collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by London Villan
[Today at 12:07:17 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:59:17 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 11:57:56 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:57:13 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:54:44 AM]

[Today at 11:51:46 AM]

[Today at 11:49:30 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 11:49:23 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 550681 times)

Offline wince

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #6675 on: March 10, 2024, 02:01:37 PM »

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6676 on: March 10, 2024, 02:14:11 PM »

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #6677 on: March 10, 2024, 03:27:23 PM »
I'd imagine Sky's owners would want them to be as profitable as possible, rather than as fair and impartial as possible.

I don’t want them to be fair and/or impartial.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #6678 on: March 10, 2024, 04:06:49 PM »
Birmingham isn’t in the north.
Says who

Anyone with a working knowledge of English Geography.
Its in the midlands, the invisible bit between the home counties and Cheshire.

Annoys me when northerners call us "southerners" and southerners call us "northerners".  Can't help myself telling them.that there is an area right in the middle of the  country called the Midlands and we are therefore "Midlanders".

I prefer Mercians.

Offline wince

« Reply #6679 on: March 10, 2024, 04:10:26 PM »
Says who
Says anyone from Brum.
So a minority.
Think Moria is missing a Cave Troll tonight mate. Midlands. The middle. North if you be from south, South if you be from north…..No idea what you are smoking today but best lay off it. I am not from the north but from the midlands. As in the middle of the land….

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6680 on: March 10, 2024, 04:17:27 PM »
Says who
Says anyone from Brum.
So a minority.
Think Moria is missing a Cave Troll tonight mate. Midlands. The middle. North if you be from south, South if you be from north…..No idea what you are smoking today but best lay off it. I am not from the north but from the midlands. As in the middle of the land….
Get back under your bridge .

Offline wince

« Reply #6681 on: March 10, 2024, 05:52:48 PM »
Ok. Birmingham is in the English Midlands. It is not in the north. It is north if you are from London, but South if you are from the northern  counties. Not really the troll here am I? But will give benefit of doubt as a shit villa result and all that. So have a great Sunday evening and can assure you I don’t live under bridges or dwarven strongholds in Middle-earth or the middle of England

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #6682 on: March 10, 2024, 05:56:42 PM »
Says who
Says anyone from Brum.
So a minority.
Get back under your bridge .

If you'd like to be banned you only have to ask.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #6683 on: March 10, 2024, 06:16:47 PM »
Edited to not get my own ban.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #6684 on: March 10, 2024, 07:18:50 PM »
Are our owners worth more than Radcliffe? I do hope so.

Do you think the Glazers migh twell have worked one on Radcliffe?  He is coming in, having put a few quid in, and bringing all these new ideas how to improve the club.  If these work, then the profit that MUFC make becomes even higher and the Glazers say " Thanks very much we will have a dividend of £xx, an increase of xxxx much more than last year".  Guess who still owns the vast majority of shares in MUFC.

Depends if you include Comcast, who through Atairos own 20%, and are worth around $200 billion. They also own Sky and it’s about time they put some editorial pressure on their football coverage IMO.

They own that much?

Christ...

I did not know they had purchased so much of the club.

Sawiris & Edens are worth a combined £10.4 billion, which places the owners in the top 7 wealthiest in the world in 2024.

Its hard to get that info from these "wealthy owner lists" floating about the internet though because they either just completely ignore us, or just go for Sawiris on his own.

If Comcast own 20% & their value is £185 billion, & adding the £10.4 billion on Sawiris & Edens, then that places all of our owners as 2nd wealthiest in the world behind Jawdi Arabia.

Obviously its not as simple as that & Im not naive enough to think that those numbers mean that Villa are that wealthy, but if we are going on our owners wealth, like the media do with Newcastle, ManC, ManU, Chelsea, etc, they our owners numbers are 2nd in the world.

Be nice if Comcast did exert some pressure on Sky to do their job properly as far as we are concerned though & not just always focus on the media & marketing favourite clubs...

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #6685 on: March 10, 2024, 08:12:38 PM »
Are our owners worth more than Radcliffe? I do hope so.

Do you think the Glazers migh twell have worked one on Radcliffe?  He is coming in, having put a few quid in, and bringing all these new ideas how to improve the club.  If these work, then the profit that MUFC make becomes even higher and the Glazers say " Thanks very much we will have a dividend of £xx, an increase of xxxx much more than last year".  Guess who still owns the vast majority of shares in MUFC.

Depends if you include Comcast, who through Atairos own 20%, and are worth around $200 billion. They also own Sky and it’s about time they put some editorial pressure on their football coverage IMO.

They own that much?

Christ...

I did not know they had purchased so much of the club.

Sawiris & Edens are worth a combined £10.4 billion, which places the owners in the top 7 wealthiest in the world in 2024.

Its hard to get that info from these "wealthy owner lists" floating about the internet though because they either just completely ignore us, or just go for Sawiris on his own.

If Comcast own 20% & their value is £185 billion, & adding the £10.4 billion on Sawiris & Edens, then that places all of our owners as 2nd wealthiest in the world behind Jawdi Arabia.

Obviously its not as simple as that & Im not naive enough to think that those numbers mean that Villa are that wealthy, but if we are going on our owners wealth, like the media do with Newcastle, ManC, ManU, Chelsea, etc, they our owners numbers are 2nd in the world.

Be nice if Comcast did exert some pressure on Sky to do their job properly as far as we are concerned though & not just always focus on the media & marketing favourite clubs...

Yes Fred. Personally I thought their £100m investment was for 10% but according to the FT it was for 20.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 08:16:47 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #6686 on: March 29, 2024, 07:52:47 AM »
Fulham will have a rooftop swimming pool on their new stand:

https://archive.ph/mS3Xi

I'm sort of hopeful that we'll go for something similar at Villa Park. Obviously not an infinity pool overlooking Witton, which might not be as attractive to visitors, but it'll give Fulham a pretty unique looking stadium with the cottage and that stand. Still feel the 'new' North Stand was a bit bland and we need something .... spicy?

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #6687 on: March 29, 2024, 07:59:21 AM »

I'm sort of hopeful that we'll go for something similar at Villa Park. Obviously not an infinity pool overlooking Witton, which might not be as attractive to visitors, but it'll give Fulham a pretty unique looking stadium with the cottage and that stand. Still feel the 'new' North Stand was a bit bland and we need something .... spicy?
The pool thing is old news so I'm not sure why its being reported now.

I hope our lot come up with outside of the box ideas. Not a pool though.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6688 on: March 29, 2024, 08:02:05 AM »

The pool thing is old news so I'm not sure why its being reported now.

I hope our lot come up with outside of the box ideas. Not a pool though.

It's just part of a health and fitness club I think.

Offline langleylions

« Reply #6689 on: March 29, 2024, 08:26:47 AM »
Why cant the club release a statement actually telling us their plans ffs , it cant possibly to just stay as we are and rinse 20% increases every year out of us , they must have a plan for something !!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal