collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 528521 times)

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #1050 on: July 06, 2022, 09:24:24 AM »
No problem at all with Villa Live having a sponsor's name.  It wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Much stronger feels about the ground, though.  I could cope with an FA Cup style 'North Stand sponsored by XYZ', but that's about the limit.  Definitely not the ground, and the stands should keep close to their original names.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1051 on: July 06, 2022, 09:29:32 AM »
I saw something the other day, I think it was on Football Insider so it's all rubbish, but it made me wonder what the reaction would be.

Would people be happy if the club sold a sponsor naming rights for the new stand or part of the Villa Live area? If the money was to go to improving the playing squad and FFP rather than to offset build costs.

I hate the very idea, but at the same time I can see how hard it is to compete on FFP without extra revenue. I think the Villa Live area might be better than the stand, especially if there's a music venue as that's quite normal to have a sponsor.

I'm glad I don't have to decide if I'm honest!

We've got the name of Doug fucking Ellis on one of our stands, there are very few sponsors we could find that would be as shit as that.

As far as I'm concerned we can have everything about the club sponsored except for the holte end and probably the ground. If selling sponsorship for everything adds a chunk to our income that closes the gap on the top 6, even slightly, then we need to do it.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1052 on: July 06, 2022, 09:30:46 AM »
I'd be perfectly happy with any of the stands having sponsors names if it makes a tangible difference to FFP.  I'd prefer the North Stand to be called the Ron Saunders stand though, but if not we must at least have a statue trubute or similar for him.

I'd personally draw the line at the Vila Park name though, but could possibly live with it being pre-fixed if the money was significant.

Whilst we're all precious about our history, and rightly so, if we want to compete at the very top I guess there will have to be compromises.  As long as these are done in a reasonable way, then personally I would be ok living with that.  It's time for us to make some more history and that is my priority.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 09:33:59 AM by chrisw1 »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1053 on: July 06, 2022, 09:31:51 AM »
I'd like to think the North Stand name will die with the existing structure, and a suitable name given to the new one, such as Saunders.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1054 on: July 06, 2022, 09:33:20 AM »
As for Villa Live, I can't see any benefit for a sponsor in naming a very modestly sized drinking venue.  If we can get a few quid fine, but I don't see it myself.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1055 on: July 06, 2022, 09:35:07 AM »
What was the name of the function room behind the old Holte pub?  I'm thinking it was called the Florida Suite?

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1056 on: July 06, 2022, 09:36:48 AM »
As for Villa Live, I can't see any benefit for a sponsor in naming a very modestly sized drinking venue.  If we can get a few quid fine, but I don't see it myself.

I think it's more if they have live music again really.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1057 on: July 06, 2022, 09:37:04 AM »
We've got the name of Doug fucking Ellis on one of our stands, there are very few sponsors we could find that would be as shit as that.

Absolutely.  'The Scholl fungal nail cream stand' would be better than that.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1058 on: July 06, 2022, 09:40:02 AM »
Something like the O2 at Villa Park is probably likely...

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1059 on: July 06, 2022, 09:42:59 AM »

Even so, who sponsors small music venues?  If you're thinking o2, their sponsorship is with the Academy group, not individual small venues.  I can't think of any other similar venues that are sponsored.  We could potenially do a deal with the Academy Group or Box Park for them to run the venue for us, but I think that's doubtful.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1060 on: July 06, 2022, 09:47:10 AM »

Maybe we could combine sponsor and illustrious player from the past?

The Dwight Yorkie Stand

The Juan Pablo Angel Delight Stand

The Dion Visit Dublin Stand

The Garry Parker Knoll Stand etc.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1061 on: July 06, 2022, 09:54:27 AM »

Even so, who sponsors small music venues?  If you're thinking o2, their sponsorship is with the Academy group, not individual small venues.  I can't think of any other similar venues that are sponsored.  We could potenially do a deal with the Academy Group or Box Park for them to run the venue for us, but I think that's doubtful.

So you don't think even our main shirt sponsors would pay more to increase their exposure to potential non-football audiences? If they build it and get the footfall, they will find a sponsor.

Remember, this isn't some tiny independent bar that puts on a few acts, this is a massive commercial organisation with a team dedicated to going out and finding sponsorship partners for a whole range of things at the club.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1062 on: July 06, 2022, 09:55:43 AM »
No I don't tbh.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #1063 on: July 06, 2022, 09:58:15 AM »

So you don't think even our main shirt sponsors would pay more to increase their exposure to potential non-football audiences? If they build it and get the footfall, they will find a sponsor.

Remember, this isn't some tiny independent bar that puts on a few acts, this is a massive commercial organisation with a team dedicated to going out and finding sponsorship partners for a whole range of things at the club.

I suspect something like this will be the case - sponsorship of the Live venue will be tied into one of the partnership agreements we have to increase it's value.  I'm not sure I'd want to go somewhere called Cazoo Live however.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1064 on: July 06, 2022, 09:59:17 AM »

Maybe we could combine sponsor and illustrious player from the past?

The Dwight Yorkie Stand

The Juan Pablo Angel Delight Stand

The Dion Visit Dublin Stand

The Garry Parker Knoll Stand etc.

Gareth Barry's Tea

Allan Evans Cycles

Didn't Ian Taylor set-up his own budget-brand Beats By Dre-type headphones a few years back?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal