collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864496 times)

Offline Countryside Villain

• GM : 11.05.2016
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #7410 on: September 21, 2020, 11:08:12 AM »
There was a tweet at the end of last week from John Percy of the Telegraph saying we had bid for Tammy. The link when I clicked it had been removed and now the tweet has been deleted by the looks of it. Something in this then maybe as normally he’s seems to be quite a reliable source?

There was a fake Percy account tweeting this out, could be that you spotted that, it wasn't obvious.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #7411 on: September 21, 2020, 11:29:52 AM »
Someone creating a fake twitter account of a sports journalist who covers midland football stories for a national newspaper. Arent there a few other more fun ways to pass the time ?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #7412 on: September 21, 2020, 11:55:00 AM »
Someone creating a fake twitter account of a sports journalist who covers midland football stories for a national newspaper. Arent there a few other more fun ways to pass the time ?

There are, but apparently they can cause you to go blind.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #7413 on: September 21, 2020, 11:55:10 AM »
The problem we have is that we overpay very average footballers, that is why we can never sell any for a decent fee

There is not a chance of us selling the likes of Taylor / Lansbury / Nyland / (the Croatian goal keeper) etc... before the end of their contracts - who else is going to pay them £30 - £40k a week - no club in the premier league or in Europe, we are stuck with them - and I don't blame them.

To be honest do we really think that they are bothered if they play or not?, as long as the pay goes into their bank each month that is all they are interested in.

I cant see the likes of Lansbury losing sleep worrying if he is going to play tonight?

As Dean said we just keep adding players to our squad, and this has to stop.

Nyland isn't on anywhere near that and will go I reckon. Kalinic might be tougher, we need him to play regularly and do well so someone actually wants him! Bit like Martinez did for Reading, maybe a championship loan might help him. Lansbury though - no chance of shifting him.

I didn't think we would be able to shift Hogan either though, so haven't given up hope on Lansbury and Nyland going. Wouldn't need much of a fee now to show as a profit for FFP purposes as amortation will have lowered their value. Suspect we may have to pony up a leaving fee to get rid of the wages though.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7414 on: September 21, 2020, 11:58:41 AM »

There are, but apparently they can cause you to go blind.

Who said that?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #7415 on: September 21, 2020, 11:59:54 AM »
And I've been to Croatia a few times, if the female population of Serbia is anything like theirs he was ridiculously spoiled for choice.

I can just imagine the female population of Croatia, when the next plane from the UK lands, thinking 'oh bloody hell, our choices are spoilt again.'

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #7416 on: September 21, 2020, 12:03:16 PM »
The problem we have is that we overpay very average footballers, that is why we can never sell any for a decent fee

There is not a chance of us selling the likes of Taylor / Lansbury / Nyland / (the Croatian goal keeper) etc... before the end of their contracts - who else is going to pay them £30 - £40k a week - no club in the premier league or in Europe, we are stuck with them - and I don't blame them.

To be honest do we really think that they are bothered if they play or not?, as long as the pay goes into their bank each month that is all they are interested in.

I cant see the likes of Lansbury losing sleep worrying if he is going to play tonight?

As Dean said we just keep adding players to our squad, and this has to stop.
They'll get loaned out and we'll carry a lot of the cost, until the contracts wind down.
Shit happens when poor decisions get made.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #7417 on: September 21, 2020, 12:04:59 PM »
He is hardly likely to swap the Chelsea bench for ours though
He wouldn't need to though, would he? A front line of Tammy, Watkins and Traore, backed up by McGinn, JG and Luiz. Bring in L-Cheek as well and we'd be flush with talent and options :-)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7418 on: September 21, 2020, 12:20:17 PM »
He wouldn't need to though, would he? A front line of Tammy, Watkins and Traore, backed up by McGinn, JG and Luiz. Bring in L-Cheek as well and we'd be flush with talent and options :-)

Hadn't Smith said he sees Ollie as an out and out centre forward?

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #7419 on: September 21, 2020, 12:28:13 PM »

Encouraging though we've  had some down and out centre forwards of recent times and loved Tammy and not watakins .
I penned OW  premier league 11-14 goals ! 15+ would be amazing
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 12:30:42 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #7420 on: September 21, 2020, 12:33:00 PM »

Yes. Signing a second striker would be nice, but they have to be accepting of fighting with Watkins for the shirt.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #7421 on: September 21, 2020, 12:34:16 PM »

[/quote

Didn't play him as one at Brentford though did he? Even if he did we still need more than one plus a youngster (Davis). It looks like Samatta is going and Wesley is not going to be available until mid season.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7422 on: September 21, 2020, 12:37:10 PM »
I can't see us getting another striker now sadly.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #7423 on: September 21, 2020, 12:38:36 PM »
Central midfield is more of a priority.  I guarantee we'll all be saying it's not good enough very shortly.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7424 on: September 21, 2020, 12:42:31 PM »
yep. threadbare. although if Watkins don't come off or gets injured we're right back to where we left off last season - no strikers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal