collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864454 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #8130 on: September 26, 2020, 09:02:23 PM »
RLC could be good too. My only problem with him is he was out for a long time and hasn't been much cop since he returned. I'm not really up for getting him back upto speed for chelsea.

It would have to be either a permanent or a loan with the option to buy.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #8131 on: September 26, 2020, 09:09:28 PM »
I've said several times on this thread that we're all equally entitled to our opinion. I thought calling him names was a bit ott that's all. Why are you getting offended on his behalf?
Why are you getting offended on Ross Barkley's behalf?
It's just a bit odd that people are giving him negative nicknames etc before he's even joined.
Why is it odd that people slag off other clubs' players?  It happens on here every day, if not every minute.

The important factor is the people who think it's wrong also think he'd be a good signing and the people who don't see the problem don't want him. Which negates the entire argument.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #8132 on: September 26, 2020, 09:10:41 PM »
RLC could be good too. My only problem with him is he was out for a long time and hasn't been much cop since he returned. I'm not really up for getting him back upto speed for chelsea.

It would have to be either a permanent or a loan with the option to buy.

yeah that's it really. he signed a 5 year contract last year. I don't think they'd be looking to sell yet at his age unless we're going to really push the boat out. Barkley on the other hand at 26, and only cost them 15m. Much more likely to be able to do a deal if he works out

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #8133 on: September 26, 2020, 09:43:46 PM »
That would be my only reservation and if true wouldn’t fit the model we have at the moment  (getting players in then improving them for other teams??). I’d hope we’d have learnt from our past experiences and put in a clause to buy.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 09:45:18 PM by charleeco7 »

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #8134 on: September 26, 2020, 09:57:23 PM »
yeah, thing is what is the clause to buy? Is it an agreed fee you're willing to pay at the end of the season? what's RLC worth?  Luiz cost 15m and a buyback clause.  if your chelsea wouldn't you put if horribly high just in case RLC was a revelation and suddenly you wanted to keep him or sell him to another club? Would RLC move if a big club was interested or chelsea wanted him back? What's in it for chelsea if they haven't got that insurance policy?  Barkley on the other hand, they'd probably take what they paid for him or a bit more, or a bit less. he's 27 after 3 years on 7m before tax. A 4 year contract on 80k a week would beat what he could earn sitting out his contract at chelsea. I just can't see chelsea offering us the option with RLC unless it was silly money.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 10:00:26 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #8135 on: September 26, 2020, 10:00:15 PM »
Whilst not against RLC I think RB would be better, If only for the experience. At the minute, after Elmo, Jack is our most experienced player I think.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #8136 on: September 26, 2020, 10:06:56 PM »
Neither can I but I’d still rather RLC than Barkley even if it was £30 million with first refusal for instance. If we were willing to pay it then it’d mean he’d been a success. It’s all probably BS anyway

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #8137 on: September 26, 2020, 10:30:21 PM »
I would rather have Barkley personally, as I feel he adds a bit of physicality in the middle, that we are lacking.

Think we're more likely to get Loftus-Cheek though.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #8138 on: September 26, 2020, 10:56:19 PM »
RLC is 25 in January.  He’s clocked up approx 80 appearances in 5 years.  It seems he’s made of glass to me, not some wonder kid about to explode on the scene.

If we sign him and he can stay fit he could be a valuable member of the team, but it looks like a big if and I’m not sure I’d be wanting to gamble big sums on it.

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #8139 on: September 26, 2020, 11:03:34 PM »
Apart from Hazard and Kante, I would think that figure applies to the rest of the Chelsea Midfielders over the last few years, I might be wrong though.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #8140 on: September 26, 2020, 11:09:12 PM »
dunno. Barkley joined chelsea injured so missed  most of the first season. after that he's played 79 games in 2 seasons not including this one. Seems good to me.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #8141 on: September 26, 2020, 11:10:48 PM »
Still think we need another centre forward, unless Traore can cover there.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #8142 on: September 26, 2020, 11:16:27 PM »
Still think we need another centre forward, unless Traore can cover there.

We do but realistically, who's going to want to join us knowing that come January he'll be third choice at best?

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8143 on: September 26, 2020, 11:27:06 PM »
dunno. Barkley joined chelsea injured so missed  most of the first season. after that he's played 79 games in 2 seasons not including this one. Seems good to me.

Being arguably overrated at Chelsea is quite different to being seemingly too overrated for us in our current position. He'd improve us. But he'd have to be happy to come, there's always that worry that a player poached from currently more salubrious football environs will be pissed off about their decision by the time they first set foot in the North Stand car park. If a deal can be struck that satisfies all parties, I say get him in.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #8144 on: September 26, 2020, 11:51:21 PM »

Being arguably overrated at Chelsea is quite different to being seemingly too overrated for us in our current position. He'd improve us. But he'd have to be happy to come, there's always that worry that a player poached from currently more salubrious football environs will be pissed off about their decision by the time they first set foot in the North Stand car park. If a deal can be struck that satisfies all parties, I say get him in.

Well its 2020. He can live an hour from the training ground if he loves london that much. On the other hand its much nearer to scouse land than london. Its all about ambition at the end of the day. Bit part player at chelsea, or main man at villa with a potential productive partnership with an England midfield colleague. He's 26, nothing stopping him have 2 amazing seasons at Villa and getting a move to supposedly greener pastures or us making a hefty profit on him for that matter.. I've said it before but he strikes me as ambitious and  with a high opinion of his self-worth. Doesn't seem the type who'd sit in the Chelsea reserves for 2 years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal