collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Woody17
[Today at 12:34:13 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864367 times)

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #1110 on: August 01, 2020, 12:33:53 AM »
Honestly I think the main problem with the midfield is the inadequate attack. Luiz, McGinn and Jack form a really formidable trio, but without options to pass to opponents know they just need to sit in and wait for us to get desperate. We can't really on our midfield to defend, create and score - better attackers and we can ease the burden on them.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1111 on: August 01, 2020, 01:18:08 AM »
Jack’s creativity based stats in a better side yields him close to Kevin DeBruyne type assist numbers. We find forwards and wingers who can move into threatening areas in the penalty area; players like Jack or Luiz will find them. We are either static or too spread out and thus we rarely in key scoring positions, nor do we get enough shots away.

Offline Ben.H

« Reply #1112 on: August 01, 2020, 08:08:41 AM »
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-abraham-buendia-18699130

Hard to believe but this is actually a pretty decent analysis of the team last season from the Mail.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1113 on: August 01, 2020, 08:42:05 AM »
https://www.xxxx.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-abraham-buendia-18699130

Hard to believe but this is actually a pretty decent analysis of the team last season from the Mail.
Well, that link doesn't work for me. Can you copy the text here, please.

Offline Mister E

« Reply #1114 on: August 01, 2020, 08:46:13 AM »
I think the JG / Buendia discussion is an interesting one. I could see both players in the same side, alternating being wide and being central. As pointed out above, it would give opponents much more to think about.
The key to its success would be both a mobile, quick CF and a good out-and-out winger to come on to change the point of attack. It would also need an upgraded MF to support Luiz and McGinn.
In this scenario I think we'd get away with not enhancing our CB players but would still need another LB to give Targett competition.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1115 on: August 01, 2020, 09:38:51 AM »
I think the JG / Buendia discussion is an interesting one. I could see both players in the same side, alternating being wide and being central. As pointed out above, it would give opponents much more to think about.
The key to its success would be both a mobile, quick CF and a good out-and-out winger to come on to change the point of attack. It would also need an upgraded MF to support Luiz and McGinn.
In this scenario I think we'd get away with not enhancing our CB players but would still need another LB to give Targett competition.

I think he and Jack would be fine in the same side, both work hard for "flair" players, but like you say, that industrious box to box midfielder, a much faster, athletic pacey winger option and a fast, powerful striker to go with them would be needed.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #1116 on: August 01, 2020, 09:40:38 AM »
https://www.xxxx.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-abraham-buendia-18699130

Just replace 'xxxx' with the name of the paper.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 09:42:21 AM by Scott Nielsen »

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1117 on: August 01, 2020, 09:59:38 AM »
I would like us to add Pukki to Buendia. He looked great early on and would fit our style.

Offline Mister E

« Reply #1118 on: August 01, 2020, 10:19:07 AM »

Just replace 'xxxx' with the name of the paper.
Okay, I'll level with you - don't want  have that site on my search history!!

Offline nigel

« Reply #1119 on: August 01, 2020, 10:20:17 AM »

I don’t know why people do this, Mr E, why can’t they just put the proper link?  ::)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1120 on: August 01, 2020, 10:39:01 AM »
H&V word filter. Copy the link, change the xxxx to birmingham mail instead, but without the space.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1121 on: August 01, 2020, 10:49:17 AM »
E&S interview with Dean Smith available on Newsnow this morning.  Dean stating that he still wants players with Premier Division experience to add to the squad.  Speculation that we want 5 new players although no suggested players.  With the players now a year experienced, I would have thought that we might mix the experience up a bit and hopefully still pull a quality rabbit from the hat from Spain or Holland etc. If we are only going for Prem experience, it may cost us more. Also rules out players from the Championship like Benrahma, Watkins and Swift?

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #1122 on: August 01, 2020, 10:50:25 AM »
I would like us to add Pukki to Buendia. He looked great early on and would fit our style.
His goalscoring record for Schalke and Celtic was not impressive,he's a  good Championship striker in a Norwich team that creates lots of chances.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1123 on: August 01, 2020, 11:00:02 AM »
Yes we need a forward who can do a bit more than Pukki. He proved to be a limited player in the PL.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1124 on: August 01, 2020, 11:01:48 AM »
E&S interview with Dean Smith available on Newsnow this morning.  Dean stating that he still wants players with Premier Division experience to add to the squad.  Speculation that we want 5 new players although no suggested players.  With the players now a year experienced, I would have thought that we might mix the experience up a bit and hopefully still pull a quality rabbit from the hat from Spain or Holland etc. If we are only going for Prem experience, it may cost us more. Also rules out players from the Championship like Benrahma, Watkins and Swift?
I honestly think Watkins will emerge as a very good top level player.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal