collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 08:47:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:43:09 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:38:11 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109579 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2021, 06:17:02 PM »
Leicester are going to do well to replace Vardy.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2021, 07:35:08 PM »
I'm amazed no one thinks we need cover at CB: we have been very lucky with no injuries to to Konsa and Mings this season.
I want another class CB; may persuade Smith that sometimes a back 3 is a useful fallback tactical approach.
I'd love a Trossard or Pereira to come in as cover for Grealish.
And, we'll need cover for Targett.
I think we do need cover - especially if Engles leaves. Hause seems to pick up a few injuries.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2021, 08:08:04 PM »
The problem is are we likely to find better under-studys than Hause and Engels given any potential new signing will know that Mings and Konsa are set in stone as a partnership.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2021, 08:13:01 PM »
Jeez I’m losing it.  The Vardy post was for the other games thread.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2021, 08:56:03 PM »
The problem is are we likely to find better under-studys than Hause and Engels given any potential new signing will know that Mings and Konsa are set in stone as a partnership.

Bring Tuanzebe back? Could cover RB at a stretch too. Also gives the option of switching to a three at times. Bit of a no brainer for me if the price was right.

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2021, 09:03:33 PM »

Bring Tuanzebe back? Could cover RB at a stretch too. Also gives the option of switching to a three at times. Bit of a no brainer for me if the price was right.
I like him. And he obviously did well for us previously. But is he fit often enough ? And more importantly is he massively better than the kids I see ripping up the U23’s well ahead of their age group and the likes of Dominic Revan n loan at Weymouth ?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2021, 09:18:20 PM »
Whilst I really loved him in the championship whenever I’ve seen him for manure he hasn’t looked great.  Plus the injuries of course.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2021, 09:18:28 PM »
Does anyone know the rules with regards to U23 players and whether they need to be declared in the 25 man squad?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2021, 09:31:58 PM »
Whilst I really loved him in the championship whenever I’ve seen him for manure he hasn’t looked great.  Plus the injuries of course.

The other question is, why would he want to leave their bench for ours?

This is the issue with signing understudies, there are very few who are decent that will come unless there's a sniff of Champion's League football. It's been said many times before, but we ought to be looking to turn some of the current first team into back-ups. Apart from Martinez, Konsa and Grealish there are conceivable upgrades for all the others.

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2021, 09:39:47 PM »

I like him. And he obviously did well for us previously. But is he fit often enough ? And more importantly is he massively better than the kids I see ripping up the U23’s well ahead of their age group and the likes of Dominic Revan n loan at Weymouth ?

I would safely say his track record for us next to Mings would suggest he is a long way ahead of any of our u23s. He's had a tough spell at Man United alright but they have huge competition at CB. His injury record is obviously a real worry but he is still only 23 and did well for us previously.

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2021, 10:31:02 PM »
Abraham or Isak to add competition up front. Thorgan Hazard and the marquee signing of Christian Pulisic to signal out intent. He’s in and out of the Chelsea team and Tuchel might want to cash in to bring his own players in.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2021, 10:36:17 PM »
Tuanzebe and a Tuanzebe, Tuanzebe-zebe-zebe!

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2021, 10:52:25 PM »

The other question is, why would he want to leave their bench for ours?

This is the issue with signing understudies, there are very few who are decent that will come unless there's a sniff of Champion's League football. It's been said many times before, but we ought to be looking to turn some of the current first team into back-ups. Apart from Martinez, Konsa and Grealish there are conceivable upgrades for all the others.

Smith needs to change his approach next season with regards to player rotation. Don't think Watkins has missed a minute for us this season yet, that's not remotely sustainable.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2021, 11:02:54 PM »
I don’t see us spending really big this summer. I think they’ll look to bring in 2 or 3 high quality 1 team ready standard players and then bolster the first team squad from u23s / academy. Don’t know about who to get in or even who we’d be looking at- I’d assume a couple of overseas under the radar wonder kids for fairly modest money and then maybe a big money signing or 2 from UK. One I’d really be trying to get and would be maybe willing to spend over on would be Abraham. I reckon we’ve got a chance of getting him and also think he would improve us as I rate him probably top six quality, which is what we should be aiming at next season regardless of where we finish this season.

Think 9th is probably best we can aim for now unless we go on a mad run like at the start of the season. We’d then be having to sell ourselves as such to potential signings

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2021, 11:12:12 PM »
I'll be surprised if we spend less than £100 million. We are making great strides all the time and nothing about our board makes me think they'll say "mid table! That'll do!".

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal