collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leicester City 0-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 23605 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Leicester City 0-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2020, 07:34:10 AM »
Murphy is the most lugubrious pundit wanker ever.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2020, 07:40:58 AM »
I listened to 606 podcast tonight. Why was every Villa fan who called in a fucking moron? One agrees that Jack dives and should stay on his feet more. Another said he reckons we will win the Europa League by 2028. That's right 2028. Another was giddy to be on the show. These were actual fans. Not numpties on a wind up. Can we not have some fans call in that simply and intelligently speak to the improvements in our club over the past couple of seasons, talk rationally about last season and how the team has really come together this season. That as fans we are not getting carried away. It's so annoying. And then you've got bell ends like Robbie Savage and even Chris Sutton patronizing the shit out of any conversation related to us. Fuck off the pair of them.

Anyway rant over.

The programme gets the callers that reflect it's level.

Just don't bother.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2020, 07:42:48 AM »
I listened to 606 podcast tonight. Why was every Villa fan who called in a fucking moron? One agrees that Jack dives and should stay on his feet more. Another said he reckons we will win the Europa League by 2028. That's right 2028. Another was giddy to be on the show. These were actual fans. Not numpties on a wind up. Can we not have some fans call in that simply and intelligently speak to the improvements in our club over the past couple of seasons, talk rationally about last season and how the team has really come together this season. That as fans we are not getting carried away. It's so annoying. And then you've got bell ends like Robbie Savage and even Chris Sutton patronizing the shit out of any conversation related to us. Fuck off the pair of them.

Anyway rant over.

It's funny you should say that, TV. My dad wrote to me this morning congratulating me on the win (I know he's a Leicester fan, but he does love the Villa, too), but mentioning the weird Villa fans ringing up 606. He wondered if it was me on a wind up, the cheeky git.

As for Sutton and Savage-both ******, both massively self important, both should be nowhere near any form of media. Fuck the pair of em. It must piss them off how well we're doing, and long may it continue.

Don’t forget Danny Murphy. Not a happy man at all. “Leicester had a lot of players out, and it showed”.

Cheers Danny, thanks for your input again.

Yes, what a prick he is, too.

When I look at Murphy and his miserable frowning face, I think 'wow, he makes me look like the ultimate ray of light'.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2020, 07:45:13 AM »
I can’t do football phone ins anymore. Generally the presenters just act to provoke the audience and then the callers for the most part don’t appear to understand or have any knowledge of the game.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2020, 07:47:23 AM »
I don't think any of the pundits or presenters have been unfair to us.

I think the aggregated Athletic journalists' table had us second bottom. Lol...
We will never be media darlings that's for sure. Leeds seem to be though for some strange reason. Murphy gave us a little bit of credit but he still put a couple of digs in. He can't help himself. His first words were about how many players they had out then he said "Villa set out to spoil the game" Nonsense. We had a game plan in what was a bit of a technical war of attrition we also were the dominant team in the second half and played some lovely flowing football. Set out to spoil the game Danny? Bollocks. How do people like him get the gig on motd? He clearly doesn't understand the game of football or he has clubs he just doesn't like.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2020, 07:59:31 AM »
Had the distinct impression they hadn't actually watched the game.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #201 on: October 19, 2020, 08:07:02 AM »

Anyway rant over.

The programme gets the callers that reflect it's level.

Just don't bother.

Yep it is the equivalent of the loud mouth know it all propping up the corner of a pub , you avoid .  They have the same callers who think they are co presenters and their opinion is more important than anybody else

Offline caster troy

« Reply #202 on: October 19, 2020, 08:18:47 AM »
Also,Ross was 50/50 ,so fair fucking play to him.Oh,you wouldn't hear that from the motd experts.
And well done to Ricky Shamji.

I went to school with Ricky, he was a brilliant lad. Loved football. He wasn't a villa fan but joined me in the Holte End a few times. I have to pinch myself when I see him on our bench. I remember helping to convince him to do medicine, so I'm claiming an assist for the goal last night :)

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2020, 08:34:26 AM »
I thought it was a good game too, both sides went toe to toe and the ko punch was delvered by Ross Barkley....it could of easily been delivered by Leicester...

UTV
The Doc

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2020, 08:36:54 AM »
Yep, it was a decent game between two well-matched sides.  Bearing in mind we shipped 8 goals in the league against them last season over the two games, we obviously set out to keep it tight from the off.

I agree and add to that us scoring 7 in our last game persuading Rodgers to do something similar. It shows the improvement we have made when sides with top 4 aspirations approach a game that way.

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2020, 08:50:55 AM »
One for the stattos out there - if that's the first time in 90 years that we've won our opening 4, when did we last win 5? And what is our record amount of consecutive wins at the start of a season?

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2020, 09:02:47 AM »
I actually think the ref was good. Considering it was a niggly game he did well to avoid a silly second yellow and he let a lot go that he could have blown up for, especially in the second half where both sides were getting stuck in.
37 fouls and 7 yellows at 75 minutes suggests a ref who never got hold of the game from the start.
If he'd dealt with Castagne and Praet early, it would have been very different.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2020, 09:06:55 AM »
I actually think the ref was good. Considering it was a niggly game he did well to avoid a silly second yellow and he let a lot go that he could have blown up for, especially in the second half where both sides were getting stuck in.
37 fouls and 7 yellows at 75 minutes suggests a ref who never got hold of the game from the start.
If he'd dealt with Castagne and Praet early, it would have been very different.
That’s how I saw it, can not understand how those 2 were not booked in the first half.

Online Baldy

« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2020, 09:12:27 AM »
A thoroughly professional performance and well deserved win. For the first time in donkeys years we have belief, focus, discipline, tonnes of quality and a game plan. Must give you great confidence sitting in the changing room before the match looking at the quality of the other players around you and the coaching staff.

I thought our bench also looked very solid with every player on it is capable of doing a job when and if required. Not fantastic, but still very capable and the best bench we have had for ages.

Keep it up lads. Fantastic.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal