collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 548843 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #1680 on: December 22, 2022, 03:28:35 PM »
I think the new stand will open at the start of the 25-26 season.

Thanks.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1681 on: December 22, 2022, 04:06:17 PM »
No! Have it ready for our 150th.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1682 on: December 22, 2022, 04:19:01 PM »

Thanks.

Not 2024 -2025 ?  wont they start in the Summer and take a year or so ?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1683 on: December 22, 2022, 04:19:18 PM »
Have our precious Councilors said yes?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1684 on: December 22, 2022, 04:25:54 PM »

Thanks.

Not 2024 -2025 ?  wont they start in the Summer and take a year or so ?

No, the first year is just for blocking stuff off and making people's lives a misery, the work will actually start a year later.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #1685 on: December 22, 2022, 05:11:21 PM »
From the FAQs on the website on the subject of when construction will start and how long it will take:

"The Club will continue to work closely with all stakeholders to ensure the elements of the project, such as transport system and infrastructure works, are prioritised to ensure the best outcome for our fans, local community, the city and the wider region. Progress in these sectors will be key to confirming a timeframe and the sequencing of Villa Park works. The anticipated duration of construction is expected to last around 24 months."

I imagine - though don't know - that they will start after the end of next season.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #1686 on: December 22, 2022, 05:12:43 PM »
From the FAQs on the website on the subject of when construction will start and how long it will take:

"The Club will continue to work closely with all stakeholders to ensure the elements of the project, such as transport system and infrastructure works, are prioritised to ensure the best outcome for our fans, local community, the city and the wider region. Progress in these sectors will be key to confirming a timeframe and the sequencing of Villa Park works. The anticipated duration of construction is expected to last around 24 months."

I imagine - though don't know - that they will start after the end of this season.

Offline nigel

« Reply #1687 on: December 22, 2022, 05:25:16 PM »
There's been rumours that we might get kicked out from our seats behind the dugout in order for the away staff to be better segregated from fans (it's caused problems in the past) and to make the area Premium Seating.

Therefore, if anyone sees details in the plans regarding reconfiguration of the central LTR, please let me know

My brother is Lower Trinity, behind dug out, and he was saying he’d heard that he was being moved.
These seats were to be corporate seating.
I’m seeing him later so might have a better answer

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1688 on: December 22, 2022, 06:11:04 PM »
Remember the early days of the new Holte where we only had the lower tier and we were shit. Ah, memories.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1689 on: December 22, 2022, 06:40:31 PM »
Wasn't blown away with the frontage of the new stand when the initial designs came out. Still think there's room for improvement there, TBH.

But the approach and walkways from Witton station up to the ground looks impressive.  Wembley Way vibes.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1690 on: December 22, 2022, 08:48:39 PM »
55 seconds into the video on the Official Site it shows it.

Bugger.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #1691 on: December 22, 2022, 08:49:52 PM »

I imagine - though don't know - that they will start after the end of next season.

24 months?!

We obviously love a Spurs comparison round here - they managed to build an entire stadium in 3 years so how does it take us 2 years to build one stand?!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1692 on: December 22, 2022, 08:57:58 PM »

24 months?!

We obviously love a Spurs comparison round here - they managed to build an entire stadium in 3 years so how does it take us 2 years to build one stand?!

I guess part of the reason is that they could be working on all the site, all the time, whereas we'll be having to build around the rest of the ground and fit in with fixtures.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1693 on: December 22, 2022, 09:03:34 PM »
It’s a massive build. It will impact a third of the Trinity too.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #1694 on: December 22, 2022, 09:05:55 PM »

24 months?!

I guess part of the reason is that they could be working on all the site, all the time, whereas we'll be having to build around the rest of the ground and fit in with fixtures.

Working on all the site, all the time - you mean, whilst building it around a fully functioning Premier League stadium like White Hart Lane in the middle of a densely populated residential area?

The Spurs stadium was absolutely not a simple build.  Expensive, sure. But not simple.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal