collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa match thread by Demitri_C
[Today at 08:08:41 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 08:08:23 PM]

Tennis 2024 by maidstonevillain
[Today at 08:02:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1119593 times)

Offline nigel

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #420 on: April 18, 2021, 04:10:46 PM »
He's obviously going to leave but can see likes of Everton and West Ham being in for him.

West Ham certainly, Everton have still got Moise Kean still to shift and might have to watch the pennies with the new ground to pay for.

I'd take him, all transfers are a risk but he's got a head start with us, it's a familiar setup where he's already been a success and is highly thought of.

Taking him is the easy part, how much would you be willing to pay for him, Lee? If the price is £40m even £30m I'd be looking elsewhere.

I reckon they’d be asking £30m for Barkley, so £30-£40m for Tammy would be well worth it.
Don’t forget, Ollie was £30m, so, again, Tammy is going to be upwards of that

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #421 on: April 18, 2021, 04:18:20 PM »
It was a different recruitment team that brought him in previously. The current set up might think they can find better value elsewhere.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #422 on: April 18, 2021, 04:18:25 PM »
I liked Tammy, but is he actually that good a footballer? I prefer Watkins over Tammy, I think we could manage both....
Watkins brings a lot to the team when he isn't scoring, I think Tammy would soon be a target for our scapegoat club if he was firing blanks.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #423 on: April 18, 2021, 04:26:16 PM »
Better value elsewhere but likely to be from the foreign market.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #424 on: April 18, 2021, 06:30:28 PM »
He's obviously going to leave but can see likes of Everton and West Ham being in for him.

West Ham certainly, Everton have still got Moise Kean still to shift and might have to watch the pennies with the new ground to pay for.

I'd take him, all transfers are a risk but he's got a head start with us, it's a familiar setup where he's already been a success and is highly thought of.

Taking him is the easy part, how much would you be willing to pay for him, Lee? If the price is £40m even £30m I'd be looking elsewhere.

I think that's pretty much standard these days, so I would, but I'd be reminding Chelsea we've done good business with them (certainly from their point of view) and that a good part of the reason he's worth that much is down to us.

I'd expect us to get a more favourable deal than those spunk trumpets the Gollivans.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #425 on: April 18, 2021, 10:37:41 PM »

I think that's pretty much standard these days, so I would, but I'd be reminding Chelsea we've done good business with them (certainly from their point of view) and that a good part of the reason he's worth that much is down to us.

I'd expect us to get a more favourable deal than those spunk trumpets the Gollivans.
you think that Chelsea would do us a favour,
Because we have been stupid enough with Barkley and Drinkwater ?

Offline Woodyoubetagainstus

« Reply #426 on: April 18, 2021, 10:43:35 PM »
Sorry but Tammy would be a sentiment signing.

We need to think big and throw ££ at Maddison, Leicester aren’t Aston Villa, they won’t qualify for CL, he’s muckas with Jack, let’s aim for the stars.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #427 on: April 18, 2021, 10:47:39 PM »
Sorry but Tammy would be a sentiment signing.

We need to think big and throw ££ at Maddison, Leicester aren’t Aston Villa, they won’t qualify for CL, he’s muckas with Jack, let’s aim for the stars.

Not really a like for like player though. I agree we need another playmaker, but we also need a striker.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #428 on: April 18, 2021, 11:58:28 PM »
Tammy played for us because he couldn't get in the Chelsea side, there must be reasons why one of the top managers has sidelined him again. A bit like the calls to get Benteke back last season, we need to look forward and find better.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #429 on: April 19, 2021, 01:02:40 AM »
I liked Tammy, but is he actually that good a footballer? I prefer Watkins over Tammy, I think we could manage both....
Watkins brings a lot to the team when he isn't scoring, I think Tammy would soon be a target for our scapegoat club if he was firing blanks.

Weren't Tammy's stats for defensive clearances from set-pieces highly impressive for us?

Offline nigel

« Reply #430 on: April 19, 2021, 08:31:04 AM »
Tammy played for us because he couldn't get in the Chelsea side, there must be reasons why one of the top managers has sidelined him again. A bit like the calls to get Benteke back last season, we need to look forward and find better.

I think the difference is Benteke has gone down hill since he left us, whereas Tammy has proved he can perform in the Prem.
Chelsea like big money signings as their main strikers, so he is always going to be a bit part player there.

Offline garyellis

« Reply #431 on: April 19, 2021, 10:21:05 AM »
The question re Tammy is simply can Smith fit them into his formation going forward?
We need other striking options and to suggest Tammy would not be an improvement from where we are now is just ridiculous.
And yes he probably will cost £40m.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #432 on: April 19, 2021, 10:43:44 AM »

[/quote]
I call them the Soiled, it has a ring to it.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #433 on: April 19, 2021, 11:29:21 AM »
Worth looking at amount of ex players DS signs again tbh.

Different clubs and budgets here of course but at Walsall he signed up a few players who'd previously been on loan 1-2 years before and at Brentford he quickly signed again Rico Henry and Romaine Sawyers even though he wasn't fully in control of transfers at Brentford.

And here he's signed Jota, Watkins and Konsa so he's clearly a manager who likes signing guys who knows his methods.

Wouldn't shock me at all if we're in for the likes of Axel and Tammy as both will probably be available, played big parts in our promotion and would be popular with the fanbase and sort of moves they need to make at this stage of their careers as one is completely out of favour and the other's made about 5 starts all season.

Depends how big we go on wingers but both signings would give us flexibility to go 3-5-2 aswell.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #434 on: April 19, 2021, 12:58:33 PM »
Surely no one can argue about the Konsa and Watkins signings? (Or Tammy if it came to fruitition). It's a clear benefit when a manager has worked with a player, knows their character, sees what they can do in training and can get a sense of their potential. Konsa was a bargain and no-one else was in for him as few other clubs realised how good he could become.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal