collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Teams we'll finish above next season  (Read 44407 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Teams we'll finish above next season
« Reply #315 on: November 06, 2021, 08:15:33 PM »
Blues, Baggies and Walsall. Only just.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #316 on: December 26, 2021, 10:54:01 PM »
Bump at (nearly) halfway point.

No longer worried about finishing bottom 3, as was looking a risk at the end of Deano's reign.

I know it is early days but we look more than capable of picking up points against most of the league under Gerrard. So I'm feeling reasonably confident we can finish at least 12th, above Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley, Watford, Leeds, Brentford, Saints, Palace.

I think our upper limit is 8th. Would be delighted with top half.

Online shirley_villan

« Reply #317 on: December 26, 2021, 11:02:42 PM »
I’d be disappointed if we finished bottom half from what we’ve seen since Gerard’s come in. 8th and possibly 7th is reachable with some fortune.

Online Dave P

« Reply #318 on: December 27, 2021, 07:25:01 AM »
Our 3 defeats under Gerrard have been against the top 3 and it’s fair to say we’ve there have been plenty of positives in those defeats. If we continue to beat the lower teams and teams around us as we have, then there is no reason we won’t finish top half. Top 8 will come if we beat the teams above us which is the next step.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #319 on: December 27, 2021, 12:29:42 PM »
We're 6th points off West ham. I expect Man U to get 4th and us to finish below Arsenal who are a long way ahead so anything below 5th is up for grabs. Certainly 8th or 9th on Mr Gerrard's showing so far is more than possible. Depends if the money/players are there to strengthen in January.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #320 on: January 14, 2022, 08:44:26 PM »
14th now but with the fast track quality signings made I think can raise a couple of places though it will be tough for consistency to be higher than 8th and that's if everything goes well.
I would be looking at finish of around 8-12
With 8-9th being most impressive.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #321 on: February 12, 2022, 03:47:20 PM »
SG talked of internal targets and teams we want to rein back in and finishing above after it was suggested had kinder fixtures so to speaking.
But he's not to mention which teams and points totals.
Didn't want to give headlines but when looking at the table and points as it is we have  Brighton Wolves in our sights but perhaps he was suggesting bigger named clubs.
I think this was said before Leeds match

Say we finish above of one of Man Utd Arsenal or Spurs then that would be deemed exceedingly good as we would have produced plenty of wins to rise Villas points total.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 03:49:23 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #322 on: February 20, 2022, 07:05:10 PM »
If we said we been matching Leicester for points this season at this stage we been pleased based on recent seasons. And what we had in mind at start of season to be challenging to get into the top 6 or 7 of course instead we are challenging for 11th place.
Somewhat of  a stand still

In an interview back in the summer Smith saw similarities between Villa and recent progress made by Leicester.

“Hopefully the Midlands is thriving again. Obviously Leicester are the ones we look up to at the moment and try to emulate – and hopefully pass.”

Feb 20 current top 7
Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man Utd
West Ham
Arsenal
Wolves

Wolves are showing with an inexperienced manager what can be achieved  6points of 4th place with 2 games in hand

« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 07:07:24 PM by Footy-Vill »

Online martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #323 on: February 20, 2022, 08:10:03 PM »
At least three hopefully.......

Online Meanwood Villa

« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2022, 11:17:16 PM »
Bump

14th it is, barring a miracle. My pre season, and mid season, prediction was 8-12 so it's fair to say this has been a disappointment.

I always thought regression was inevitable after losing he who shall not be named and I thought standing still points wise would be tough. Nonetheless a 10 point drop off is poor and we are miles off Europe. Ho hum.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #325 on: May 19, 2022, 11:34:12 PM »
Pretty rubbish league position and without very many fun matches. Man U away, that's about it. Minimum next year has to be challenging for Europe and beating the revolting Sky Six clubs more often. We couldn't even get a point against Wolves, FFS.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2022, 01:16:35 AM »
14th is terrible, winning six at home is even worse and unable to get a win again Palace and Burnley in the final fixtures at Villa Park is embarrassing.

The players we have are more than good enough for a top half finish

If the manager was a no name he'd be gone

Offline nordenvillain

« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2022, 02:17:05 AM »
14th is terrible, winning six at home is even worse and unable to get a win again Palace and Burnley in the final fixtures at Villa Park is embarrassing.

The players we have are more than good enough for a top half finish

If the manager was a no name he'd be gone

Rubbish and you know it.

Offline MplsVilla

• GM : 07.02.2024
« Reply #328 on: May 20, 2022, 01:42:53 PM »
After the Southampton loss we were projected to get 42 points and finish 14th, leading to Dean's sacking. It now looks like we will finish 3 points better off but no higher and no closer to the top half. I did think the Top 10 was achieavble, but it's hard not to feel like we have gone backwards this season.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2022, 01:55:02 PM »
After the Southampton loss we were projected to get 42 points and finish 14th, leading to Dean's sacking. It now looks like we will finish 3 points better off but no higher and no closer to the top half. I did think the Top 10 was achieavble, but it's hard not to feel like we have gone backwards this season.

Where did the 42 points and 14th come from? On his points per game this season we'd be relegated.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal