collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 878092 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #7095 on: September 17, 2020, 04:40:39 PM »
Twitter is a strange place today. The Rashica obsession appears to have reached full Belhanda/ Kiyotake levels now.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #7096 on: September 17, 2020, 04:44:14 PM »
BBC saying Delph is surplus to requirement at Everton. Grievances aside, could he do a job for us at left back????
Glad you suggested it. As you haven’t received the expected tsunami of pelters, I’m going to very timidly agree ( runs away and hides).
Presumably his wages would be too high but our Ashley did well converting into a left back at the unmentionables and perhaps Mr Snake could do a similar job extending his career too. Plus emergency cover for Dougie.
After all, we are really his first love  ;D

Be an improvement in midfield too, exactly the sort of player and experienced head we need. As an aside I know people at Man City who tell me that Villa encouraged his move and not the snake he appeared.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #7097 on: September 17, 2020, 04:50:03 PM »
Baggies do want Samatta

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7098 on: September 17, 2020, 04:50:28 PM »
have we been linked to Jesse Lingard yet

nailed on to happen at some point in his career

Thankfully those days my be in the past my friend.

Give it time

We'll sign Barkley and Mark Noble now and my head will explode.
i would take Noble to help close games out.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7099 on: September 17, 2020, 05:06:34 PM »
BBC saying Delph is surplus to requirement at Everton. Grievances aside, could he do a job for us at left back????
Glad you suggested it. As you haven’t received the expected tsunami of pelters, I’m going to very timidly agree ( runs away and hides).
Presumably his wages would be too high but our Ashley did well converting into a left back at the unmentionables and perhaps Mr Snake could do a similar job extending his career too. Plus emergency cover for Dougie.
After all, we are really his first love  ;D

Be an improvement in midfield too, exactly the sort of player and experienced head we need. As an aside I know people at Man City who tell me that Villa encouraged his move and not the snake he appeared.

I wouldn't take him now, but not because of what happened, just age and fitness. I'd always suspected he was hung out to dry, I reckon we'd spent the money we'd got thinking he was going.

At the end of the day, he could of walked away that summer for fuck all and probably earned himself more money, but signing that deal in January when we were utterly on our arse meant we at least got a fee, and I respected him for that.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #7100 on: September 17, 2020, 05:32:23 PM »
Loaning Vassilev out is a good move, I didnt see a single thing in him in his few cameo's that made me thing he could have a career at this level. Lots of effort though so hopefully he'll score a fair amount in Oeague 1 and we can get a fee for him.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #7101 on: September 17, 2020, 05:41:34 PM »
Loaning Vassilev out is a good move, I didnt see a single thing in him in his few cameo's that made me thing he could have a career at this level. Lots of effort though so hopefully he'll score a fair amount in Oeague 1 and we can get a fee for him.

Bit harsh considering he played a total of about an hour across 5 games in a struggling team.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #7102 on: September 17, 2020, 05:54:25 PM »

Bit harsh considering he played a total of about an hour across 5 games in a struggling team.

agreed. I like what I've seen of him with the U23 but I think he needs to find a position, right now he seems to be a bit of a utility attacking player and I suspect, if he makes it, it'll be as more of a battling centre mid in a similar style to McGinn.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #7103 on: September 17, 2020, 06:00:27 PM »

Possibly harsh but I've always tended to make quite a quick decision if I like or dislike a player. Eg, Ramsey the other night, I saw enough in 60 mins to think that he has the technique, forward thinking and drive too make it at this level. On the flip side I couldn't take to Trez from the start and even though he scored a couple of important goals, I still dont think he's upto it at this level.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #7104 on: September 17, 2020, 06:02:21 PM »

to be fair ive been known to make a rash judgement about a player just by the way he runs up and down the touch line

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #7105 on: September 17, 2020, 06:33:27 PM »
Traore to be announced tomorrow according to lequipe.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7106 on: September 17, 2020, 07:07:52 PM »
Baggies do want Samatta

Where did you hear this?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7107 on: September 17, 2020, 07:09:44 PM »
Skysports News midlands man Weather-cock Rob have to love him and vague attempts to sound ITK

Couple of days ago he was makes claims and statements.
This was all after signing right back cash and stirker watkins and Not before them being transferred.
And certainly not pre window.
It was of course literally a day or 2 before we comfortably signed Martinez which he said was" being left for now"

"At the start of the window I was told Villa want a striker, a winger , another Striker,  then a GK then a right back . That was the order I was told the signings were coming and they signed deals either end of their priority list... the money is running out a little bit and they won't be spending huge money on the other players"

He was also adamant when asked about Villa signings the other day(before Martinez) that Villa wouldn't sign anyone after the Right Back and Striker until off loaded one or two as couldn't afford to buy anyone else.
And that Villa wouldn't pay the fee for Martinez because that would ruin the budget for the next striker!

So he claimed Villa would leave Martinez for now and if Arsenal wanted to sell him Villa would come back at the end of the transfer window paying less than the asking price to Arsenal as now Villa are focused on outgoings to raise more funds for transfers before the signing a winger and striker and then the goal keeper!

No mention of Grealish signing a new deal and he was also claiming Watkins as a winger so he covering all sorts of bases with the winger/striker signing

Does say "no interest in Josh King or Harry Wilson
And if we can sell players we could buy Rashica who prefers a move to Rb Leipzig"

Rob Dorset also does horoscope readings

Ha ha, nice one.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #7108 on: September 17, 2020, 07:29:53 PM »
Baggies do want Samatta

Where did you hear this?

West Brom want to 'hijack' Aston Villa transfer - reports

West Brom are in the market for a new striker and Aston Villa's Mbwana Samatta has reportedly emerged as an option

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/villa-samatta-west-brom-transfer-18951897

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7109 on: September 17, 2020, 07:51:23 PM »
Baggies do want Samatta

Where did you hear this?

West Brom want to 'hijack' Aston Villa transfer - reports

West Brom are in the market for a new striker and Aston Villa's Mbwana Samatta has reportedly emerged as an option

https://www.xxxx.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/villa-samatta-west-brom-transfer-18951897

That explains it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal