collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 546707 times)

Online luke95

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #1890 on: January 05, 2023, 10:43:29 AM »
The traffic issue on Trinity Rd last night was down to a minor bump I think.
Taxi's trying to squeeze through the narrowest of gabs resulting  in wing mirrors being taken off.  It was virtually impossible for walkers to filter through the traffic like normal due to taxis being so tight in passing each other

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #1891 on: January 05, 2023, 10:47:31 AM »
For some reason there was also a car just sitting in the middle of Trinity Road outside the Holte Pub after the game - the driver was just sitting in his seat eating a pie!

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1892 on: January 05, 2023, 10:48:17 AM »
I've come up with a solution to the single-seat problem. After season ticket renewal, everybody shuffles down to fill up the empties. You stay in the same block and the same row, but you move sideways towards the centre of the stand. Gets rid of the singles, you stay with your current neighbours, relocation as a group becomes easier, and occasional fans could get a couple of tickets together and so be able to bring the kids. Just a thought.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1893 on: January 05, 2023, 10:53:38 AM »
Is there any more information about the implementation of safe standing next season?

David Micahel of MOMS said back in October that he had been informed that that Aston Villa have consulted the local authority’s Safety Advisory Group regarding the installing of rail seating in both the Upper Doug Ellis and the Upper Holte End - possibly from as early as next season to coincide with the reduced capacity for the North Stand redev.

I'd have thought Holte lower was more obvious as they stand in there anyway.  But even so, if fans are going to lose seats as early as next season I would have thought we'd have started to hear a bit more about it by now?

Anybody know any mre about this?

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1894 on: January 05, 2023, 11:56:51 AM »
For some reason there was also a car just sitting in the middle of Trinity Road outside the Holte Pub after the game - the driver was just sitting in his seat eating a pie!
Was he African?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1895 on: January 05, 2023, 12:00:04 PM »
Was he African?

This month marks the 10th anniversary of the Reverser!

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1896 on: January 05, 2023, 12:02:17 PM »
We need a special one off shirt to make this landmark date

Offline Rico

« Reply #1897 on: January 05, 2023, 12:11:08 PM »
Both Spurs and West Ham had smaller grounds than Villa Park, but on moving to new stadia they are both achieving attendances well over 50k. So although Villa Park was not full last night I would expect that when the new stand is completed that the majority of our  attendances will be closer to 50k than 40k. A big stadium will allow for more creative pricing. There will be more affordable seats available and more premium seats, so revenue should be increased. I don't think we will have a situation of 10k empty seats for any premier league game, although I think it is unlikely that the stadium will be at 100% capacity all of the time.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #1898 on: January 05, 2023, 01:32:07 PM »
Spurs and West Ham get a large amount of well-off premier league “tourists” due to their location. Spurs last week was crawling with half and half scarfers, out for what I guessed was their first trip to a game. I’m not sure that Villa Park would have the same appeal - and I’m not sure I’d want it to. Just keep the prices down, Villa

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1899 on: January 05, 2023, 01:41:36 PM »
If Spurs ever sell Son, they'll reduce their home attendance massively - so many South Koreans, many with the classic half and half scarves.  Just shows the sheer global pull of the PL and in this case, one player.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1900 on: January 05, 2023, 03:13:27 PM »
In the video the club released of the redevelopment, we see a show down what looks like a Wembley Way copy from Witton station to the North stand, which I assume is along Station Road.

Is that really realistic? Aren't there houses all along that road on the one side?

I remember hearing something about the club buying up land between the station and the ground, is that where this new access is going to be?

Me no understand.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1901 on: January 05, 2023, 03:13:40 PM »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1902 on: January 05, 2023, 03:19:45 PM »
https://www.avfc.co.uk/villa-park/villa-park-future/

The video on there ^^^

The houses (and church) are all there in white.

EDIT - I think it looks misleading because the various walls and fences aren't included so it looks more open than it is. What will be interesting is car parking along there. Last time I was near there it was doubled up parking all along and I can't imagine the club will want that.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 03:23:13 PM by paul_e »

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #1903 on: January 05, 2023, 03:26:54 PM »
https://www.avfc.co.uk/villa-park/villa-park-future/

The video on there ^^^

The houses (and church) are all there in white.

EDIT - I think it looks misleading because the various walls and fences aren't included so it looks more open than it is. What will be interesting is car parking along there. Last time I was near there it was doubled up parking all along and I can't imagine the club will want that.

So we’re just painting their houses and trees white and nicking their cars?
Fair enough.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1904 on: January 05, 2023, 03:54:30 PM »
Has anything been said about the name of the new stand? While it has been the 'North' for most of my life, I do find it a bit generic and bland.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal