collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Have we got our club back now?  (Read 3633 times)

Offline robbo1874

Have we got our club back now?
« on: September 21, 2020, 03:56:54 AM »
Seems to me like there’s a proper buzz around the club now. Living 20 odd thousand km away, I can’t go to games, so am in a similar position to everybody else for once.

Lots of positive stuff coming out of the club now recently and it feels like things are going forward again on and off the pitch. Hopefully fans will be allowed back soon and I think there’ll be a really good vibe round B6.

I’ve been listening to quite a few podcasts not just the Villa ones, but others including some West Ham ones (I posted one on other football recently). They seem in a dark place now- probably go down I think this season. We’ve been through all that and seem to be seeing the upside now.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Have we got our club back now?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 05:17:09 AM »
Not sure I know what that means. We never lost our club. It was just going through a rough patch and we were moments away from going back down. The owners have made good on everything they committed to upon arrival. The manager is being given a chance to prove himself again. But for us fans, we have never left. It’s always a part of us whether like you or I we live thousands of miles away or for other loyal supporters living minutes from the ground. The club will always be a part us irrespective of whether times are good, bad or indifferent. Nobody can take that from us.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 07:14:48 AM »
OK, so the last ten years didn’t happen and people weren’t singing We want our Villa back?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 08:13:49 AM »
OK, so the last ten years didn’t happen and people weren’t singing We want our Villa back?

Maybe you were. Like TV said, it was always here.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 08:23:00 AM »
I can remember that being sung, but not for a long time.  But lets not split hairs, I think Robbo is just saying the club feels positive again and on an upwards trajectory, which is fair enough.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 08:24:50 AM »
It’s funny because I was about to restart the fans worried about future thread.  Loads and loads of spending and wage hikes and an over inflated squad stuck with some high earners and paying the wages of a bloke that’s just left.  But it’s just too crass to do it. 

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 08:48:31 AM »
if this happened, the new owners Coming in was the point when we stopped fucking around.
Not every problem has been solved but the continuing search for improvement is plain to see.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 09:10:08 AM »
I can remember that being sung, but not for a long time.  But lets not split hairs, I think Robbo is just saying the club feels positive again and on an upwards trajectory, which is fair enough.
that’s right Chris I was. But fair enough I asked a question and a couple of people answered it.

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 09:35:59 AM »
I think it’s part of my natural Brummie / Villa fan inbuilt pessimism that I feel that due to us having several weeks of consistent good news (exciting signings, great pre season results, Jack’s new contract), something bad must surely be around the corner!

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 09:51:07 AM »
 Villa....can't live with them, can't live without them.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 10:01:59 AM »
I've heard that said at least twice in the last decade.  Once when MON left and even in that video Legion posted in the 'Claim to Fame' thread, about the Sherwood 'era', of all things.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2020, 10:19:41 AM »
I think it’s part of my natural Brummie / Villa fan inbuilt pessimism that I feel that due to us having several weeks of consistent good news (exciting signings, great pre season results, Jack’s new contract), something bad must surely be around the corner!

My other half is a pessimist (understandably since she's wound up with me) and it does my head in. You're no better off if, when the shit hits the fan, you thought it might in advance.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2020, 10:47:04 AM »
I would say we were rudderless to an extent from the day Randy gave up on us until our current owners took over. We actually got off lightly in the end regarding the Dr Tony reign. It could have set us back years or even finished us.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2020, 10:50:58 AM »
I would say we were rudderless to an extent from the day Randy gave up on us until our current owners took over. We actually got off lightly in the end regarding the Dr Tony reign. It could have set us back years or even finished us.

Yep absolutely , how on earth  we sold to that absolute chancer?? he did not have a pot !!

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 10:53:00 AM »

I'm loathe to curse it, but we may have decent owners for the first time since forever. Going back you've got Mr Shitty Shoes, Randy who just gave up, had money but couldn't tie his own shoelaces, Corner Shop Doug, the dodgy Bendalls, Doug again although slightly better on and then you're into revolutions and Town Halls, because the club had been run into the ground for decades.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal