collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Premier League reform proposals  (Read 34299 times)

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
Re: Premier League reform proposals
« Reply #450 on: October 21, 2020, 12:14:23 PM »
If this league is set up against the wishes of the FA, could any player participating be banned from playing for England?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #451 on: October 21, 2020, 01:08:16 PM »
If this league is set up against the wishes of the FA, could any player participating be banned from playing for England?
If things get out of hand then all sorts of things could happen. The big battle will be UEFA and FIFA.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #452 on: October 21, 2020, 01:21:48 PM »
I could see UEFA banning players from it from the euros if that relationship breaks down but I don't think England would do it otherwise.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #453 on: October 21, 2020, 01:33:57 PM »
What consequences? It's being backed by FIFA. They have the law on their side, not against them.

So the European league is supposedly backed by the World Football Authority but not the Regions Authority. I do wonder if FIFA are involved to reduce UEFA's Power as well.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #454 on: October 21, 2020, 02:15:27 PM »
What consequences? It's being backed by FIFA. They have the law on their side, not against them.

So the European league is supposedly backed by the World Football Authority but not the Regions Authority. I do wonder if FIFA are involved to reduce UEFA's Power as well.

I doubt FIFA is actually involved. Maybe some individual there but not the organization - an open civil war with UEFA makes little sense.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #455 on: October 21, 2020, 02:54:59 PM »

I doubt FIFA is actually involved. Maybe some individual there but not the organization - an open civil war with UEFA makes little sense.

Until FIFA come out and make their interest in this idea known I will reserve the right to say it‘s nonsense unless brown envelopes are being spread here there and everywhere In FIFA HQ.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #456 on: October 21, 2020, 03:15:58 PM »
I’m baffled as to why any club would want to leave a league with more popularity than any other league in the world. Do they really think that this will sweep up all of football? I really cannot see this happening. It does though have the potential for Southgate to have another excuse not to include Jack. It’s like Football Brexit.

That’s over-stating the stupidity of it a bit, but you know what happened with Brexit?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #457 on: October 21, 2020, 04:04:16 PM »

Offline manic-road

« Reply #458 on: October 22, 2020, 06:33:32 PM »
Well if Real Madrid were to go into a European league it would stop the likes of Shakhtar Donetsk going there and beating them at home. How dare these smaller clubs competing with the so called giants of the game.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #459 on: October 23, 2020, 01:07:50 AM »
But, surely, if lots of players at top clubs are banned from playing for England, there's a serious chance that Grealish might get picked!

Presumably, the level of opponent will have to be right, though.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #460 on: October 23, 2020, 07:22:30 AM »
Americanised Premier League. Probably be six 15 minute sessions, adverts galore, sponsors names on goal posts etc.

No thanks  >:(

https://youtu.be/uQ82aMQONvc

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #461 on: October 23, 2020, 07:24:12 AM »
I could see UEFA banning players from it from the euros if that relationship breaks down but I don't think England would do it otherwise.

And Jack still wouldn’t get a start.

Online Baldy

« Reply #462 on: October 23, 2020, 09:58:08 AM »
Americanised Premier League. Probably be six 15 minute sessions, adverts galore, sponsors names on goal posts etc.

No thanks  >:(

https://youtu.be/uQ82aMQONvc

Thanks Mr Kippavvilla2, you hit the nail right on the head.

Offline garyellis

« Reply #463 on: December 01, 2020, 01:50:55 PM »

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #464 on: December 01, 2020, 04:24:53 PM »
What the "Big 6" are scared of is that teams like Villa (and Newcastle if their buy out goes through) are coming along and may well push one of them out of the cabal.  They are trying to protect their own position before this can happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal