collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jon Moss  (Read 14420 times)

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
Re: Jon Moss
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2021, 05:52:23 PM »
It’s just hard to fathom how three officials on the pitch, the fourth official and the VAR people could have looked at it and not come to same conclusion as our players, manager, their manager, the pundits with the ref in the studio and all who watched it. Didn’t one of them say to the other, that’s offside?

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2021, 01:21:49 AM »
For serial cheats like Moss, what happened against Citeh was just another day at the office.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2021, 01:35:19 AM »
Have we received an apology yet?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2021, 03:08:15 PM »
Moss' decision against us was clearly wrong.  We all knew it from the start.  The explanations that followed and the not checking our goal against Newcastle all seemed to be a ridiculous charade to defend him at all costs.  It was embarrassing to be frank.

But why are people calling him a cheat?  Do people honestly think he would want to put his reputation and career on the line because of some perceived dislike of our club? 

It's more like he felt he knew the rules and just wanted to show everybody he knew best - pure arrogance.  The PGMOL's defence of him played right into his hands and of course it's only because they realised the confusion that they were creating was going to cause chaos that they've now  backtracked.  It could have all been avoided with some common sense on the night either by Moss himself, the fourth official, the VAR official or PGMOL after the event.  This defending of refs at all costs has to stop.

But with that said, I believe Moss is arrogant and arguably incompetent.  But a cheat?  I don't think so.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2021, 03:33:59 PM »
Moss' decision against us was clearly wrong.  We all knew it from the start.  The explanations that followed and the not checking our goal against Newcastle all seemed to be a ridiculous charade to defend him at all costs.  It was embarrassing to be frank.

But why are people calling him a cheat?  Do people honestly think he would want to put his reputation and career on the line because of some perceived dislike of our club? 

It's more like he felt he knew the rules and just wanted to show everybody he knew best - pure arrogance.  The PGMOL's defence of him played right into his hands and of course it's only because they realised the confusion that they were creating was going to cause chaos that they've now  backtracked.  It could have all been avoided with some common sense on the night either by Moss himself, the fourth official, the VAR official or PGMOL after the event.  This defending of refs at all costs has to stop.

But with that said, I believe Moss is arrogant and arguably incompetent.  But a cheat?  I don't think so.

It's not cheating, it's institutional bias. To change it, they would first need to acknowledge it, which they won't, and then they'd need to look at changing their whole approach, which they won't.

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2021, 06:33:33 PM »
I'm calling him a cheat because it's far from the first time he's fucked us with blatantly dodgy decisions.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2021, 06:56:57 PM »
It is cheating if a wrong decision is made knowingly.  Whether the motivation is malicious or negligent, premeditated or spontaneous it is still cheating.  If you steal a loaf of bread to feed a starving child or to feed the pigeons, it is still the theft of a loaf of bread.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2021, 09:35:50 PM »
He isn’t a cheat but PGMOL open him up for those accusations when rather than admit an obvious error they invent a smokescreen pretending it wasn’t an error.

Hopeless referee 100%, cheat not in the slightest

Anyway, thoughts are with him tonight as believe he is VAR for Spurs v Liverpool and they’ve interrupted his Deliveroos with 2/3 VAR checks

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2021, 07:01:12 PM »
When you dread to find out who the ref is, and he then proceeds to confirm your feelings in virtually every game he officiates, I know what I call it...

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2021, 07:23:55 PM »
Kevin Friend is just as useless/bent.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2021, 12:30:41 AM »
I agree.

There a number of poor refs in the prem -and elsewhere!- but those two stand out for the wrong reasons, and have done on too many occasions.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2021, 12:39:53 AM »
Moss is an arrogant wanker who knows that he’s untouchable, so has carte blanche to operate to his own agenda, which is basically to be the star of the show. He won’t change, so all we can do is look forward to the day he retires, although knowing our luck he’ll probably supersede Mike Riley.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal