collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

West Ham v Villa Monday evening 8.00 pre-match thread by Nunkin1965
[Today at 01:17:16 PM]

Keinan Davis by sickbeggar
[Today at 12:45:20 PM]

Aston Villa Fans Top Hate Crime List. by sid1964
[Today at 12:24:12 PM]

Other clubs' managers by cdbullyweefan
[Today at 12:00:19 PM]

When I was ten by BC54 VFC
[Today at 11:56:04 AM]

When I was ten by brian green
[Today at 09:42:10 AM]

Swing-O-Meter 2020/21 Season... now only 5.3% Fulham by cdbullyweefan
[Today at 09:02:46 AM]

Jack Grealish - for life? by Baldy
[Today at 08:45:36 AM]

November 23, 2020, 04:23:08 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 319 | Comments: 2

These days a ten year old is l...
November 20, 2020, 12:28:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 431 | Comments: 3

In the euphoria of the resumpt...
November 18, 2020, 11:57:57 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 420 | Comments: 2

By Christmas 1936 those who ex...
November 05, 2020, 12:10:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1149 | Comments: 8

This weekend sees the thirtiet...
October 28, 2020, 02:06:34 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1024 | Comments: 8

[url=https://ibb.c...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 506975 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #7935 on: September 24, 2020, 10:43:06 AM »
Since Kozak retired, financial regulations pun-fests (Libor et al.) have been scant. Really scant. So, I'd give algy a free pass on this.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2021
« Reply #7936 on: September 24, 2020, 10:54:22 AM »
If you're looking at a loan move you're not gonna get much better than Ross Barkley, not good enough now to start for Chelsea, but would definitely improve our midfield and of course a very experienced Premier League player.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7937 on: September 24, 2020, 10:56:00 AM »
The Athletic's Chelsea reporter says they'd prefer to sell rather than loan. I guess that could feed into his reluctance to come (if indeed there is any).

Online chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2021
« Reply #7938 on: September 24, 2020, 11:08:27 AM »
I'm getting myself all worked up over Barkley signing now and it's all going to be twitter bollocks isn't ot?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2021
« Reply #7939 on: September 24, 2020, 11:12:16 AM »
I'm getting myself all worked up over Barkley signing now and it's all going to be twitter bollocks isn't ot?

Think he is most likely to be used as a makeweight as part of the Rice to Chelsea deal. Moyes has managed him before of course.

Chelsea's squad is bloated in the extreme in terms of numbers and they need to get players out. If Rashica isn't coming could we go all out for Hudson-Odoi instead?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 06.02.2021
« Reply #7940 on: September 24, 2020, 11:21:00 AM »
I dont think there is anything particularly awry about the Tatters buying Semedo, Barca are short of a bit of cash and need to get money in and wages off the books so Koeman can bring in his own players, they didn't rate him enough to increase his wages and extend his contract and they've now sold him for over the odds.

Barca are pretty much top of the food chain, they dont sell anyone they want to keep, even if Mendes asks them to.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 06.02.2021
« Reply #7941 on: September 24, 2020, 11:21:30 AM »
The Rashica stuff seems to have gone very quiet.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7942 on: September 24, 2020, 11:22:33 AM »

Think he is most likely to be used as a makeweight as part of the Rice to Chelsea deal. Moyes has managed him before of course.

Chelsea's squad is bloated in the extreme in terms of numbers and they need to get players out. If Rashica isn't coming could we go all out for Hudson-Odoi instead?

Moyes may have managed him before, but they were hardly like Dean and Jack, I'm not sure he'd be too keen to play for him again.

Offline Tony Boucher

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #7943 on: September 24, 2020, 11:22:40 AM »
Unlikely, since it's been reported by the likes of John Percy - that's not to say it's going to happen, but there's a decent chance there's some substance to it

Online sickbeggar

« Reply #7944 on: September 24, 2020, 11:23:05 AM »
I'd be disappointed if he chose west ham over us really if it wasn't a London thing. They're in a mess with players slagging off the board, they've basically told the world how skint they are, and if Rice goes he'd be joining a team who've sold their best player. I've always seen Barkley as quite ambitious with a high opinion of his own worth, so fecking off to them would be a bit strange when you can join a side the likes of Grealish in it. Okay so we're a work in progress, but west ham look like they're only going one way.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7945 on: September 24, 2020, 11:25:53 AM »
I'd be disappointed if he chose west ham over us really if it wasn't a London thing. They're in a mess with players slagging off the board, they've basically told the world how skint they are, and if Rice goes he'd be joining a team who've sold their best player. I've always seen Barkley as quite ambitious with a high opinion of his own worth, so fecking off to them would be a bit strange when you can join a side the likes of Grealish in it. Okay so we're a work in progress, but west ham look like they're only going one way.

That's my take on it too, but with 80m from the Rice deal they could afford to give him a fat contract and he wouldn't need to move house. West Ham is a graveyard for once-promising players though.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 13.09.2021
« Reply #7946 on: September 24, 2020, 11:37:01 AM »
The Rashica stuff seems to have gone very quiet.

Which on the basis of last year, likely means it's going to happen.

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #7947 on: September 24, 2020, 11:45:06 AM »

That's my take on it too, but with 80m from the Rice deal they could afford to give him a fat contract and he wouldn't need to move house. West Ham is a graveyard for once-promising players though.

If you'd heard Sullivan's interview yesterday, there's no way they're paying massive salaries any more.  The 30m for Tarkowski and his wages is all the money they've got, and even that's a stretch.  Even with 80m for Rice, don't think they'd be splashing 20m+ on Barkley and 5m+  year on wages.  They are, to quote PWS, skint pricks.  Their defence is shit, and they're fairly well stocked with attacking players.  If they do sell Rice, they'll end up paying 45m for Tarkowski.

Offline in exile

• GM : 10.07.2021
« Reply #7948 on: September 24, 2020, 11:59:57 AM »
I'd rather buy Tammy and loan one of the others or loan Tammy and buy one of the others.
I think we have more chance of securing Loftus-Cheek than Berkley either way.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 21.08.2021
« Reply #7949 on: September 24, 2020, 12:01:23 PM »

If you'd heard Sullivan's interview yesterday, there's no way they're paying massive salaries any more.  The 30m for Tarkowski and his wages is all the money they've got, and even that's a stretch.  Even with 80m for Rice, don't think they'd be splashing 20m+ on Barkley and 5m+  year on wages.  They are, to quote PWS, skint pricks.  Their defence is shit, and they're fairly well stocked with attacking players.  If they do sell Rice, they'll end up paying 45m for Tarkowski.

Signing for West Ham always has a ring of 'end of career' about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal