collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 02:28:48 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:25:34 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 02:21:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:20:52 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Women 2020-21  (Read 48120 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Aston Villa Women 2020-21
« Reply #195 on: January 17, 2021, 05:09:15 PM »
Not just at Villa, but they're massively trying to rush women's football, and give it the equivalence that it doesn't yet deserve.  You can't just establish teams more or less overnight and treat it like it's elite sport, as in this case it really isn't.

It's the top level of women's football. It's elite, well certainly at the end of it that Man City are in, anyway. Or would you say that Serena Williams and Shelly-Anne Fraser Price aren't elite because they probably wouldn't beat their male counterparts?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #196 on: January 17, 2021, 05:18:57 PM »
Not just at Villa, but they're massively trying to rush women's football, and give it the equivalence that it doesn't yet deserve.  You can't just establish teams more or less overnight and treat it like it's elite sport, as in this case it really isn't.

It's the top level of women's football. It's elite. Serena Williams and Shelly-Anne Fraser Price aren't elite because they probably wouldn't beat their male counterparts?

Completely disagree, and tI don't think the comparison to tennis isn't a valid one. Top women tennis players are every bit as skilful and "good at" as their male counterparts, they just in general, lack the physicality and therefore speed and power of the men. When you watch a tennis match between two of the top women, all you're not getting is the 150mph + serves for the most part, the rest of the game is every bit as good as the men.  I've seen a lot of women's football, and it's mostly like watching non league or youth football. They might be the top level, but it's really, really notcieably much worse in terms of standard of play than the men's game. I'm not for one second saying women shouldn't play football, or that it's not a worthwhile endeavour, I just think it's artifically given too much attention when the overall quality hasn't earned that right yet.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2021, 05:31:06 PM »
There are certain aspects of the Women's game that tells it apart.  Poor heading, goalkeepers seems to be like Nyland  good shot stoppers but unable to move from their line and the general physicality of defences.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #198 on: January 17, 2021, 06:14:39 PM »
You could say that about lower league football, too. I still enjoy it.

Not sure why certain people feel the need to keep posting here to tell us how much they don't like it. I don't post on the cycling or jazz threads.

We can virtually never have a chat about how Villa Women are getting on without one or two posters banging on about how bad women's football is. It's tedious as fuck. And Manchester City were excellent. If you don't think they were good you're looking for reasons to criticise the sport. By all means, criticise Villa's performance today because it was shite.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2021, 06:28:47 PM »
Not sure why certain people feel the need to keep posting here to tell us how much they don't like it. I don't post on the cycling or jazz threads.

We can virtually never have a chat about how Villa Women are getting on without one or two posters banging on about how bad women's football is. It's tedious as fuck.

Indeed, we wouldn't want to go off the topic of women's football on here so someone can repeat how dreadful they think something is. That would be tedious.

Woeful. Defending with all the intensity of an American police officer "trying" to stop a bunch of Nazis entering Congress.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2021, 06:45:37 PM »
Manchester City were good but  they were helped by the villa making it so easy I have watched us in 5 or 6 matches this season  and apart from the game against Coventry United we have been outclassed every time .The  seventh goal today summed us up ,the left back instead of knocking it out for a corner  played a stupid back pass to the keeper who made a total mess of it They do it every game ,the first match of the season also against  City was exactly the same two awful mistakes in the first few minutes and the game was as good as over

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2021, 07:07:04 PM »

We can virtually never have a chat about how Villa Women are getting on without one or two posters banging on about how bad women's football is. It's tedious as fuck.

Indeed, we wouldn't want to go off the topic of women's football on here so someone can repeat how dreadful they think something is. That would be tedious.

Woeful. Defending with all the intensity of an American police officer "trying" to stop a bunch of Nazis entering Congress.

Poor taste that considering one died trying to do it, one black officer heroically lead protestors after him on his own and away from a door where many Congressmen were hiding and all the footage clearly shows officers out numbered and having 7 bells knocked out of them.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2021, 07:18:13 PM »

Poor taste that considering one died trying to do it, one black officer heroically lead protestors after him on his own and away from a door where many Congressmen were hiding and all the footage clearly shows officers out numbered and having 7 bells knocked out of them.

LOL.

It's Mr Jizzinhispants at the merest mention of conflict here to tell us that the Far Right racist police who did fuck all to stop a Far Right racist protest, causing some of their colleagues to die, should be above mockery.

Still, if you want to take offence at an offhand remark, you might want to stop with your "Drink The Kool-Aid" references, Boris Boy.

Offline Risso

« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2021, 07:21:32 PM »
You could say that about lower league football, too. I still enjoy it.

We can virtually never have a chat about how Villa Women are getting on without one or two posters banging on about how bad women's football is. It's tedious as fuck. And Manchester City were excellent. If you don't think they were good you're looking for reasons to criticise the sport. By all means, criticise Villa's performance today because it was shite.

Ah yes, all the super keen, really dedicated fans of the Aston Villa women's team. There wasn't a single post the other day when they played, and most days when they do play, there's one or two if you're lucky.  There was a request for a separate topic for them, but so far the youth and reserves get loads more comments, which shows you the almost complete lack of interest.  And whether you like it or not, it's because the football is crap.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #204 on: January 17, 2021, 07:25:35 PM »
You moaned earlier that the thread shouldn't be stickied because it would have brought you such hardship to have to scroll past it every day, then insist on bumping the thread with basically the same post over and over again. As for your comment that nobody mentioned the game the other day, maybe more people would have been reminded that a match was going on if the thread was stickied. 🙂

Still, there you go again with another lengthy rant about something you're not interested in.

Offline Risso

« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2021, 07:41:34 PM »
You moaned earlier that the thread shouldn't be stickied because it would have brought you such hardship to have to scroll past it every day, then insist on bumping the thread with basically the same post over and over again. As for your comment that nobody mentioned the game the other day, maybe more people would have been reminded that a match was going on if the thread was stickied. 🙂

Still, there you go again with another lengthy rant about something you're not interested in.

Ah well, at least you having a go at me reminds you to post in the thread I guess. I'll send you a reminder next time they play so you can remind everybody else what a superfan you are.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2021, 07:44:22 PM »
It’s rubbish though.  I’ve no interest whatsoever.  What was the score?!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #207 on: January 17, 2021, 07:48:35 PM »

Ah well, at least you having a go at me reminds you to post in the thread I guess. I'll send you a reminder next time they play so you can remind everybody else what a superfan you are.

I have goal alerts to remind me but an extra reminder can't hurt, many thanks 🙂

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2021, 07:48:37 PM »
You moaned earlier that the thread shouldn't be stickied because it would have brought you such hardship to have to scroll past it every day, then insist on bumping the thread with basically the same post over and over again.

Just to interject in this fun little dance, the thread hasn't been stickied since last October.

Because we decided that anything that people wanted to discuss would naturally move to the top of the forum. And given it's current place, people clearly have a firm interest.

The system works.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #209 on: January 17, 2021, 07:50:32 PM »
What was the score?!

On second thoughts can we go back to arguing please? 😬

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal