collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 528708 times)

Online Kevin Dawson

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #645 on: June 10, 2022, 04:16:03 PM »
In fairness, they are a drummer down.

Given it was a few months ago now I wasn't sure whether they were still going ahead as a tribute.
No.  They've announced a tribute show in London, but no mention of a wider tour yet.

I've seen the Foo Fighters live three times they are brilliant band.
The greatest rock ond roll band on the planet Darren.

I agree. I had a seat behind the dugouts for Villa Park. The last time I tried to see them was Wembley in 2015, when Dave Grohl inconveniently broke his leg a couple of weeks before and they cancelled several gigs (not surprisingly). Haven't see them since the second night at Wembley in 2008........
Shame they cancelled the whole tour, but quite understandable. I'm hoping to get tickets for the Wembley Tribute show....

Online Stu82

• GM : 29.09.2024
« Reply #646 on: June 10, 2022, 09:18:04 PM »

Given it was a few months ago now I wasn't sure whether they were still going ahead as a tribute.
No.  They've announced a tribute show in London, but no mention of a wider tour yet.

I agree. I had a seat behind the dugouts for Villa Park. The last time I tried to see them was Wembley in 2015, when Dave Grohl inconveniently broke his leg a couple of weeks before and they cancelled several gigs (not surprisingly). Haven't see them since the second night at Wembley in 2008........
Shame they cancelled the whole tour, but quite understandable. I'm hoping to get tickets for the Wembley Tribute show....

Wimps, captain sensible played the Damned tour days after breaking ribs by playing the gigs sat on a toilet!
That's rock  n roll!

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #647 on: June 10, 2022, 11:27:32 PM »

Wimps, captain sensible played the Damned tour days after breaking ribs by playing the gigs sat on a toilet!
That's rock  n roll!

It's probably worth mentioning that Grohl broke his leg falling 12 foot off the stage and refused to go to hospital before the end of the show, just got it strapped up and then carried on, it's worth googling.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #648 on: June 10, 2022, 11:37:20 PM »

That's rock  n roll!

It's probably worth mentioning that Grohl broke his leg falling 12 foot off the stage and refused to go to hospital before the end of the show, just got it strapped up and then carried on, it's worth googling.

The musical equivalent of 'running it off'.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #649 on: June 11, 2022, 01:38:09 AM »

I've been to quite a few of their big gigs, Hyde Park, Chelmsford, Wembley and I was going to see them at Wembley in '15 but managed to go to the rearranged MK bowl gig. When I went to Wembley, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones came on, was that the first date or the 2nd like you? I can't remember.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #650 on: June 11, 2022, 06:45:13 AM »
Ranking the Foo Fighters above Nirvana is like saying Wings are better than the Beatles

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #651 on: June 11, 2022, 08:30:52 AM »
I did see a tweet from someone recently that said something along the lines of.

‘villa fans. You will not be disappointed with the new north stand. Wow!. A facility and project yet to be seen in Europe.’

Given it was such a random tweet I’m hoping it’s true.
'villa fans'. Is it going to resemble a Mediterranean dwelling? Tsk!

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #652 on: June 11, 2022, 08:41:41 AM »
Ranking the Foo Fighters above Nirvana is like saying Wings are better than the Beatles

Totally agree. Nothing against Foo Fighters but they are a bit boring (imho).

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #653 on: June 11, 2022, 09:58:05 AM »

Ha, well said! Agree with JD too.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #654 on: June 11, 2022, 10:03:13 AM »

Totally agree. Nothing against Foo Fighters but they are a bit boring (imho).

Yep, musical tastes are obviously a personal thing but they just don’t do it for me.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #655 on: June 11, 2022, 10:58:30 AM »
Anyone think the announcement of the plans is taking the piss a bit now? When is it coming?

No, delayed so Louzie0 can wrap up her GTC 2024 contest. Gotta respect that!

Glad to hear it, BV!

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #656 on: June 11, 2022, 12:48:52 PM »
Bruce Springsteen and Rolling Stones overrated?! What is wrong with you people!

Saw Springsteen and the E Street band at Wembley a few years back whilst the missus was pregnant with Lamptey jr - One of the greatest live acts I've ever seen! Arrived without a setlist and was just pulling requests out of the crowd, for a set which went on for well over 3 hours without a break!

On a similar note, I was reared on the Rolling Stones by my dad, and finally got the opportunity to watch them live, travelling to Anfield the other night. Yes they're old (slightly older than the nipper's grandparents!), but they're absolute legends of British Rock n Roll and I won't hear any other word said about it!
Sixty years they've been going for - How many bands will ever have that longevity ever again? I'd hazard a guess the answer will be ZERO! Yes, they look like the Walking Dead, but to still be performing (and have the desire to) at their ages is something to behold. Jagger's exploits strutting and running around the stage would put most of us middle-agers to shame.

Also - Back on topic... Having not visited Anfield since my younger days, I'd forgotten how 'small' the place feels compared to Villa Park. The 'mighty Kop' pales in comparison to our Holte End, and take their main stand out of the equation and it's average at best.

One thing which is IMMENSELY better than VP are the support staff in and around Anfield - The way they handle crowds/turnstiles/food and beer counters is lightyears away from what we suffer with. THIS is an area that we need to look at before any bulldozers come in imo, as the match day experience is pretty fecking shocking at Villa Park tbh.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 12:50:32 PM by Nii Lamptey »

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #657 on: June 11, 2022, 02:00:59 PM »

That's rock  n roll!

Bobby Womack did an encore from his dressing room when his legs we’re playing him up after a show.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #658 on: June 11, 2022, 04:11:15 PM »
Bruce Springsteen and Rolling Stones overrated?! What is wrong with you people!

Saw Springsteen and the E Street band at Wembley a few years back whilst the missus was pregnant with Lamptey jr - One of the greatest live acts I've ever seen! Arrived without a setlist and was just pulling requests out of the crowd, for a set which went on for well over 3 hours without a break!

On a similar note, I was reared on the Rolling Stones by my dad, and finally got the opportunity to watch them live, travelling to Anfield the other night. Yes they're old (slightly older than the nipper's grandparents!), but they're absolute legends of British Rock n Roll and I won't hear any other word said about it!
Sixty years they've been going for - How many bands will ever have that longevity ever again? I'd hazard a guess the answer will be ZERO! Yes, they look like the Walking Dead, but to still be performing (and have the desire to) at their ages is something to behold. Jagger's exploits strutting and running around the stage would put most of us middle-agers to shame.

Also - Back on topic... Having not visited Anfield since my younger days, I'd forgotten how 'small' the place feels compared to Villa Park. The 'mighty Kop' pales in comparison to our Holte End, and take their main stand out of the equation and it's average at best.

One thing which is IMMENSELY better than VP are the support staff in and around Anfield - The way they handle crowds/turnstiles/food and beer counters is lightyears away from what we suffer with. THIS is an area that we need to look at before any bulldozers come in imo, as the match day experience is pretty fecking shocking at Villa Park tbh.

I was surprised how good the Stones were when I saw them a couple of years ago.  I thought they'd be too old but it was a great show.  I've seen Springsteen a couple of times.  He's a great showman and as you say he plays for hours.  They had to pull the plug out on him at Hyde Park as he went past the curfew.

Green Day are very good live, an excellent show and great front man, but they do the same chat and gimmicks every time.  But worth it if you get the chance.

But I stand by my comment on the Foo Fighters, the greatest band (still playing) out there.  Dave Grohl is a brilliant front man and they are fantastic live.  I've seen them 3 times and was looking forward to seeing them at the best staium in the world.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #659 on: June 11, 2022, 04:31:30 PM »
Springsteen strikes me as someone I ought to love the music of, but I've just never been able to get in to it. The guy's attitude is first class though & undoubtedly really good at what he does. Just not my cup of tea musically.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal