collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 549827 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #1305 on: September 04, 2022, 03:57:19 PM »
Youd expect the New North to have some pretty good views, when you consider the height of it.

Offline luke95

« Reply #1306 on: September 04, 2022, 04:06:03 PM »
Youd expect the New North to have some pretty good views, when you consider the height of it.
Yeah but you may aswell be sat in Perry Barr when it come to proximity to the pitch.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1307 on: September 04, 2022, 04:15:17 PM »
I love the Upper North. Best view in the ground cos you see the Holte in its glory. I took a Fulham fan in there for the home game where Kodjia scored a flying volley against them - he was in awe.

I'm guessing you'll still be able to see the Holte in the new stand.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #1308 on: September 04, 2022, 04:25:19 PM »
Yeah but you may aswell be sat in Perry Barr when it come to proximity to the pitch.

Don't agree with that at all. Part of the reason the view is superb is the proximity you feel to the pitch.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1309 on: September 04, 2022, 05:57:38 PM »
I think Luke means in the new north stand.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1310 on: September 04, 2022, 06:02:45 PM »
The back of the new North Stand looks about the same height as the Trinity. It's much wider than the current one but not much higher. The view will be superb.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 10:00:23 PM by The Edge »

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1311 on: September 04, 2022, 06:03:46 PM »
I think for the Villa Park rebuild to work it has to utilise our history. Aston Villa were the first giant of world football. Our history is our identity. In that time we were the Real Madrid of that era. The ground design needs to take that DNA of redbrick late Victorian / Edwardian Birmingham. Take inspiration from the old Trinity and other local redbrick landmarks for its outer appearance. To me the design I've seen is just a red brick wall. It's the right colour and material but that's about it. The outside of the trinity needs to be redone in that way.

It would be like going to her Maj saying we're going to rebuild Windsor castle in the style of a large Aldi. Sacrilege!

Indeed.

Shirley there's a way of incorporating this new 'Villa Live' concept directly into the stand as well. Rather than two serperate corporate looking sheds. Could be Crystal Palace or Burnley. Or a shopping mall in Dubai. Could be anywhere.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1312 on: September 04, 2022, 06:07:06 PM »
But its quite obviously not, it's a few feet away from the North stand at Villa Park.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1313 on: September 04, 2022, 06:12:05 PM »

Don't agree with that at all. Part of the reason the view is superb is the proximity you feel to the pitch.
Yeah, had our season ticket in the North Stand Upper for many years, row D, right in the centre - brilliant views. Then relocated to the Trinity Road stand the season that Santa parachuted in to the roof*, cos it was (a) warmer and (b) my granddad's sight was going by then so he could see what was going on a bit better from there.

Anyway, North Stand. I'm very fond of it and still either sit there or the Trinity Road stand on my visits to B6.

* Remember that as if it were yesterday - just this loud thud, then that poor bloke falling down like a sack of spuds right in front of us - we were pretty much level with where he fell, so could practically see the guy's face as he went down.

Offline luke95

« Reply #1314 on: September 04, 2022, 08:28:42 PM »

I meant in the new stand when its built. No doubt you be as far away from the pitch as the upper holte as it is now.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #1315 on: September 04, 2022, 08:38:41 PM »
I think Luke means in the new north stand.

Ah. Yes. My misunderstanding. Sorry.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #1316 on: September 05, 2022, 09:06:09 AM »

Yeah, had our season ticket in the North Stand Upper for many years, row D, right in the centre - brilliant views. Then relocated to the Trinity Road stand the season that Santa parachuted in to the roof*, cos it was (a) warmer and (b) my granddad's sight was going by then so he could see what was going on a bit better from there.

Anyway, North Stand. I'm very fond of it and still either sit there or the Trinity Road stand on my visits to B6.

* Remember that as if it were yesterday - just this loud thud, then that poor bloke falling down like a sack of spuds right in front of us - we were pretty much level with where he fell, so could practically see the guy's face as he went down.

I was in the front row right above the goal. I loved it until they made the block next to me corporate and we were getting away fans dressed up to the nines making gestures to us that we would have been thrown out for if we had done it to them.
I still clearly have the vision of Santa slowly descending and realising that he would hit the roof. It seemed to take ages for him to slide down and over the edge. It was disappointing that when he came back to VP for a televised match Sky didn’t mention him.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1317 on: September 05, 2022, 11:25:32 AM »
Correct. Fucking Right Siders, honestly.
Never understood how anyone could stand on the right side.  The left side was SO much better.  Wrong uns.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1318 on: September 05, 2022, 11:31:15 AM »
Never understood how anyone could stand on the right side.  The left side was SO much better.  Wrong uns.

The left side was for kids and pavement dancers, all the 'heads' stood on the bottom right hand corner.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #1319 on: September 05, 2022, 12:34:41 PM »

The left side was for kids and pavement dancers, all the 'heads' stood on the bottom right hand corner.
Away with yee.
We had the added advantage of boredom breakers, when a random fight broke out in the park...........often more entertaining than what was on display from pitch side.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal