collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 550338 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #1365 on: September 06, 2022, 09:51:36 AM »
I'm glad the away fans are getting some new space too with redevelopment of Q1 and the new large entrance. One of thr plans shows an abutment onto the Witton Lane for access to the upper tier, so presumably there will be more space.

They may well be getting rid of the 3 or 4 boxes that are there too to create room? Eitherway, I don't like that away fans have a pretty dim view of the facilities in the away end.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1366 on: September 06, 2022, 09:55:52 AM »
It looked on the  pictures that the witton lane would be pedestrianised , is that viable ?

It looked from the initial plans that it was going to be closed off at the North Stand end, but it's going to be a 'shared space', closed on match days:

"A section of shared surface will be introduced to Witton Lane at the junction
with Station Road responding to the glazing line of the new Villa Live building.
The introduction of a raised table will help to reduce vehicle speeds and a
signalled pelican crossing point will ensure safe pedestrian crossing on non
match day (the road is closed on match day). In addition, planting, landscaping,
street furniture and well lit spaces are designed to enhance the public safety and
security of the site. "

I checked that first, they're going to move the entrance which is currently offset againt Station Rd so it lines up, making it more accessable to and from the station.

The whole thing is very impressive.

Offline frank black

« Reply #1367 on: September 06, 2022, 09:58:24 AM »
No doubt they’ll offer me the chance to keep my seat for £2000 (or maybe a slight discount) for corporate perks. This isn’t what I go for, nor the experience I want. Otherwise it’s relocate to somewhere else , no doubt nowhere near my current spot. Sorry to go off on a tangent about me me,me. But I had no clue til this morning that my seat on the halfway line would be impacted by a new North Stand. It’s a shock

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1368 on: September 06, 2022, 10:00:18 AM »
No doubt they’ll offer me the chance to keep my seat for £2000 (or maybe a slight discount) for corporate perks. This isn’t what I go for, nor the experience I want. Otherwise it’s relocate to somewhere else , no doubt nowhere near my current spot. Sorry to go off on a tangent about me me,me. But I had no clue til this morning that my seat on the halfway line would be impacted by a new North Stand. It’s a shock

Why are you complaining about something you've imagined?

Offline frank black

« Reply #1369 on: September 06, 2022, 10:19:44 AM »

Why are you complaining about something you've imagined?

Fair point, but my seat is definitely marked as hospitality

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1370 on: September 06, 2022, 10:25:51 AM »
My seat is getting demolished mate, and will probably twice the price in the new stand

Offline frank black

« Reply #1371 on: September 06, 2022, 10:30:15 AM »
Nightmare

Anyhow, my initial thoughts of the design are that the polycarbonate bit could do with some proper stained glass.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1372 on: September 06, 2022, 10:33:53 AM »
Image here...

Block C5 C4 "GA+" which I assume is General Admission Plus - so no doubt a premium to sit there, but with access to a bar or lounge of some description. It looks like a lot of work in the Trinity actually. Bigger 1874 lounge, reconfigured seating at the North end of the ground, moving the press box...

It all makes sense, just would have been nice to be informed. I know it's happened before but I'd guess the fans in those blocks are pretty longstanding season ticket holders as the face don't change much year to year.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1373 on: September 06, 2022, 10:40:10 AM »
I note it says Phase 2 will involve configuration of the stands, including Doug Ellis & Holte End to increase the overall capacity up to 52,000 - 53,000.

I think it's a fantastic proposal for the new North Stand and it's hard to see how it could be any bigger.  But a max final destination of 53k does feel a liitle bit light to me, but I guess that can only change significantly if more space can be created in Witton Lane and / or Trinity road can be shifted a little to allow bulding the holte out on the corner - both of which feel unlikely in the medium term.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1374 on: September 06, 2022, 10:52:10 AM »
Image here...

Block C5 C4 "GA+" which I assume is General Admission Plus - so no doubt a premium to sit there, but with access to a bar or lounge of some description. It looks like a lot of work in the Trinity actually. Bigger 1874 lounge, reconfigured seating at the North end of the ground, moving the press box...

It all makes sense, just would have been nice to be informed. I know it's happened before but I'd guess the fans in those blocks are pretty longstanding season ticket holders as the face don't change much year to year.

I notice on that plan there will be Optimised Vomitiries in the Trinity which will be handy for when we are sick of the manager.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1375 on: September 06, 2022, 10:53:46 AM »
The Holte and Witton changes are probably 10 years away.

Offline Concrete Tom

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #1376 on: September 06, 2022, 10:54:59 AM »
Anyone know why the club has suddenly started to refer to the Trinity Road Stand as just simply the Trinity Stand?

I thought it might have been a Purslowism but it’s present throughout the planning documents.

Really don’t like it.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1377 on: September 06, 2022, 10:58:32 AM »
Anyone know why the club has suddenly started to refer to the Trinity Road Stand as just simply the Trinity Stand?

I thought it might have been a Purslowism but it’s present throughout the planning documents.

Really don’t like it.

That annoyed me too, but having trawled through a decent quantity of the documentation, it is at times referred to by the correct name too.

By which I mean, it's probably shoddiness rather than by design.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 11:00:33 AM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #1378 on: September 06, 2022, 11:03:19 AM »
Looks like my seats in the Lower Trinity have evolved to General Admission Plus - and are part of the hospitality offer...

Overall it looks good, but it's not unique - as was the original Trinity (or even the copy at the Holte End). It would be great to have a stand that has something that sets us apart from other grounds and can only be Villa Park. To me it looks like the new main stand at Anfield - not a bad stand, but certainly not something that can only be Villa Park.
I can't think of many grounds with two such imposing stands at either end. I absolutely love the Holte, still gives me goosebumps when looking at it, the North Stand has the potential to be even better.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #1379 on: September 06, 2022, 11:04:21 AM »

Really don’t like it.

That annoyed me too, but having trawled through a decent quantity of the documentation, it is at times referred to by the correct name too.

By which I mean, it's probably shoddiness rather than by design.
Yep, there are a number of drawings that label it as the Trinity Road Stand.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal