collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864877 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #1995 on: August 10, 2020, 04:53:38 PM »
The Guardian say it's a bargaining move and no more. Let's hope so.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #1996 on: August 10, 2020, 05:09:46 PM »
Depends if Sancho wants the move. If he’s non plused as he wanted to move to Liverpool, and Dortmund aren’t fussed if they sell or not, it might not happen. If the lad wants the move, it’ll happen at some point.

Same with jack, if he really wants to go enough to kick up a stink, then however wealthy our owners are, we’d be better off selling. Depends whether he would do that to ‘his’ club.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1997 on: August 10, 2020, 05:10:28 PM »
Sky are reporting that Sancho is staying with them for this season.
This can’t be good for us keeping Jack 😒

Probably not, but it does mean United will be increasingly desperate now.

If you believe what's written in the press (pinch of salt time), they won't pay Dortmund's asking price of £109m for Sancho or our asking price of £80m for Jack.

If that holds any truth we should wind them up by telling them that the price for Jack is now £109m and will increase with every day that they don't meet it, due to the lost time in us finding a replacement.

Fuck the fuckers.

The last line is good enough for me.

When I saw Declan Rice’s price as being £65m the other day, I was sure that would make Jack a nine digit signing.

I’d just like us to publicly tell Man U to go forth.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1998 on: August 10, 2020, 05:53:22 PM »
Petrov turned himself into a very good holding midfielder whilst at Villa under MON. Kevin Richardson also did a great job in the role for a few seasons under BFR. Des Bremner was excellent in the role as part of the side that won the league and European Cup.

Townsend was excellent at it aswell. Doubt we'd sign that type nowadays with our transfer policy, think he was 30 when we got him from Chelsea.

In '92-'93 when we came second we went out of both cups in the fourth round and had no European games to contend with. In '93-94 we played four European ties, three FA Cup ties and eight League (Coca-Cola) ties. We finished tenth. We also fell away badly after winning the League Cup. Although not as badly as Small Heath did after winning the cup. We signed Townsend for £2.1 million from Chelsea in 1993 when he was thirty and four years and 134 games later we sold him to Boro for £500,000.

Out of sheer boredom I’ve been watching some extracts of old seasons in the early to mid 90s, lately, a bit of trip down memory lane from my late teens/early twenties. That first season Townsend came, 93-94, he was excellent. Even though we lost too many games at home and only finished 10th compared to the heights of 2nd the season before, he looked fairly dynamic from that deep role, more than I remember, and got some important goals too, last minute winner at Arsenal, happy days those! And yes he was 30 when we signed him, must of got 3-4 seasons out of him though. Love someone of that Ilk now

Sorry, add that to my long list of quote fails. I am pretty sure I hold the H&V record.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 05:55:12 PM by Damo70 »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1999 on: August 10, 2020, 06:18:49 PM »
Depends if Sancho wants the move. If he’s non plused as he wanted to move to Liverpool, and Dortmund aren’t fussed if they sell or not, it might not happen. If the lad wants the move, it’ll happen at some point.

Same with jack, if he really wants to go enough to kick up a stink, then however wealthy our owners are, we’d be better off selling. Depends whether he would do that to ‘his’ club.

He sulked for weeks after the move to Spurs fell through didn't he? The player holds all the cards in our situation, not the club. We simply can't afford for this to drag on for weeks and only a short space of time then to stack the team with replacements.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #2000 on: August 10, 2020, 06:30:06 PM »

He sulked for weeks after the move to Spurs fell through didn't he? The player holds all the cards in our situation, not the club. We simply can't afford for this to drag on for weeks and only a short space of time then to stack the team with replacements.

Yep your right, id largely forgotten that he didn’t show up for early part of the promotion season, think it was over shadowed in part by Bruce getting rid of most of our centre backs.
I think the Sancho deal is probably quite important with Jacks future. I don’t see United forking our for both of them and at the moment no else seems to sniffing about. If they sign Sancho, hopefully we’ll also make enough decent signings to convince Jack to stay for another season at least.

Offline Taylor

« Reply #2001 on: August 10, 2020, 06:49:13 PM »

Yep your right, id largely forgotten that he didn’t show up for early part of the promotion season, think it was over shadowed in part by Bruce getting rid of most of our centre backs.
I think the Sancho deal is probably quite important with Jacks future. I don’t see United forking our for both of them and at the moment no else seems to sniffing about. If they sign Sancho, hopefully we’ll also make enough decent signings to convince Jack to stay for another season at least.
I think “sulked for weeks” is a bit of an exaggeration. He even admitted his mind was elsewhere in those opening games, but don’t forget we were playing the likes of Hull and Bristol City in those days, I’d like to think that captaining Villa in the prem might focus his mind. Fingers crossed.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2002 on: August 10, 2020, 07:30:55 PM »
IF he wants to go I have no problem with it. He's been great for us and I'd understand the need to move on. We'd make a fortune and emerge a stronger unit (hopefully).

If he wants to stay, that's obviously also great.

I don't like the idea of a club like ours shitting itself over a transfer between Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2003 on: August 10, 2020, 07:33:40 PM »
Sell Jack for 80m buy Sancho for £108m. Simples.

I jokes of course, much rather keep Jack.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2004 on: August 10, 2020, 07:38:38 PM »
He didn’t sulk. Loss of form maybe. He was slow starting after lockdown.

Online jwarry

« Reply #2005 on: August 10, 2020, 07:39:45 PM »
IF he wants to go I have no problem with it. He's been great for us and I'd understand the need to move on. We'd make a fortune and emerge a stronger unit (hopefully).

If he wants to stay, that's obviously also great.

I don't like the idea of a club like ours shitting itself over a transfer between Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund.

Give it another year and I’m sure we won’t be again

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2006 on: August 10, 2020, 07:49:32 PM »
I could forgive any disappointment he felt at the time because it had looked like we'd have to sell him to pay the leccy bill, and so there was little chance we'd be investing in a much depleted side from the end of the previous season to fulfil any dreams he harboured with us. And in that run of utter garbage between Hull and Preston, he was no worse than many others, he perhaps stood out more because we knew his capabilites when he's firing.

Two years later and things are considerably different, we've plenty of 50p's for the meter. But we'll see, I'm hoping the changes in our recruitment set-up are for how best we can complement him, not replace him.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2007 on: August 10, 2020, 11:26:46 PM »
Sky are reporting that Sancho is staying with them for this season.
This can’t be good for us keeping Jack 😒

Probably not, but it does mean United will be increasingly desperate now.

If you believe what's written in the press (pinch of salt time), they won't pay Dortmund's asking price of £109m for Sancho or our asking price of £80m for Jack.

If that holds any truth we should wind them up by telling them that the price for Jack is now £109m and will increase with every day that they don't meet it, due to the lost time in us finding a replacement.

Fuck the fuckers.

The last line is good enough for me.

When I saw Declan Rice’s price as being £65m the other day, I was sure that would make Jack a nine digit signing.

I’d just like us to publicly tell Man U to go forth.

Publicly tell a team that haven't declared an interest in our player that they can't have him?

How desperate and small time would that make us look?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2008 on: August 10, 2020, 11:32:10 PM »
There’s been more pandemics in the last two years than goals between Benteke and Davis.

Do you not think much of Davis then?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2009 on: August 10, 2020, 11:35:17 PM »
Confused as to why some Man U fans seem convinced that Lingard is what is needed to seal the deal.

That's the same Lingard who managed fewer assists than Jota, a man who spent more of last season conditioning his beard than playing football. He also scored precisely one goal, and that was only because it was the last minute of the season and the opposition goalkeeper was already onto his third pint at Gatwick Wetherspoons, waiting for his flight to Benidorm. This is a bloke who had a spell on loan at Birmingham fucking City and was so atrocious that they haven't even retired his shirt number.

That's the player they think will convince us to sell our best player for half the fee they paid for Harry "Wandering Feet" Maguire?

Nah, you're alright lads, thanks.

Let's talk about whether Henri Lansbury is the man to sweeten the Rashford to Villa bid...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal