collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Newcastle United Pre-Match Thread  (Read 15698 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Aston Villa v Newcastle United Pre Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2021, 06:14:57 PM »
4 -0

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2021, 06:59:31 PM »
If ever we needed a  Newcastle United its now.  2-0 and the veg stall will be empty before it opens on Monday Morning. 

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2021, 07:08:15 PM »
FTHPNJWBRNLESFTTFBSDFTCF

Something about Scotland?

I've worked out 3 letters so far. The first and last F obviously, and the D for Dec.

Horse Punching, No Jumper Wearing, Blaydon Racing, No Longer Everybody's Second Favourite Team, Topless Fat Bloking, Sports Direct Financed, Toon Crier.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2021, 07:34:13 PM »
We've got to batter these, absolutely no excuses whatsoever. They are dreadful, we are good, but if we don't start winning some of our games in hand, we're going to end up in a disappointing lower mid table position.

I think it's going to be a tricky game to be honest. They are in dreadful form alright but our lads will have had a very hard game in their legs after a lay off. McGinn is a big loss too. Wouldn't be surprised to see a somewhat flat start from us as a result.

I'd be swapping Jack back into 10 with AEG replacing Barkley. Kind of game AEG could have a field day in. Ramsey for McGinn is the obvious change in the middle.

Might be better to have Barkley coming on for last 20-30 mins until his fitness improves.

Get the first goal and these lads will fall apart like they did v Arsenal.

Online Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2021, 08:28:56 PM »
I think we will win comfortably. An early goal and it could well be by 3 or 4.

Ordinarily I might be worried that this poor Noocassel side occasionally manages a dead cat bounce, but not with how we are playing and the intelligent approach of DS and his coaching staff.

As for Bruce. I didn't want him as our manager, never liked him but don't hate him (life's too short). Though I do get slightly irked from time to time that he continues to be very well paid, then very well paid off, from bringing next to fuck all to every club he manages - other than his tried and tested chat in press conferences. It seems enough for many in the media to give him an easy ride.

And I don't get the line that 'he steadied the ship'.

Certainly he didn't rock the boat or make huge demands but I don't give him credit for that. It is his standard operating practice - i.e. stand on the training ground watching others keep them fit, do the media stuff and chat to the lads before the game and at half-time - try to gee them up a bit.

Then off to do the post-match interviews with a favourite few lines about him being hard done by.

He's an amiable chancer getting very good money and doing the bare minimum.

UTV.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2021, 08:53:02 PM »
They'll come to frustrate and shithouse a result. So long as we don't do anything stupid like give them the first goal then it should be regulation.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2021, 11:11:30 PM »
Home win, Shelvey and Wilson sent off and a new world record for a cabbage being lobbed, landing nicely next to the dugout.

In short, ‘one of them nights’

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2021, 11:15:29 PM »
FTHPNJWBRNLESFTTFBSDFTCF

Something about Scotland?

I've worked out 3 letters so far. The first and last F obviously, and the D for Dec.

Horse Punching, No Jumper Wearing, Blaydon Racing, No Longer Everybody's Second Favourite Team, Topless Fat Bloking, Sports Direct Financed, Toon Crier.

Newcastle are just us now from 2011-12 and 13-15. Incredibly boring team to watch for a neutral who's sole ambition is to just stay up under manager not one of their fanbase actually want so considering all the hype they had in the 90s (when they were a very exciting team) that must be more soul destroying than never winning anything.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2021, 11:19:46 PM »
3-1 Win.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2021, 12:14:27 AM »
We are much better than them, but there’s always a but. Could be like the Burnley game, so an early goal for us would be nice. s has been said McGunn will be a loss. Think smith will just straight swap Ramsey, although he’s tended to play Ramsey further forward so not necessarily a straight swap. Don’t get the drip Barcklay talk, he’s quality and need to get him match fit. We should win and hopefully it’s straight forwards, 3-0 (Watkins, Greakish, El Ghazi)

Online Skerra

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2021, 12:32:29 AM »
As witnessed tonight, no match is a foregone conclusion. So, I’m not going to say 3-0, 4-0 etc.
A 1 goal win will do for me, just to get us back into winning ways. Having said that, as long as no other dodgy VAR decisions go against us, player for player, we are much better than the Brown Ales. If we up the tempo on these, we should win. UTV

Offline sid1964

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2021, 06:57:03 AM »
We just need to win, get an early goal against them and it will be a comfortable victory - hopefully Watkins will score a goal 2-0

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2021, 07:36:39 AM »
8pm kick off against Newcastle?
8 pm ? On a Saturday night ?
Fucking hell, don’t think think people have got better things to do, places to go?

Oh, wait........

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2021, 07:39:18 AM »
FTFSCENBASF!

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2021, 07:39:31 AM »
8pm kick off against Newcastle?
8 pm ? On a Saturday night ?
Fucking hell, don’t think think people have got better things to do, places to go?

Oh, wait........

You ever been to Newcastle?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal