collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:27:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Rank the players - season so far  (Read 5980 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Rank the players - season so far
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2021, 04:19:01 PM »
1. Grealish
2. Martinez
3. Traore
4.Barkley
5. Watkins
6. El Ghazi

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2021, 05:06:12 PM »
1. Grealish
2. Martinez
3. Traore
4.Barkley
5. Watkins
6. El Ghazi

El Ghazi, Traore and Barkley better than Konsa and Targett?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2021, 05:55:59 PM »
Grealish
Target
Konsa
Watkins
Martinez
Luiz
El Ghazi

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2021, 08:59:57 AM »
Ha! Almost impossible task. I’d have Grealish #1 with Martinez #2. Probably Dougie-Fresh at #3 with the back 4 of Cash, Konsa, Mings & Targett at #4 - they’ve all been excellent. Watkins gets his own score of #5, which might seem harsh operating on his own. Maybe swap him at 4 and put back 4 at 5? Can’t go past that really. The rest have all had their moments and nobody has looked out of place.

As an aside, Ash Preece’s player ratings after the FA cup match against Liverpool made me laugh a bit - every player got a 10! Great stuff.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2021, 09:26:41 AM »
1:Grealish (left wing)
2:Grealish (centre mid)
3:Targett
4:Konsa
5:Martinez

Offline Risso

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2021, 11:08:02 AM »

On that criteria it's Jack Grealish for the first 5 spots, seeing as wherever he is on the pitch he's head and shoulders better than anybody else!

Offline LeeB

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2021, 11:18:54 AM »

On that criteria it's Jack Grealish for the first 5 spots, seeing as wherever he is on the pitch he's head and shoulders better than anybody else!

I did consider that to be honest.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2021, 03:53:45 PM »
We've got a lot of good players and a few very good players. We are exciting to watch as well. The thing that bothers me is looking at the table and seeing us in 10th place which suggests we are bang average. We should be higher than that.

A point off two teams we have two games in hand over, which would put us higher than we've finished for a decade. How many of us, hand in heart, wouldn't settle for that?

I think the problem is that we look so good most of the time that you can't help thinking we should win, which given where we were 12 months ago is incredible.

I keep saying to my brother that I'm not worrying about results now, because I'm so confident that our play will reap its rewards in the fullness of time, and that we will learn and improve as a team.

And also because watching us play is just tremendous fun.

we create chances for fun. We're not putting them away that's the problem. We are a brilliant team to watch and I would much rather us being the way we are and losing playing that way than watching a team like Burnley or Newcastle week after week. And the Burnley defensively collapse was an anomaly given how well we've defended overall. And to think we will have the likes of Morgan Sanson on the bench at the weekend whereas this time last season we were fielding the likes of Baston, Lansbury and Drinkwater. Progress doesn't have to come in big leaps and bounds but ours has. I'm delighted as to where we are and more importantly the direction we are headed.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2021, 04:48:30 PM »
I think we should be given a bigger share of the TV money at the end of the season given we actually play football the football that attracts viewers and makes for entertaining football.

Take it off the “results are all that matters” merchants, that might make them realise why they get paid like they do.

Offline Risso

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2021, 04:59:16 PM »
I think we should be given a bigger share of the TV money at the end of the season given we actually play football the football that attracts viewers and makes for entertaining football.

Take it off the “results are all that matters” merchants, that might make them realise why they get paid like they do.

Burnley would have to pay be in the Premier League on that basis.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2021, 06:57:19 PM »

Burnley would have to pay be in the Premier League on that basis.

"We've got Spurs away Saturday lads, 10:30 meet at the Rose & Crown and don't forget your subs"

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2021, 03:55:50 AM »
1 Jack
2 konsa
3 Martinez
4 Mings
5 Watkins

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2021, 08:13:45 AM »

I did consider that to be honest.

Grealish
Grealish
Grealish
Grealish
Grealish
Grealish
Grealish
Martinez
Grealish
Grealish
Grealish

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2021, 10:44:55 AM »
We've got a lot of good players and a few very good players. We are exciting to watch as well. The thing that bothers me is looking at the table and seeing us in 10th place which suggests we are bang average. We should be higher than that.

A point off two teams we have two games in hand over, which would put us higher than we've finished for a decade. How many of us, hand in heart, wouldn't settle for that?

I think the problem is that we look so good most of the time that you can't help thinking we should win, which given where we were 12 months ago is incredible.

I keep saying to my brother that I'm not worrying about results now, because I'm so confident that our play will reap its rewards in the fullness of time, and that we will learn and improve as a team.

we create chances for fun. We're not putting them away that's the problem. We are a brilliant team to watch and I would much rather us being the way we are and losing playing that way than watching a team like Burnley or Newcastle week after week. And the Burnley defensively collapse was an anomaly given how well we've defended overall. And to think we will have the likes of Morgan Sanson on the bench at the weekend whereas this time last season we were fielding the likes of Baston, Lansbury and Drinkwater. Progress doesn't have to come in big leaps and bounds but ours has. I'm delighted as to where we are and more importantly the direction we are headed.
Yeah, this is the thing for me too. At times we look like we're playing a different game to the side we're playing against, Liverpool being the obvious example (!!!!!) but even first half against Burnley last weekend, it was like Wednesbury Athletic vs Brazil. Said to my dad after that game, we're not far off having an exceptional side.

For me
1. Grealish
2. Martinez
3. Targett
4. Cash
5. Watkins

But I do think we've got probably a dozen players on 9/10 or 10/10 seasons. Tyrone Mings has been the most disappointing, mainly because he's only on a 7.5/10! He's still been pretty damn good.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2021, 03:30:23 PM »

Yeah, this is the thing for me too. At times we look like we're playing a different game to the side we're playing against, Liverpool being the obvious example (!!!!!) but even first half against Burnley last weekend, it was like Wednesbury Athletic vs Brazil. Said to my dad after that game, we're not far off having an exceptional side.

For me
1. Grealish
2. Martinez
3. Targett
4. Cash
5. Watkins

But I do think we've got probably a dozen players on 9/10 or 10/10 seasons. Tyrone Mings has been the most disappointing, mainly because he's only on a 7.5/10! He's still been pretty damn good.

Grouped into 6 categories as I rate them on half term report thread
1. Jack Grealish 8.5/10
2. Emiliano Martinez + Ollie Watkins 8/10
3 Ezri Konsa + Matt Targett 7.5/10
4.Ross Barkley, Tyrone Mings, Traroe, AEG and Hause. 7/10
5.Matt Cash , John McGinn, Douglas Luiz 6.5/10
6. Trezeguet and Nakamba 6/10

Taken as overall of games each have played so far

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal