collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:57 AM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:04:54 AM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:47 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:05:56 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:57 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:04:54 AM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:26:18 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:10:15 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by tomd2103
[Today at 12:44:09 AM]

Re: Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leicester City 0-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 23601 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Leicester City 0-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2020, 11:49:49 PM »
Also,Ross was 50/50 ,so fair fucking play to him.Oh,you wouldn't hear that from the motd experts.
And well done to Ricky Shamji.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2020, 11:51:03 PM »
I don't think any of the pundits or presenters have been unfair to us.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2020, 11:52:55 PM »
Special mention to Dougie Luiz who must have been suffering with jetlag but you'd never have known. Like the others, he put in a real shift.
Very good point RCF as I, along with many others I think, had forgotten about that.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2020, 11:54:00 PM »
Only saw the MOTD highlights.Liverpool ,and previously Man U,have been getting late winners and then are praised for their skill,endeavour and professionalism.It's Villa..oh.
Same with the great headers package....Duncan Ferguson,Ibra,Carroll,,Morata ,Shearer,Les Ferdinand...pity they'd never seen Gray,Withe or Benteke.
Yes,Chapman is going down the 'bantz',light entertainment route.He used to be excellent.Tim Lovejoy does some Sunday ' cookery' programme...the most odious person on tv.

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2020, 11:59:21 PM »
I don't think any of the pundits or presenters have been unfair to us.

I think the aggregated Athletic journalists' table had us second bottom. Lol...

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2020, 12:01:53 AM »
We’re going to have games where we might not deserve to win, or we grind out a close game for a point, even three. Last year we lost almost all of those. This year we’re finding ways to win. That’s a massive, massive improvement.

Going to be key going forward through the season as well.  We now have some real quality in the final third who are a threat at any time in the game, so if we can continue to be solid at the back, we could see quite a few results like tonight.

Offline Scovilla

« Reply #186 on: October 19, 2020, 12:29:39 AM »
As was said before; what is reassuring is that we wont be fighting for relagation. We will enjoy every game and maybe hope for great days. Wiinng the fa cup is not a dream, we can do it.
UTV.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #187 on: October 19, 2020, 12:38:13 AM »
Pinch me.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #188 on: October 19, 2020, 12:49:28 AM »
Only saw the second half and thought we were on balance the better side, but seemed a pretty tight match. The stars were fairly even for possession, chances and shots, but we just looked more likely to score.

We just look like a totally different prospect from last season. It’s difficult to single out any one player, the new lads have all hit the ground running.  Cash, Barkley and Watkins were great, Watkins struggled a bit against a pretty mean Leicester defence. But for me the stand out signing is Martínez. What a keeper, cracking save from the deflected shot off Mings and managed to cleanly hold on to a fierce free kick. He just looks extremely assured and distribution is excellent too.

The only limit I see for this side is if we get a few injuries and/ or suspensions to key players. But I suppose that is what the Jan window is for. Loving watching Villa at the minute

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #189 on: October 19, 2020, 01:32:07 AM »
Surprisingly entertaining arm wrestle, not great chances but still quite end to end, we've got good footballers right across the pitch now but adding Ross Barkley really has given us that extra dimension that we were missing.  I reckon our current midfield balance is as good as it's been for 25 years. 

Thought Watkins worked really hard for not much reward, Trez put in another Des Bremner like shift (I wouldn't have given you tuppence for him pre-lockdown), Cash was always looking to get us up the pitch and Martinez just looks safe as houses which is helping us look solid and organised at the back. Absolutely loving it.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 03:24:30 AM by OzVilla »

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #190 on: October 19, 2020, 03:13:39 AM »
Would have been very happy with a point here so over the moon to win late on.
I thought we deserved to win overall.
The most impressive thing to me was that they never looked like causing us any problems at the back.
A quality goalkeeper gives a defence so much confidence and Mings and Konsa look rock solid.
Good teams win a lot of games 1-0 away from home.

On 22/10/80 Villa beat Brighton 4-1 at VP to reach the first division summit for the first time that season and we know how that season turned out.
Forty years almost to the day the same thing could happen.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2020, 03:46:07 AM »
I listened to 606 podcast tonight. Why was every Villa fan who called in a fucking moron? One agrees that Jack dives and should stay on his feet more. Another said he reckons we will win the Europa League by 2028. That's right 2028. Another was giddy to be on the show. These were actual fans. Not numpties on a wind up. Can we not have some fans call in that simply and intelligently speak to the improvements in our club over the past couple of seasons, talk rationally about last season and how the team has really come together this season. That as fans we are not getting carried away. It's so annoying. And then you've got bell ends like Robbie Savage and even Chris Sutton patronizing the shit out of any conversation related to us. Fuck off the pair of them.

Anyway rant over.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2020, 04:31:42 AM »
I listened to 606 podcast tonight. Why was every Villa fan who called in a fucking moron? One agrees that Jack dives and should stay on his feet more. Another said he reckons we will win the Europa League by 2028. That's right 2028. Another was giddy to be on the show. These were actual fans. Not numpties on a wind up. Can we not have some fans call in that simply and intelligently speak to the improvements in our club over the past couple of seasons, talk rationally about last season and how the team has really come together this season. That as fans we are not getting carried away. It's so annoying. And then you've got bell ends like Robbie Savage and even Chris Sutton patronizing the shit out of any conversation related to us. Fuck off the pair of them.

Anyway rant over.

It's funny you should say that, TV. My dad wrote to me this morning congratulating me on the win (I know he's a Leicester fan, but he does love the Villa, too), but mentioning the weird Villa fans ringing up 606. He wondered if it was me on a wind up, the cheeky git.

As for Sutton and Savage-both ******, both massively self important, both should be nowhere near any form of media. Fuck the pair of em. It must piss them off how well we're doing, and long may it continue.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2020, 07:08:32 AM »

Anyway rant over.

It's funny you should say that, TV. My dad wrote to me this morning congratulating me on the win (I know he's a Leicester fan, but he does love the Villa, too), but mentioning the weird Villa fans ringing up 606. He wondered if it was me on a wind up, the cheeky git.

As for Sutton and Savage-both ******, both massively self important, both should be nowhere near any form of media. Fuck the pair of em. It must piss them off how well we're doing, and long may it continue.

Don’t forget Danny Murphy. Not a happy man at all. “Leicester had a lot of players out, and it showed”.

Cheers Danny, thanks for your input again.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2020, 07:17:02 AM »
Not getting carried away because we are only a couple of injuries away from getting different results.
What last night showed is how tough this league is and any weakness is likely to be exploited.
Our best 11 looks like it can give any one a game, after that I am not so sure.
Enjoying the ride and would love to see us go top against Dirty dirty Leeds..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal