collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next season arrangements  (Read 5855 times)

Offline RamboandBruno

Re: Next season arrangements
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2020, 12:20:06 PM »
I didn’t choose the season ticket refund option but to put what’s left over on me and my STs towards next seasons, season ticket, so will be interesting to see how they sort that out, if there’s to be reduced seating? I’ve been going down longer than the kids as well, if a longevity plan is put in place does that mean I get one and they dont?

None of it seems workable in a way that would be fair?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2020, 12:27:23 PM »
If we are allowed, say, 15,000 fans, that isn't far off half of our season ticket holders. Even though I'd benefit personally if they based it on longevity, I would rather they allowed all season ticket holders to attend roughly half the games than than have half of the season ticket holders get to attend all the games, if you see what I mean. That seems fairer.

Maybe sell the tickets in blocks of four matches and ask fans to rank in order of preference which ones they would most like to attend. If, as is quite likely, too many people have one particular game as first preference, have the tickets awarded randomly. For those that are unlucky and don't get their first preference, try to give them priority so they at least get their second preference.

You could also have it so you are linked with your family/friends on the database and apply for tickets together like you do for away games. So either you all get a ticket, or none of you do. Preventing the scenario you set out above. They will have to have something in place like this anyway because, obviously, young children can't be going to the game on their own.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2020, 12:37:07 PM »
Where do they propose people go for a piss?

How about in the opposition dugout

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2020, 12:37:20 PM »
Reward loyalty and suffering. Longevity counts.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2020, 12:42:39 PM »
You'd just be punishing children for not being born early enough, it isn't good to alienate the next generation. There is no entirely fair way to do it, but having all fans able to attend some games seems a lot fairer than allowing some fans to attend them all while others attend none.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2020, 12:43:42 PM »
Will they be banning singing and chanting? Choirs can't meet currently.

Mandatory masks?

Offline Ads

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2020, 12:45:33 PM »
Cant be many with nigh on 30 years continuous service home and away. You can accommodate those of us who fit that criteria and those that are younger or more infrequent in their support.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2020, 12:49:11 PM »
I suppose they could accommodate the two thousand or so that do all the aways. That still leaves plenty to be allocated on my preference system so that nobody is shut out entirely.

Offline Ads

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2020, 12:50:56 PM »
I think this will create an uptick in folks selling tickets on way above face value.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2020, 12:55:17 PM »
Maybe they will offer season tickets on the basis of how long you have held your ST, ie 15+ seasons 1st, then 10+ etc.

I hope they don’t shut the loos at half time, I will be in big trouble 😆

Problem with that is they risk losing fans who can’t get tickets on a permanent basis. As for the loos if they don’t sell drinks and the pubs around stay closed it might not be such an issue.
But that doesn't take into consideration people with health issues Chris - such as diabetics or people with urinary problems - the withdrawal of facilities may contravene the Equality Act and the provision of toilets for those with disabilities

Good point, personally I think the whole thing is fraught with danger but if they are determined to do it, and I can understand why they are, there is much more to consider than just blocking off seats.

From a personal perspective I’m not sure how appealing a game with reduced capacity, everyone in masks, no away fans and little of the social side would be. I just hope that when, eventually, things return to normal we are able to retain our current seats.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2020, 12:55:29 PM »
As I see it, they have a key issue to address, and that is to educate a proportion of fans that the sinks are for washing hands, not pissing in. It could be pivotal.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2020, 01:00:00 PM »
I think this will create an uptick in folks selling tickets on way above face value.

With only 14k at a game they'd probably be able to check some form of ID matches the name on the ticket.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 01:02:10 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2020, 01:00:23 PM »
Pretty sensible recommendations but let's be honest I wouldn't be bothered about what division we're in next season if majority of it is going to be played to reduced capacities, away fans banned etc. It takes lots out of what a full football season should be about, highs and lows of following the Villa around the country.

Finishing this season was always needs must so BCD is easier to adapt to.

It's interesting when you think of our our ground and how congested it gets in the upper tiers of the North, Trinity Witton and even Holte End when we sell out as has been the norm for last 12 months. I can see North Stand remaining closed as it would remain cramped even with just a third allowed to sit there in the concourses.

Big problem is how do the 15k all get to and in the ground. Seen talk turnstiles might open at 12pm for 3pm games next season but what would anyone do for two and a half hours if you're not allowed on the concourses? Perhaps Villa Ladies could play at half 12 which would be a great way of attracting wider interest now they're in the WSL.

Hitting winter will also be a problem. Get the feeling we'll be back to square one. Having 42k in VP seems years away.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 01:02:37 PM by SoccerHQ »

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2020, 01:13:21 PM »

Bring a bucket like Bielsa does to park his arse on.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2020, 01:14:58 PM »

Bring a bucket like Bielsa does to park his arse on.

When you need a piss you have to put your hand up like you did back in school and wait for a steward to let you go for one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal