffectiveness in helping Cash is due necessarily down to a lack of effort, I think he just knows he's really bad at defending.

I agree. I'm not sure why anyone actually expects him to defend. I mean, look at him. He's clearly a flair player that can't tackle and can't track back. We've got enough bland, workhorses types, that although not really playing well at the moment, should be able to defend properly.

If he has to play, I'd push Traore right up alongside Ollie and tell him to drift and dribble to his hearts content.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #501 on: April 23, 2021, 05:54:01 AM »
Exactly.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #502 on: April 23, 2021, 07:44:26 AM »
But he's not even any good at what he's supposed to be good at. Nine times out of ten instead of trying to beat a man, he turns round and passes it backwards.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #503 on: April 23, 2021, 10:18:55 AM »
But he's not even any good at what he's supposed to be good at. Nine times out of ten instead of trying to beat a man, he turns round and passes it backwards.

I disagree. He is good at what he's supposed to be good at, it's just that what he's good at is difficult, and most of the time will end in him looking like a berk. When it works though...

Online manic-road

« Reply #504 on: April 23, 2021, 10:27:06 AM »
Jesse Lingard would be a good buy, saying that 6 months ago would have been derided.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #505 on: April 23, 2021, 10:30:43 AM »
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere about the next cab off our rank:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/22/manchester-united-and-city-tracking-aston-villa-carney-chukwuemeka

Is this in the same sense that I’m closely monitoring Jennifer Lawrence?

you will get in trouble !

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #506 on: April 23, 2021, 10:31:07 AM »

I disagree. He is good at what he's supposed to be good at, it's just that what he's good at is difficult, and most of the time will end in him looking like a berk. When it works though...

He's a winger/attacking player. One successful step over every other game isn't really enough.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #507 on: April 23, 2021, 11:14:16 AM »
I think the big positive (if that’s not a stupid thing to say) of Jacks injury is that we have had a chance to see in his absence who would stand up to be counted in an attacking sense without Jack there to take all the attention.  Answer is pretty damning players like Traore & El Ghazi who looked decent when Jack was in there creating them space have a complete lack of ability to do it for themselves....El Ghazi just literally goes missing and Traore is a bigger menace to our full backs than theirs, particularly when he is hitting blind passes in our own half.

Whilst I am not against the 433 I just can’t see how we can play it without Ollie & Jack filling two of those shirts....I wonder whether another ‘10’ like Buendia bring the 3rd one of the front 3 would be better option than the wingers we have or are being linked with like Rashica.

I’m another fan of Bissouma as we do lack a physical presence in the centre.

We absolutely have to find a player who is both a first choice player and also a proper set piece taker....I come back to the conundrum of James Ward-Prowse, I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve watched him & can’t work out if he a good player or if he is a Hourihane style set piece passenger?  Set pieces are a huge weakness, we have created so few chances from them.

If Engels, Hause & Taylor all leave as expected we will need 2 centre halves and a back up left back as I don’t see anyone in the u23s in those positions ready to step up, Chrisene looks good but he is v young.  I will always be a fan of Tuanzebe but I suspect if he leaves United it will be a starter & im not sure he’d be a backup again.  These are the positions I expect to see the most of Lange’s influence this summer, players from the continent not huge money buys

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #508 on: April 23, 2021, 11:22:01 AM »

I agree. I'm not sure why anyone actually expects him to defend. I mean, look at him. He's clearly a flair player that can't tackle and can't track back. We've got enough bland, workhorses types, that although not really playing well at the moment, should be able to defend properly.

If he has to play, I'd push Traore right up alongside Ollie and tell him to drift and dribble to his hearts content.

Drift and dribble. A new parent's guide.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #509 on: April 23, 2021, 12:19:15 PM »
Jesse Lingard would be a good buy, saying that 6 months ago would have been derided.

Not for me. How do we know we would be getting brilliant last six months Jesse Lingard as opposed to mediocre previous ten years or so Jesse Lingard?

I just have a feeling he would go back to the never scoring, setting one up or looking vaguely competent variety of Jesse Lingard the second he put on a non-copycat version of a claret and blue shirt.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal