collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864651 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #8595 on: October 02, 2020, 12:20:23 AM »
Well we're only playing a game a week now til Christmas (less actually with two more International breaks). I can't see us bringing in another two or three in this window. We need to ship some out (as tonight made clear) and the Jan window is only 3 months away.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #8596 on: October 02, 2020, 12:37:43 AM »
Hause getting a knock tonight if it’s a few weeks out could perversely turn out to be the only positive from tonight if it pushes any recruitment towards another centre half.

Four centre halves would be enough if you had a youngster in the u23’s who you would be happy to promote to the bench, it seems we don’t have that player in u23’s at the moment?

With Hause & Engels as only back up to Konsa/Mings we are a red card/medium term injury from a crisis.

I knows it’s Bruce’s negligence in leaving us woefully short at CB before he got fired that is making me nervous but I think we desperately need one in, preferably one who you would think of as 3rd choice CB....maybe someone like Cathcart from Watford or Worrall from Forest...an upgrade on Hause without breaking the bank.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #8597 on: October 02, 2020, 12:41:28 AM »
Engels hasn't played since Leicester in early March so he's effectively been out of the picture for whatever reason for 7 months now, that's longer than players who break their legs nowadays who get back in six months.

Point is he'll be way off match pace and surely if he was actually fit he'd have played in the league cup ties just to get him sharp. It all feels one big Bermuda triangle mystery about what's happened to him but I really don't see him as a credible prem option.

So yes if Hause is out for Sunday then AEM is backup CB so that needs addressing.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #8598 on: October 02, 2020, 02:38:20 AM »
Still think we should have got Benrahma. Scored a stunning goal tonight.

If it was the first it was more or less a tap in. Ah, he scored a second. I'll look out for it.

The nutmeg is outrageous

https://twitter.com/arab_ballers/status/1311730326507528194?s=21

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #8599 on: October 02, 2020, 04:54:00 AM »
Still think we should have got Benrahma. Scored a stunning goal tonight.

If it was the first it was more or less a tap in. Ah, he scored a second. I'll look out for it.

The nutmeg is outrageous

https://twitter.com/arab_ballers/status/1311730326507528194?s=21

I love that, and think he's a fantastic player. Sign him up, Villa!

Offline villabear

« Reply #8600 on: October 02, 2020, 06:50:49 AM »
Well we're only playing a game a week now til Christmas (less actually with two more International breaks). I can't see us bringing in another two or three in this window. We need to ship some out (as tonight made clear) and the Jan window is only 3 months away.

Who’s going to pay good money and want to take any of those on show last night?

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #8601 on: October 02, 2020, 08:33:20 AM »
Taking a step back, the window so far has been ok with that we have bought. I am only really pleased with the goalie and Barkley. Watkins, has to step up to a higher level, can he do it? Traore, need to be convinced esp after y-day.

We need another striker in case Watkins doesn't work out or he gets injured, more pace in MF and a LB....being greedy.

Oops, forgot Cash....Good buy.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #8602 on: October 02, 2020, 08:33:59 AM »
Lots of work still to do. Our first XI looks so much better. The rest though are weak, and shows just how bad our recruitment has been for some time. This has been a good window, if no one else comes in.

Offline Baldy

« Reply #8603 on: October 02, 2020, 08:40:51 AM »
Take the nastiness out of Diego Costa's game and he is very ineffective. VAR 'has and will' see to that. With suspensions, he couldn't even sit on the bench. A big 'no' from me.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #8604 on: October 02, 2020, 08:45:04 AM »
Daniel Sturridge is available for free. Would he be worth considering as a back up striker option if the contract was heavily weighted towards appearances?

Our physios are probably in a cold sweat at even the thought of that happening.
Every time a team takes Sturridge on fans look and say, wow could be great if he stays fit.  Then ineveitably a few games later he's injured again and the club are waiting for the next desperate mugs to repeat the same gamble.   

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #8605 on: October 02, 2020, 08:46:25 AM »
I get the point about not stockpiling players, but the point is that outside of what we'd recognise as the first 11, we've very little quality and so an injury or suspension in key areas is going to hit us very hard.  Hause is absolute shite, but even he would appear to be injured now, so we don't have anybody else who can fill in it at centre back.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #8606 on: October 02, 2020, 08:55:23 AM »
yes, we are one injury away from a Bruce circa 2018  crisis at the back, very little cover on the left side or centrally. I can only imagine that Dean has zero faith in Engles and too much in Targett and Davis.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #8607 on: October 02, 2020, 09:04:13 AM »
a few reports about us making a loan to buy bid for PSV's Donyell Malen

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #8608 on: October 02, 2020, 09:06:51 AM »
Trouble is our youth team seems to have fallen into the Bermuda triangle. I get we have to play our reserves if only for match fitness in case of injuries, but people like Lansbury? He's just taking up room and will only get a game if we come down with a COVID epidemic anyway. If you have a really weak 2nd string then you should at least be selecting the youth players in the squad for games like these - you never know who will emerge - a decent young centre half for instance. We stuck the first team and Jota on the bench which strikes me as Smith not being able to make up his mind if he was taking it seriously or not. End of the day, if we'd  have gone out playing 4/5 kids people would have been less upset i think rather than watching players who we all know aren't good enough just bow out.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #8609 on: October 02, 2020, 09:11:00 AM »
We need a left back and have done so for a long time

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal