collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 872527 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #1080 on: July 31, 2020, 04:57:05 PM »
We on about the Man City Stones? Surely you wouldn't get him for £20 million when they paid more than double that?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1081 on: July 31, 2020, 04:59:05 PM »
Buendia to replace Grealish perhaps.

I can't decide whether better forwards would have scored more from the chances he created or whether the chances weren't that great after all but looked good. Either way, unless we get an Abrahams type player he'd be pointless for us.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1082 on: July 31, 2020, 04:59:40 PM »
I wouldn't go near Stones, I don't think he's any better than Mings and he's just as error-prone if not moreso. 100% there is better out there for less than he'd cost. Wages also would be huge.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1083 on: July 31, 2020, 05:14:00 PM »
If jack goes then buendia would be a good replacement but I'm not sure I'd want them both in the team.

richtheholtender

« Reply #1084 on: July 31, 2020, 05:14:58 PM »
He seems to get a lot of negative press but I think he’s a decent player. If we sell Engels and upgrade to Stones or a player of premier league quality I for one would be more confident next season. Konsa has impressed me this year but if we are talking about squad depth and improving our league position an upgrade at centre half is essential.

What is equally important is we get a physical presence in front of the defence. Nobody wants instantly springs to mind (thank go it’s not my job) but someone like Jedinak at 27 would be ideal. Nkamba is decent and has his place but a big tough git would be great please.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1085 on: July 31, 2020, 05:16:48 PM »
Love the weight of his passing. Just like Jack..

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1086 on: July 31, 2020, 05:17:41 PM »
I don't think centre half is essential. Mings and Konsa look very good together and we have two centre halves as cover.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1087 on: July 31, 2020, 05:22:00 PM »
I don't think centre half is essential. Mings and Konsa look very good together and we have two centre halves as cover.

If we're strengthening in defense, left back should be the priority to push Targett down to sub and push Taylor somewhere that isn't Villa.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1088 on: July 31, 2020, 05:22:35 PM »
If jack goes then buendia would be a good replacement but I'm not sure I'd want them both in the team.

I do!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1089 on: July 31, 2020, 05:29:59 PM »

If we're strengthening in defense, left back should be the priority to push Targett down to sub and push Taylor somewhere that isn't Villa.

Not for me, happy with Targett as first choice and Taylor/Hause cover.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #1090 on: July 31, 2020, 05:39:45 PM »

Agreed. The  two other priorities for me would be a more physical player than Hourihane,we would then have a superb midfield ,and a decent upgrade on Sambatta and Davis.Add Heaton,we then should be above the likes of Burnley and Sheff U. If the funds stretch to a wide player  that would be nice.
If Grealish went ,then we would have to buy another 3 and make sure we have no weak links in the squad.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1091 on: July 31, 2020, 05:41:44 PM »
At least one wide player is essential, I reckon. I'd like two, but not even getting one would be madness. And at least two forwards. So if one doesn't work, the other might. No putting all our eggs in one basket again.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1092 on: July 31, 2020, 06:14:25 PM »
I could see Buendia happening. Smith's supposedly been after him for a few windows now and seems very realistic now.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1093 on: July 31, 2020, 06:21:02 PM »
If Norwich had a quick, good finisher up front, they would not have finished bottom!  Buendia's passing is very good.  I'd be very happy with him in the squad, whether Jack is here or not.  I quite like Jon Swift too.  Get him in as well, especially for the fee they are talking about as I reckon Villa will improve him. Squad player, rather than starter, replacement on the bench for Hoorah Henri.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1094 on: July 31, 2020, 06:29:02 PM »
I have no issue with Buendia, i think he's a very good player, but I think him and Jack are too similar, I think a winger who gets in the box and scores goals (i.e. a better version of trez) is the most important signing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal