collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burton 1-3 Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 7604 times)

Offline Duncan Shaw

Re: Burton 1-3 Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2020, 08:22:55 AM »
Sorry for your loss TOBB, condolences to you.  We lost our son-in-law last week and even though he was a Man U fan had plenty of chat when games were on, so I missed him last night too.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2020, 08:42:16 AM »
I thought Nakamba had a decent game, especially with Lansbury doing not a lot alongside him.

Ramsey didn’t look out of place and had a decent game.

Lansbury, AEG and Taylor were anonymous apart from 2 of them providing the assists.

Ollie and Jack played well, I’m glad they got their goals and also that Keinan got one too, will help the confidence no end.

Nakamba managed to get horrendously robbed in one first half incident which almost certainly would have been punished higher up the food chain.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2020, 08:44:31 AM »
I noticed in the post match analysis Darren Bent saying Lansbury had impressed him........

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2020, 08:55:08 AM »
I noticed in the post match analysis Darren Bent saying Lansbury had impressed him........
They're probably mates. Lansburys appearance last night was a shop window game for him. I don't think we will see much of him in a Villa shirt again but if he's here for a while they at least need to keep him match fit.The big problem would be his contract situation. No one will buy him and match his current contract. It is best for both parties if a loan deal can be sorted while his contract runs down.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2020, 09:08:35 AM »
Sorry for your loss TOBB.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2020, 09:42:29 AM »
Echoing the condolences TOBB.

Offline danno

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2020, 09:48:19 AM »

Maybe he had a very nice pair of boots on?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2020, 10:02:14 AM »
I thought Nakamba had a decent game, especially with Lansbury doing not a lot alongside him.

Ramsey didn’t look out of place and had a decent game.

Lansbury, AEG and Taylor were anonymous apart from 2 of them providing the assists.

Ollie and Jack played well, I’m glad they got their goals and also that Keinan got one too, will help the confidence no end.

Nakamba managed to get horrendously robbed in one first half incident which almost certainly would have been punished higher up the food chain.
How I saw
Nakamba got up to speed second half as first half he was ropey
His last twenty had plenty of energy so fitness wise no issue and he was winning the ball well as the game went on.

Conversely Ramsey started off the brightest and prominent of players in midfield but second half faded and did a reckless foul. Plenty of promises and didn't look out of place first half. Good on ball good runs

I thought Elmo was just great outside of his one ballooned cross he was forray forward and dependable with passes. Plenty of crosses and impressive energy
Davis took his goal showed hunger to get back onside then classy finish. Well played

What I didn't like so much :
El Ghazi on set pieces.

Then when lansbury takes an intelligent corner jack scores!

Disagree on Elmo. He was far too tight to the back post for their goal, terrible positioning. 3/4 other times he was either too tight in field or too far up the pitch and had to be covered by Nakamba and Hause. On top of that most of his crosses were overhit so even when he found his man I can't think of any that were good scoring chances.

I'd say the same for El Ghazi as well, between the 2 of them we had a huge amount of chances to get crosses in from our right and we never really took advantage.

From the left we never put anything like as many crosses in but we created 3-4 very good shooting positions from there, including the first goal and the one that hit the bar.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2020, 10:13:59 AM »
Disagree on Elmo. He was far too tight to the back post for their goal, terrible positioning. 3/4 other times he was either too tight in field or too far up the pitch and had to be covered... On top of that most of his crosses were overhit

Hutton lives!

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2020, 10:18:11 AM »
And played the intelligent corner for 2nd goal.

Whelan's was better.

Offline dorsetvillian

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2020, 10:19:59 AM »
Watkins showed great movement. Similar to Darren Bent in the six yard box, but much more involved in general build up play.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2020, 10:37:49 AM »
My scores on the doors for last night.

Nyland - 7 had pretty much naff all to do other than pick one out the net, still don’t think he’s great with his feet.
Elmo - 5 he was asleep for the first 20 minutes and was out of position several times throughout and a bit good/bad with his crossing, let’s be generous and say rusty.
Hause - 5 I don’t know whether it’s me but the ball seems like a ticking timebomb when he’s in possession. Some good play, some woeful distribution and a nuisance at set pieces.
Mings - 7 one abysmal mistake aside he was solid.
Taylor - 6 not as bad as some of us think but definitely a back up option to Targett.
Nakamba - 6 woeful first half, tentative and sloppy in possession but grew into the game and pressed and tackled well.
Ramsey - 7 impressive debut, good feet, got forward well and good in possession, tired second half but definite promise
Lansbury - 4 why just fucking why. Would have been 3 but for his assist late on.
El Ghazi - 3 absolutely useless as usual, ineffective, powder puff and poor crossing. He’s not good enough for where we want to go, get rid ASAP.
Watkins - 8 nice debut, one goal, hit the bar and his movement in the box is exceptional. Very impressed.
Grealish - 9 MOTM one word superb.

Jota - 6 he buzzed about and looked tidy on the ball
Davis - 7 scored and was a handful
Luiz - 6 not really on long enough but showed his ability with the ball

Overall I thought we looked a bit rusty and some of these players are not up to where we want to be. Still we won and I’d say only 3 or 4 of those players will start against Sheffield United.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2020, 11:25:56 AM »
Burton gave us a game and I think that will do us good moving into the start of the league season.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2020, 11:49:14 AM »
 I'm happy with the win and Ollie opening his account in the cup Jack was superb and what a goal so pleased Davis scored took his goal well.

Offline Dave P

« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2020, 12:12:20 PM »
I see some pundits are already calling the Villa v Sheffield United game next week 'The Hawkeye derby'.

Is that because the technology failed to see Billy Sharp kick the ball out of our keepers' hands in Feb 2019?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal