collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1108955 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #315 on: April 12, 2021, 10:18:02 PM »
I see we are being linked with Dele Alli.  A replacement for Barkley perhaps but, if true, on a permanent deal rather than a loan so he commits to the club.  I can't see this one coming off though.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2021, 10:20:53 PM »
I see we are being linked with Dele Alli.  A replacement for Barkley perhaps but, if true, on a permanent deal rather than a loan so he commits to the club.  I can't see this one coming off though.

Me too.  The stars feel aligned.  The risks are the same as with Barkley although possibly a higher ceiling if it comes off.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #317 on: April 13, 2021, 08:37:11 AM »
It's very difficult to imagine Alli going anywhere but PSG.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #318 on: April 13, 2021, 08:44:55 AM »
It's very difficult to imagine Alli going anywhere but PSG.

I’m not really up on the new rules but given he rarely plays and is not a current international are there any work permit issues that might make scupper this?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #319 on: April 13, 2021, 08:47:22 AM »
If it was a French player arriving in England*, yes. The other way, I don't think it is a big issue. There are plenty of overseas players in France who wouldn't meet the work permit rules here.

*I've specified England as opposed to Britain/UK as I'm not sure Scotland has clarified what its new rules are.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #320 on: April 13, 2021, 09:24:56 AM »
I think/hope the summer transfer window will be our time for at least a couple of marquee signings (wishful thinking?)
If Tammy is one of those I would be happy.
A statement signing would be a No.10 like Maddison or Eriksen someone who can compliment Jack when he's fit and playing, but also someone who can carry the team when Jack is out (I'm not optimistic that Jack will be involved in more than 2/3rds of fixtures next season sadly, based on ongoing issues).
As for the rest of our midfield if we got another goalsorer and no.10 I think they would step up like they did at the start of this season. Regarding our back line I would bring in cover for Targett and leave it at that with Guilbert, Engels and Hause providing cover for the rest.
With the likely sales of Heaton, AEG, Conor and perhaps one or two others we could then look at getting in another more productive winger maybe even from the championship (a Benrahma or Bowen type if they exist).
I'm off for a lie down now after all that wishful and hopeful thinking.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #321 on: April 13, 2021, 09:51:50 AM »
Midfield needs an overhaul and a Striker. If we go in to a 3rd season with only 1 main Striker then we've officially lost our minds.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #322 on: April 13, 2021, 11:35:55 AM »
I would like it if we could get Dele Alli.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #323 on: April 13, 2021, 12:01:16 PM »
Alli's ceiling could potentially be far greater than Barkleys and it would undoubtably be seen as a coup for us. My issue with him is when things aren't going his way, I feel it would be too similar to what we have now with Barkley. Mourinho outing him as a lazy bastard on that Amazon Prime documantary watched by millions of people is a worry.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #324 on: April 13, 2021, 12:44:41 PM »
Alli's ceiling could potentially be far greater than Barkleys and it would undoubtably be seen as a coup for us. My issue with him is when things aren't going his way, I feel it would be too similar to what we have now with Barkley. Mourinho outing him as a lazy bastard on that Amazon Prime documantary watched by millions of people is a worry.

Would cut Alli a bit of slack as a result. Mourinho is quite a toxic personality and very negative these days as to how he sets his team up. Alli is younger than Barkley, less injury prone and his stats suggest he is capable of a lot more. Getting out of London and Spurs might re-energise him. He's more of a second striker than a creative force. Wouldn't be a bad fit I think if his head was right. Combining with likes of Grealish and Watkins. Spiky enough player too which we need more of.

Offline exigo

« Reply #325 on: April 13, 2021, 01:34:18 PM »
Not a worry at all if it inspires him to celebrate in Mourinho's face, like Shaw did at the weekend.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #326 on: April 13, 2021, 01:37:49 PM »
Think Mourinho will be potted in the summer so Ali will prob reason he'll see more game time under a new boss.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #327 on: April 13, 2021, 02:21:25 PM »
Does Alli spend a lot of time injured or have I imagined that?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #328 on: April 13, 2021, 02:29:18 PM »
Think Mourinho will be potted in the summer so Ali will prob reason he'll see more game time under a new boss.

Talk is it would be too expensive to get rid of Mourinho.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #329 on: April 13, 2021, 02:29:37 PM »
Does Alli spend a lot of time injured or have I imagined that?

I think he's had a couple of reasonably lengthy injuries but nothing that unusual to be worried about. I might be wrong though, I pretty much ignored the premier league for 3 seasons.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal