collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864538 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #7440 on: September 21, 2020, 03:27:13 PM »
So in case weren't aware here's some useful information
The deadline for transfer is the 5th October 11pm BUT!
The deadline for deals with EFL clubs is 16th October so we can still trade with clubs domestically. Not Premier league ones.
So maybe outgoings of loans as well as an incoming from Championship can be held fire till these later date and concentration on moves from premier league and overseas .

Interesting as there are a few players in championship who could be looking for moves after first few weeks of season .

Players at Bournemouth Brentford, Norwich , Watford keep eyes on.

Same with once we have squad sorted can shift out a few to EFL clubs

In my view the only trading after 5th October that should be allowed is outgoings to EFL clubs for loans etc. Otherwise the Premier League clubs who've missed the deadlines will just hoover up the talent and leave clubs starved again.

Online Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #7441 on: September 21, 2020, 03:38:37 PM »
Still think Tammy is a possibility and a very good option.

I've posted this a few times - not least because he said it himself - but Tammy thinks his best position is as a wide (left) forward.

It is possible to accommodate both him and Watkins, even to rotate them in a game or naturally allow them to be fluid. It would also allow Grealish to move more centrally.

Though if the right type of CM/DCM is recruited (or Nakamba steps up considerably), I do see us operating with 4-2-3-1 at least some of the time as it would mean we are harder to break down in games when the opposition dominates possession. Certainly it is more compact shape than 4-3-3. UTV.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7442 on: September 21, 2020, 03:40:43 PM »
So in case weren't aware here's some useful information
The deadline for transfer is the 5th October 11pm BUT!
The deadline for deals with EFL clubs is 16th October so we can still trade with clubs domestically. Not Premier league ones.
So maybe outgoings of loans as well as an incoming from Championship can be held fire till these later date and concentration on moves from premier league and overseas .

Interesting as there are a few players in championship who could be looking for moves after first few weeks of season .

Players at Bournemouth Brentford, Norwich , Watford keep eyes on.

Same with once we have squad sorted can shift out a few to EFL clubs

In my view the only trading after 5th October that should be allowed is outgoings to EFL clubs for loans etc. Otherwise the Premier League clubs who've missed the deadlines will just hoover up the talent and leave clubs starved again.

I'd probably go the other way and allow outgoings from EFL clubs (and the rest of the lower leagues) to the premier and abroad all season. If things carry on much longer we could lose 10 or more clubs this season and I think most supporters would rather lose a star player than their club.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #7443 on: September 21, 2020, 03:52:33 PM »
It was always good when Dr Xia was here for this - any spurious links and he would quash them immediately

Maybe the only good thing about him  >:(

Don't forget his shoes.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #7444 on: September 21, 2020, 03:57:34 PM »
Fulham are signing someone called Marlon (from Emmerdale FC?).

We should be all over that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 04:00:13 PM by Big Ming »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #7445 on: September 21, 2020, 04:11:04 PM »
Central midfield is more of a priority.  I guarantee we'll all be saying it's not good enough very shortly.

Totally agree.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #7446 on: September 21, 2020, 04:32:51 PM »
Fulham are signing someone called Marlon (from Emmerdale FC?).

We should be all over that.

Could fill the Ornondroyd/Crouch role but he's probably a little long in the tooth now.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #7447 on: September 21, 2020, 04:39:30 PM »
Tyrone Mings: Aston Villa defender signs contract extension until 2024

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/12078022/tyrone-mings-aston-villa-defender-signs-contract-extension-until-2024

The spine of the team are all on long-term contracts and that is good transfer business.

Still think we need 4 or 5 more this window as there is the risk of burn out as there are a lot of games in this covid-19 affected seasoned.

2 def 2 mid 1 forward but will be happy if 3 more come in before the window slams shut.............

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #7448 on: September 21, 2020, 04:44:45 PM »

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/12078022/tyrone-mings-aston-villa-defender-signs-contract-extension-until-2024

The spine of the team are all on long-term contracts and that is good transfer business.

Still think we need 4 or 5 more this window as there is the risk of burn out as there are a lot of games in this covid-19 affected seasoned.

2 def 2 mid 1 forward but will be happy if 3 more come in before the window slams shut.............
So, a total of 9 new players?  - I think that's asking too much in terms of integrating more players.
Get a CMF and possibly a CB.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7449 on: September 21, 2020, 04:52:46 PM »
A little bit of experience would have been nice. I know we're not gonna get that with our "buy for potential/re-sale/moneyball" policy but i can dream ::)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #7450 on: September 21, 2020, 05:05:44 PM »

The squad still needs work but there's no chance we'll get remotely close to that.  There will prob be one more, maybe two max if a loan opportunity comes up.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #7451 on: September 21, 2020, 05:08:28 PM »

When you exclude League cup games where we tend to rotate the squad, there aren't really any mid-week games until closer to Christmas. Just one game a week so the fixture list isn't as crowded as what it might seem. One game a week should allow for quite a settled side.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #7452 on: September 21, 2020, 05:19:31 PM »
Oliver Norwood not starting for Sheffield United tonight. I think he's a good player - was in the Championship team of the year when Sheffield got promoted. Good on the ball and helps to orchestrate the pattern of play. Would offer experience, while at 29 not being past it either.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #7453 on: September 21, 2020, 05:35:20 PM »
Oliver Norwood not starting for Sheffield United tonight. I think he's a good player - was in the Championship team of the year when Sheffield got promoted. Good on the ball and helps to orchestrate the pattern of play. Would offer experience, while at 29 not being past it either.
I suspect his omission from the starting XI is tactical - they're rough us up for a while then he will probably come on to ping the ball around.
I'd be surprised if he were to be sold.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #7454 on: September 21, 2020, 05:57:59 PM »
We need 3 more this window looking at that bench. Winger, Striker, Centre Mid ASAP. Bench is poor.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal