collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109466 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #3165 on: June 19, 2021, 12:53:14 PM »
Anderson looked good in a poor Fulham team, from the bits I saw last season.

If he'd been with them from the start of the campaign they'd have probably stayed up.  Personally I don't see it. We have Mings and Konsa as pretty much a guaranteed CB pairing now, and Hause showed he's fine as next cab off the rank.

I don't think we'll be in for Tuanzebe either for the exact same reason. He'll need a regular run of games wherever he ends up next to get his career going again.

But a young 19-21 year old who's prepared to come on a bide his time and get the odd game in the cups etc is probably the way to go.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3166 on: June 19, 2021, 02:17:36 PM »
The guy who called both Martinez and Barkley way before they were announced has tweeted that we are in for Joachim Andersen as a replacement for Engels

Well Lyon are a bit skint but I dont see the point of signing him! 25 years old. Used to playing 30+ games a season. Loves a card. Is he really going to want to play understudy to mings and konsa?

Maybe I'm wrong or being harsh but I would prefer someone 5 years younger who will grow with us. This is most certainly a Lange signing if true I would say

Edit** I did a bit of digging and found out he is an amazing ball playing centre back with great passing stats and can play both left and right side of defence. That makes him a no brainer then. Sign him up

That's some change of opinion in the same post!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3167 on: June 19, 2021, 02:29:24 PM »

If he'd been with them from the start of the campaign they'd have probably stayed up.  Personally I don't see it. We have Mings and Konsa as pretty much a guaranteed CB pairing now, and Hause showed he's fine as next cab off the rank.

I don't think we'll be in for Tuanzebe either for the exact same reason. He'll need a regular run of games wherever he ends up next to get his career going again.

But a young 19-21 year old who's prepared to come on a bide his time and get the odd game in the cups etc is probably the way to go.

but we have a few decent young centre backs that are in that position and probably deserve a chance before long. I'd rather we sign someone who can play centre back but is more regularly a defensive midfielder but would be an emergency cover at centre back, Pape Sarr looks a good bet for that (and is very young) but as I said yesterday Koomeiners would be top of the list for me because he has the added benefit of being one of the best free kick takers in the world right now.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3168 on: June 19, 2021, 02:33:34 PM »
According to ‘sources’ Wolves are planning on selling Max Kilman.  For £5m would be a very decent back up Centre Half.

Offline OCD

« Reply #3169 on: June 19, 2021, 02:43:22 PM »
You could argue that Bogarde could play DM or CD but he may need a little longer.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #3170 on: June 19, 2021, 03:05:36 PM »
You could argue that Bogarde could play DM or CD but he may need a little longer.

He's top of my list of the kids that mean signing a youngster to be 4th choice doesn't feel a good idea.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #3171 on: June 19, 2021, 03:26:34 PM »
but we have a few decent young centre backs that are in that position and probably deserve a chance before long. I'd rather we sign someone who can play centre back but is more regularly a defensive midfielder but would be an emergency cover at centre back, Pape Sarr looks a good bet for that (and is very young) but as I said yesterday Koomeiners would be top of the list for me because he has the added benefit of being one of the best free kick takers in the world right now.
Koopmeiner had a superb season just gone.
Market value on Transfermkt of £14.85m probably means he's gettable for around £30m (that website always seems very undervalue - JG is valued at £58.5m).)

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #3172 on: June 19, 2021, 04:13:52 PM »
The guy who called both Martinez and Barkley way before they were announced has tweeted that we are in for Joachim Andersen as a replacement for Engels

Well Lyon are a bit skint but I dont see the point of signing him! 25 years old. Used to playing 30+ games a season. Loves a card. Is he really going to want to play understudy to mings and konsa?

Maybe I'm wrong or being harsh but I would prefer someone 5 years younger who will grow with us. This is most certainly a Lange signing if true I would say

Edit** I did a bit of digging and found out he is an amazing ball playing centre back with great passing stats and can play both left and right side of defence. That makes him a no brainer then. Sign him up

That's some change of opinion in the same post!

It mainly hinged on the fact he can play both sides of defence, cover for mings and konsa. Konsa can then cover for cash if needed. Hause can cover for target. It just seemed to make perfect sense when I looked it up.

I also didn't realise how good his passing was which is something we need as we fanny around with it at the back alot sometimes

Offline OCD

« Reply #3173 on: June 19, 2021, 07:18:19 PM »
I think Ashley Young will be covering for Targett!

In the last couple of games of the season, I much preferred moving Konsa to right back and having Hause at centre back than when we played El-Hommady at right back. That would point to another centre back but if it was an upgrade on Nakamba who was equally comfortable with playing centre back too, I would be fine with that!

Only problem with Koomeiners is that he's left footed which might mean we were getting a little over-balanced with left footed players.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3174 on: June 19, 2021, 07:28:01 PM »
Andersson looked very good to me.

Offline Jimsta

• GM : 13.05.2020
« Reply #3175 on: June 19, 2021, 08:50:53 PM »
I just don't get it why people think buy a player because he can cover central defence and left back, Let's find the best young players just for one position so he can be a master at that position in the future for example Konsa, I don't want see Konsa covering right back no more as he is the best Centre Half we got now.
No more 'and he can cover that position too.' let's buy the best out there as we are aiming for Europe now so let's start acting big.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3176 on: June 19, 2021, 09:03:36 PM »
Just seen that Lyon paid 30m euros for him but then he ended up on a season long loan to Fulham.  Weird

It didn't work out for him at Lyon for whatever reason. He was good for Sampdoria in Serie A before that and I thought he played well for Fulham, their defensive record once he got in the team from mid October was pretty good.

Would be surprised if he came here just to be a reserve though.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #3177 on: June 19, 2021, 09:09:59 PM »
Let's find the best young players just for one position so he can be a master at that position
Looks like thats what we've been doing with the acadamy.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #3178 on: June 19, 2021, 09:52:25 PM »
Let's find the best young players just for one position so he can be a master at that position

Yep, the academy is where you focus on that and you sign to fill gaps or to provide experienced cover so you don't have to rely on the youngsters.

A defensive midfielder who can cover at centre backin an emergency means we aren't putting players between Bogarde, etc and the team but we're not leaving ourselves 1-2 injuries from having to play him either.

Offline OCD

« Reply #3179 on: June 19, 2021, 11:41:42 PM »

Yep, the academy is where you focus on that and you sign to fill gaps or to provide experienced cover so you don't have to rely on the youngsters.

A defensive midfielder who can cover at centre backin an emergency means we aren't putting players between Bogarde, etc and the team but we're not leaving ourselves 1-2 injuries from having to play him either.

Yep. Also Smith has shown he likes a settled team and we don't have Europe this year (but hopefully will do next season). At this point having 2 quality players per position would be a waste so it's better to have a strong first choice team with strong back-up options who can get more games because they can be used in different positions. By the time we're in the mix for CL places or qualifying for it we will then need to have strength in depth to cope with 2/3 games per week.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal