collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 06:32:28 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:32:23 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Paul.S
[Today at 06:29:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Leeds United Pre match thread - Oct 23rd - 8pm  (Read 18636 times)

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
Re: Aston Villa vs Leeds United Pre match thread - Oct 23rd - 8pm
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2020, 04:04:11 PM »
Hate is too strong for me, but I have disliked Leeds Utd FC intensly since the Don Revie days. Now they're back. They flatter to deceive and always have done. They're dirty, cynical and proud to be so. They wouldn't have it any other way. "We are Leeds, WE ARE LEEDS" yeah, yeah so what!

I'm going 4-0 because I want to keep a clean sheet. It'll be niggly but I think they'll be more worried about us and what we might be capable of.

Utv!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2020, 04:52:35 PM »
This is one of those games. We're in form, against a promoted side. We should win and therefore....

Your doubt is just your faith in disapointment.

6-1 Villa.

Thanks Confucious.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2020, 07:11:03 PM »
I wish Gabby would keep it shut, slagging any opponent off in the build up to a game is fucking stupid.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2020, 07:28:51 PM »
I really dislike Leeds and their scummy fans, so really hope we win this one. It goes back to the LC final when a load of them (10 or so older heads tried to start trouble with 4 of us fairly young lads at a bus stop near the ground. Nothing too bad happened, but I’ve always hated them since that day. They’re on a par with Man U, blues and Coventry for me. So come on Villa FTF!

I get and share Man U and Blues but who are Coventry? Never heard of 'em.
yeah I know, but I’m from Nuneaton. There’s quite a few Cov supporting wankers in that town. And if you’ve ever been unlucky enough to have a night out in Coventry, you’d understand. We used to mainly avoid it, preferring Leicester- lot more chilled out - and Brum as we got a bit older and in to the clubbing. There’s a Cov fan I know in Brisbane who I used to get along with and have a few beers with. He showed his true colours though and I don’t see him now. His mrs is a dog head - lovely lady. They used to be pretty good value, but the anti- Villa nonsense was never far from the surface with Steve. Didn’t help we’re both fairly passive aggressive. Quite a prominent trait in that part of the Midlands unfortunately.

I was born in Brum but my parents moved to Coventry when I was quite young, we went down in 1967 as they arrived in the top flight for the first time, until 1975 when we finally made it back I never felt any animosity towards Villa from Cov City fans but that changed when we embarked on a very long unbeaten run against them, the hatred grew year on year, as a brummie living there and drinking in their pubs you could really feel it and it’s still there today, I expect they were very upset with our last day escape, I wish nothing but the worst for them, vile horrible club.
Ps I left Coventry in 1988 and a few years later returned to Brum 😀

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2020, 09:36:45 PM »
They should be nicknamed blues-lite rather than sky blues

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2020, 09:57:19 PM »
I'm pretty confident. Wolves showed the way to do it on Monday with getting control of game from half time and Leeds really didn't offer much when 1 down.

Phillips out is a big blow as they have other CBs out and not much cover so going to have to rejig their backline around as seems a CB will fill in his role.

Think we'll win this and go top and then the danger game is Southampton who we really struggled to counter their manic press home and away last season.

Don't gift away cheap goals which we haven't done so far and I think it will be pretty comfortable.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2020, 10:19:23 PM »
They should be nicknamed blues-lite rather than sky blues

Sky Lose.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2020, 11:32:57 PM »
As a fanbase they do come across as very self-important considering their relatively modest impact on the game. I think it might be due to being the only club in a one-club city. There aren't fans of other clubs on their doorstep to help knock the corners off theirs. I think it might also be due to them overcompensating for the tainted nature of their most successful period.

Having just checked, they only joined the league in 1921, and have spent 50 seasons in the top flight (54%), 39 in the second (42%), and 3 in the third (4%). They were obviously consistently successful over a 10-year period between the mid-60s and mid-70s, which neatly coincides with our worst period - perhaps why there hasn't ever been a particular rivalry.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2020, 11:36:23 PM »
I'm very grateful to Derby for beating them in the playoff semi-final. I think they had our number that year.

Offline dave17

« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2020, 04:32:31 AM »
I'm very grateful to Derby for beating them in the playoff semi-final. I think they had our number that year.
Old man and I talked about taht today. Was helpful derby came to wembley with 0 plan and belief. If only mason mo....

Offline steamer

« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2020, 07:55:41 AM »
I really dislike Leeds and their scummy fans, so really hope we win this one. It goes back to the LC final when a load of them (10 or so older heads tried to start trouble with 4 of us fairly young lads at a bus stop near the ground. Nothing too bad happened, but I’ve always hated them since that day. They’re on a par with Man U, blues and Coventry for me. So come on Villa FTF!

I get and share Man U and Blues but who are Coventry? Never heard of 'em.
yeah I know, but I’m from Nuneaton. There’s quite a few Cov supporting wankers in that town. And if you’ve ever been unlucky enough to have a night out in Coventry, you’d understand. We used to mainly avoid it, preferring Leicester- lot more chilled out - and Brum as we got a bit older and in to the clubbing. There’s a Cov fan I know in Brisbane who I used to get along with and have a few beers with. He showed his true colours though and I don’t see him now. His mrs is a dog head - lovely lady. They used to be pretty good value, but the anti- Villa nonsense was never far from the surface with Steve. Didn’t help we’re both fairly passive aggressive. Quite a prominent trait in that part of the Midlands unfortunately.

I was born in Brum but my parents moved to Coventry when I was quite young, we went down in 1967 as they arrived in the top flight for the first time, until 1975 when we finally made it back I never felt any animosity towards Villa from Cov City fans but that changed when we embarked on a very long unbeaten run against them, the hatred grew year on year, as a brummie living there and drinking in their pubs you could really feel it and it’s still there today, I expect they were very upset with our last day escape, I wish nothing but the worst for them, vile horrible club.
Ps I left Coventry in 1988 and a few years later returned to Brum 😀
what school did you go to Steve
Iwas there at the same time as you

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2020, 08:19:19 AM »
It’s their fans attitude that somehow after 16 years missing they;re suddenly relevant, most young fans of premier league clubs don’t even know who they are. Fuck em

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2020, 08:45:19 AM »
It’s their fans attitude that somehow after 16 years missing they;re suddenly relevant, most young fans of premier league clubs don’t even know who they are. Fuck em

I do think my favourite stat regarding world events that happened in their last generational absence is that the mighty, mighty Norwich managed to get promoted and then relegated again four times.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2020, 11:27:06 AM »
Old man and I talked about taht today. Was helpful derby came to wembley with 0 plan and belief. If only mason mo....

I think we were massively helped by Lampards tactics on the day too...anyway we won!

Would the Leeds fanbase be regarded as one of the scumiest in Britain?

On the field, its going to be a fairly physical encounter on Friday night I expect...I think we should have too much for them once our lads keep their heads

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2020, 11:32:42 AM »
Having just checked, they only joined the league in 1921, and have spent 50 seasons in the top flight (54%), 39 in the second (42%), and 3 in the third (4%). They were obviously consistently successful over a 10-year period between the mid-60s and mid-70s, which neatly coincides with our worst period - perhaps why there hasn't ever been a particular rivalry.

Leeds have been playing at Elland Road since 1905 but did a Rangers, went out of business (Leeds City) in 1919 and only reformed in 1921 (Leeds United). In my books they've spent more seasons in the 2nd Division than the top flight. 'Back where we belong' they claim; let's hope so come May.

I wish I was as confident as most on here, I've got us down for a draw but now think we'll lose 1-2. They're not half as bad as some would pretend them to be. I pray I've got this one wrong.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal