collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864644 times)

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #1935 on: August 09, 2020, 08:31:07 AM »

And why would anyone look at Hogan and think he was worth a punt

Without looking too deeply into it didn’t he score a few goals pre lockdown for SHA which might get a bite out of a championship club?

Offline manic-road

« Reply #1936 on: August 09, 2020, 08:40:16 AM »
I've always rated Wilson but think this is probably a bit of fantasy. With the parachute payment and £40m for Ake in their pocket they don't need to look at cut price deals.

I read that Bournemouth still owe £81m in transfer payments so if that is true they may be looking to sell a few more players.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1937 on: August 09, 2020, 09:01:15 AM »
I've always rated Wilson but think this is probably a bit of fantasy. With the parachute payment and £40m for Ake in their pocket they don't need to look at cut price deals.

I read that Bournemouth still owe £81m in transfer payments so if that is true they may be looking to sell a few more players.

The drop off in income is going to hit them hard you would think, I can see them being in real trouble in the next couple of years.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #1938 on: August 09, 2020, 09:25:13 AM »
also doing the speculation rounds a part ex deal for Wilson from Bournemouth plus Hogan. Yes, it's the season to be silly.

I’d like us to sign Tammy, but this has a more realistic feel to it. Add Benhrama and Watkins and that would be our forward business done.
Someone mentioned loftus-cheek earlier in the the thread, that would be a great signing.
On Davies, despite all the ‘he’s shite’ talk, we looked a better team every time he was on the pitch instead of Samatta. He’s definitely not shite, but despite the fact he holds it up well etc, he never looks like scoring, which is obviously a problem. I think if we get two forwards and a winger in, some will have to be shifted out, so one of Samatta or Davies will go, personally I’d rather cut our losses and sell Samatta, but horses for courses.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1939 on: August 09, 2020, 09:51:44 AM »
Wilson wants out too apparently, rumours of a fairly low relegation release clause.

If we are realistic and want to move forward, Wilson is a decent shout as an experienced front man still at a decent age. Wilson, Watkins and Benrahma would be a very, very decent step forward up front compared to where we are.

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #1940 on: August 09, 2020, 10:02:32 AM »
Wilson wants out too apparently, rumours of a fairly low relegation release clause.

If we are realistic and want to move forward, Wilson is a decent shout as an experienced front man still at a decent age. Wilson, Watkins and Benrahma would be a very, very decent step forward up front compared to where we are.

Absolutely this.
What difference this would  make to the dynamics and threat for our forward line.

Sell Samatta and give Davis away to anyone who doesn’t want goals and that’s a game changing  transfer period.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1941 on: August 09, 2020, 10:16:19 AM »
Declan Rice is the player you describe as “he puts in a shift” but generally in doing so achieves the square root of fuck all. If he was Finland or the Faroes and not English he’d be playing in the Azerbaijan Premier League.

He’s getting regular outings for the national side so he must be achieving better than the square root of FA.

Is that the true measure of talent? He’s just a good player, nothing more. Generally nondescript. I don’t dislike him but would you have him over McGinn or Luiz in our midfield; two players that cost a combined £18m vs Rice who will cost any team that buys him £50m+

You can't really compare him to McGinn, as Rice is a defensive midfielder and McGinn is an attacking midfielder.  If I had to choose, I'd definitely take him over McGinn in a straight swap though, no question at all.  Rice will be like Henderson in future I reckon, one of those players unappreciated by fans of other teams, but a key player for the team he plays for.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1942 on: August 09, 2020, 10:35:36 AM »
Declan Rice is the player you describe as “he puts in a shift” but generally in doing so achieves the square root of fuck all. If he was Finland or the Faroes and not English he’d be playing in the Azerbaijan Premier League.

He’s getting regular outings for the national side so he must be achieving better than the square root of FA.

Is that the true measure of talent? He’s just a good player, nothing more. Generally nondescript. I don’t dislike him but would you have him over McGinn or Luiz in our midfield; two players that cost a combined £18m vs Rice who will cost any team that buys him £50m+

You can't really compare him to McGinn, as Rice is a defensive midfielder and McGinn is an attacking midfielder.  If I had to choose, I'd definitely take him over McGinn in a straight swap though, no question at all.  Rice will be like Henderson in future I reckon, one of those players unappreciated by fans of other teams, but a key player for the team he plays for.

Flipin eck Risso
I think that’s the first time I’ve ever agreed with you about a player
and I’ve been on here for 15 years

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1943 on: August 09, 2020, 10:41:09 AM »

He's certainly unappreciated by fans of Ireland. I agree with you btw but not worth 65m.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1944 on: August 09, 2020, 11:19:20 AM »
I like Rice, he was great against us at VP, not showy but uses the ball well and fine positioning

Good job he can’t shoot or we may be playing Championship football next year

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1945 on: August 09, 2020, 11:24:13 AM »
didn't he want to come to us on loan a while ago when Bruce was here?

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1946 on: August 09, 2020, 11:25:17 AM »

For me, the thought of signing 2 players from the championship would worry me at this stage - we really should start to be looking at players who are playing well in the Premier League, or ripping apart one of the weaker European leagues and look decent in the European Cup/UEFA Cup.

Not asking that we start signing Messi or whatever, just that our signings are ambitious enough to keep the likes of Jack Grealish, Tyrone Mings, and John McGinn at the club. Which means buying players who are going to get us a strong, top half finish next season, and perhaps challenging for a place in Europe.

If the budget is around £100m, I'd be looking at spending ~£70m on a centre forward and a winger*, and ~£25m on a central midfielder. Then £5m + any sales on speculative buys, e.g. youngsters & players who "look good in the championship".

* Thinking something along the lines of £30m for Edouard + £40m for Sarr
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 11:31:25 AM by algy »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1947 on: August 09, 2020, 11:25:55 AM »
We won’t be signing Abraham. He’s not going to want to go from playing in the champions league to our level, no matter how well he knows the club. He’ll have better options than us.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #1948 on: August 09, 2020, 11:54:42 AM »
Callum Wilson.
A Coventry lad and will know the area, so shouldn't have too much trouble settling in.
However he's done his cruciates in both knees whilst at Bournemouth, so the medical will be interesting and could affect his price.
On the plus side, he's experienced at age 28 and his  goals per game stars for Bournemout in the Prem are pretty good. If we can bring him in for less than £8m net, on a swap deal involving Scott Hogan then I think he's worth signing.

Offline Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
« Reply #1949 on: August 09, 2020, 12:55:39 PM »

Sorry, but isn’t Harry Wilson on loan from Liverpool.... therefore he is not Bournemouth’s to sell and the Scott Hogan plus cash deal rumour is clearly bollocks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal