collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:17:35 AM]

Champions League Contention by KevinGage
[Today at 01:17:28 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by tomd2103
[Today at 01:15:45 AM]

Ollie Watkins by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:14:04 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:08:54 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:56:47 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by adrenachrome
[Today at 12:48:40 AM]

Diego Carlos by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:48:25 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:17:35 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by KevinGage
[Today at 01:17:28 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:15:59 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by tomd2103
[Today at 01:15:45 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:14:04 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:12:04 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Keeno
[Today at 01:11:44 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Chris Harte
[Today at 01:09:17 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Everton 1-1 Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 16971 times)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Everton 1-1 Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2020, 08:26:34 PM »
Well that is a sickener.

Felt bar the first 15 minutes we dominated the game. Lack of quality out wide in Tezuguet and up front in Samatta stiffled us.

But the midfield 3 were excellent and Davis made a difference when he came on.

It was there on a plate for El Ghazi and you suspect its going to cost us and it did. Theo Walcott has never headed a ball so well and Konsa can't get contact. Ergh. Football makes you sick at times.

Have to beat Arsenal and hope West Ham win tomorrow. If those two things happen, then with a Man City score on Watford inbetween, its time for the defibrillator come a week Sunday.
Man City are on the beach. They were lucky to win against Bournemouth. It's by no means certain that they'll beat Watford. Troy Deeney is on a mission to relegate us. I'll stop now I'm winding myself up.

They've scored 12 in their last 3 games and conceded 1 playing no centre halves yesterday. That's some beach!

Watford might get a result. But they're more likely to get twatted 4 or 5.
Last night against Bournemouth some their players were wearing sun glasses and flip flops.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2020, 08:26:35 PM »
El Ghazy even feigned an injury after that shocking miss, not for the first time this season. Surprise surprise he's back up on his feet within a couple of minutes.

Shame for Konsa as he got us in front but he will feel he could have done better with the goal, Targett switched off as well.

Overall we retreated in the last ten, don't think we had the options on the bench to change it again in a different way.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2020, 08:26:49 PM »
3 points thrown away, once we score we sit back and once again get punished.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2020, 08:28:48 PM »
When your the biggest Bottle jobs in the Premier league you ain’t staying in it

Offline Loxton01

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2020, 08:28:53 PM »
Tonight is so tough to take as for a change we were the better team and we deserved the win it’s rare we said that this season

El ghazi had to score and he didn’t and that I’m afraid says a lot about him ..... he has the ability but doesn’t have the bottle or heart

Tonight we showed we do have some decent premier league quality players but only 6-7.

Trez was back to headless chicken and samatta is miles off it. Davis has to start against Arsenal.

Targett cannot defend.

We dropped too deep leading up to their goal and it was coming.

It’s the hope that kills you.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2020, 08:29:10 PM »
Well that is a sickener.

Felt bar the first 15 minutes we dominated the game. Lack of quality out wide in Tezuguet and up front in Samatta stiffled us.

But the midfield 3 were excellent and Davis made a difference when he came on.

It was there on a plate for El Ghazi and you suspect its going to cost us and it did. Theo Walcott has never headed a ball so well and Konsa can't get contact. Ergh. Football makes you sick at times.

Have to beat Arsenal and hope West Ham win tomorrow. If those two things happen, then with a Man City score on Watford inbetween, its time for the defibrillator come a week Sunday.
Man City are on the beach. They were lucky to win against Bournemouth. It's by no means certain that they'll beat Watford. Troy Deeney is on a mission to relegate us. I'll stop now I'm winding myself up.

They've scored 12 in their last 3 games and conceded 1 playing no centre halves yesterday. That's some beach!

Watford might get a result. But they're more likely to get twatted 4 or 5.
Last night against Bournemouth some their players were wearing sun glasses and flip flops.

And won.

By all means convince yourself of Watfors doing them. But Man City are the absolute last side I'd want in the run in.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2020, 08:29:37 PM »
I’m still hopeful for some reason.  We need a win for Watford tomorrow night.  Hear me out.  I can see Watford beating Citeh but I can’t see wet spam beating manure.  Meaning if we could get a win against the arse who knows.  Ok.  I’ll lie down again.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2020, 08:31:21 PM »
When was the last time we beat Arsenal at Villa Park? Parachute Santa?

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2020, 08:32:12 PM »
So it’s nil nil and we are holding our own. We score and Everton start playing ilke Brazil 1970. Go figure. We scored too early

Sums our season up

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2020, 08:32:17 PM »
You can go on all you like about smiths game management etc etc (I actually think the subs made a difference to the balance of the team). But the team sat too deep because they were scared of losing, you see it at every level of football every week. No game management in the world, can counter El Ghazi missing an open goal that if it goes in finishes the game. No game management in the world counters Konsas attempted clearance skimming off the side of his boot mid air rather than his laces.
A draw tomorrow now becomes the worst possible result for us, not sure but think I’d prefer a Watford win and West Ham to lose away at united. Of course it’s irrelevant if we get beat against Arsenal. Even a draw wouldn’t necessarily see us down. Although also need Southampton to do us a favour against Bournemouth.
Feel lower now than if we’d got hammered. The players needed to be lifted and lift themselves as it’s still not over

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2020, 08:32:21 PM »
Yep.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Offline myf

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2020, 08:34:36 PM »
so much hatred for El Ghazi. bad miss but where the fuck are our strikers for these chances?

Grealish missed a good chance against Manu last week but no one cares.

Got to stop making scapegoats. He is a big factor in us getting promoted last year and is still young with lots of potential

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2020, 08:34:59 PM »
When was the last time we beat Arsenal at Villa Park? Parachute Santa?
Yep.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2020, 08:35:16 PM »
You can go on all you like about smiths game management etc etc (I actually think the subs made a difference to the balance of the team). But the team sat too deep because they were scared of losing, you see it at every level of football every week. No game management in the world, can counter El Ghazi missing an open goal that if it goes in finishes the game. No game management in the world counters Konsas attempted clearance skimming off the side of his boot mid air rather than his laces.
A draw tomorrow now becomes the worst possible result for us, not sure but think I’d prefer a Watford win and West Ham to lose away at united. Of course it’s irrelevant if we get beat against Arsenal. Even a draw wouldn’t necessarily see us down. Although also need Southampton to do us a favour against Bournemouth.
Feel lower now than if we’d got hammered. The players needed to be lifted and lift themselves as it’s still not over

I'm with you 100% on your analysis of what went wrong. And by tomorrow morning I'll be agreeing with the optimism!

For now though, we're gone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal