collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Premier League reform proposals  (Read 34711 times)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: Premier League reform proposals
« Reply #285 on: October 14, 2020, 09:09:12 AM »
This European Super League line is trotted out too easily. Why would these six clubs want such a thing given that the PL as it is is the “product” that the world supposedly loves?

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #286 on: October 14, 2020, 09:20:32 AM »
Terrible idea regardless of who is proposing it, I'm bemused so many are obsessing over who goes in which group.

Getting rid of the League Cup and removing 50% of the realistic trophy options for many competitors, effectively erasing the significance of huge swathes of our history in the process, is wank.

Reducing the league to eighteen clubs is wank.

Allowing a Premier League club a back door to avoid relegation at the expense of a Championship club is wank.

Rigging the voting procedure to shaft clubs who aren't part of any perceived elite (regardless of whether Villa are included) is wank.

Allowing clubs the capacity to veto new ownership of a potential rival is wank.

Even the Community Shield, while hardly the most prestigious event of the year, is fairly benign and, presumably, raises some money for worthy causes. Scrapping it so that Man U can play an extra friendly in some dubious regime for millions is wank.

Using a global pandemic as a means to threaten and cajole clubs to get your own way is wank.

Attach the whole proposal to a rocket with that massive wanker Parry strapped on and fire it into the fucking sun.

Wankers.
This is what I've been trying to post for ages but haven't found the words. Turns out the right wording was in the palm of my hand all along.

Online kippaxvilla2

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #288 on: October 14, 2020, 09:30:58 AM »
They should increase the size of the Premier League, that would be better.

They should reduce the Champions League, that would be better.

They should increase the number of teams relegated and promoted to 4. That would be better.

They should make the League Cup and FA Cup winners play off for a Champions League place. (or have a Cup Winners Cup) That would better.

All the clubs should put a percentage of their income into a pot that is then shared out across the football league structure. That would be better.

They should reduce the number of loans out a club can do.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #290 on: October 14, 2020, 09:43:16 AM »
They should increase the size of the Premier League, that would be better.

They should reduce the Champions League, that would be better.

They should increase the number of teams relegated and promoted to 4. That would be better.

They should make the League Cup and FA Cup winners play off for a Champions League place. (or have a Cup Winners Cup) That would better.

All the clubs should put a percentage of their income into a pot that is then shared out across the football league structure. That would be better.

They should reduce the number of loans out a club can do.
BRAVO!
They should also stop investments from foreign owners who have dirty money such as  wealth created from slave labour and stolen state money that belongs to people of that land.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #291 on: October 14, 2020, 09:45:43 AM »
Glad we seem to be against the proposal. Although I would rather we vehemently opposed the ideas themselves rather than just the means by which they had been suggested.

Still, so far, the list below is accurate as far as I can see...

GOOD GUYS

Aston Villa
West Ham United

WANKSOCKS

Leyton Orient
Liverpool
Manchester United

Please can people advise on announcements by clubs so I can add them to the relevant list.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #292 on: October 14, 2020, 09:53:43 AM »
Our CEO has spoken.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12103739/purslow-critical-of-parry-approach

sorry but I'm at work so cannot play the video at this time.

So what was the jist of Purslow's response ?

they are cnuts and can fcuk right off ??

UTV
The Doc

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #293 on: October 14, 2020, 09:56:03 AM »
Our CEO has spoken.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12103739/purslow-critical-of-parry-approach

sorry but I'm at work so cannot play the video at this time.

So what was the jist of Purslow's response ?

they are cnuts and can fcuk right off ??

UTV
The Doc

word for word ! :)

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #294 on: October 14, 2020, 09:57:32 AM »
Glad we seem to be against the proposal. Although I would rather we vehemently opposed the ideas themselves rather than just the means by which they had been suggested.

Still, so far, the list below is accurate as far as I can see...

GOOD GUYS

Aston Villa
West Ham United

WANKSOCKS

Leyton Orient
Liverpool
Manchester United

Please can people advise on announcements by clubs so I can add them to the relevant list.

I know its probably stating the obvious but the FSA added to the good guys list? along with just about every individual club Supporters Trust from around the leagues.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #295 on: October 14, 2020, 10:14:51 AM »
Can do but I was thinking more in terms of potential votes, who can wee see that is likely to vote for and against the proposals. Trusts will likely not be getting a say.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #296 on: October 14, 2020, 10:17:28 AM »
Purslow being reported on BBC now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54535326

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #297 on: October 14, 2020, 10:28:58 AM »
I think Parry's position at the EFL will be untenable if they don't get a deal with the PL. He tried to divide and conquer using his contacts with the US owners and it appears to be backfiring in spectacular manner. I'm not sure the Sky 6 will be enamoured with how this has gone either. Oh to be a fly on the wall of the PL meeting today.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #298 on: October 14, 2020, 11:23:13 AM »
Parry citing that EFL owners are happy is totally disingenuous. Yes  they want this desperately they want anything desperately to protect their clubs. Forcing through  fundamental decision in a crisis is the act of utter selfishness and total greed. Parry, Joel Glazier and the Fenway group absolute scum.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #299 on: October 14, 2020, 11:24:20 AM »
This European Super League line is trotted out too easily. Why would these six clubs want such a thing given that the PL as it is is the “product” that the world supposedly loves?

Journo on Talk Sport last night was saying that he thinks that a European Super League is not the 'nuclear' option should enough top flight clubs vote against the proposal.  He said he thinks those pushing the agenda could threaten a breakaway league including some of the Championship clubs.

As an aside, I follow Welsh rugby and these kind of situations happen every few years between the professional clubs and the Union.  There is talk of breakaway leagues and clubs joining other set ups, but nothing ever really comes of it, just a bit more money shared about.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal