collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864541 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #1035 on: July 30, 2020, 09:19:20 PM »
Not a huge Mitrovic fan. Was hoping we would be moving onto "wow" signings ny now, rather than those that will do a job. I don't want to spend every season battling to finish seventeenth. If we are going to challenge near the top end of the league a striker likely costs around £50 million. Noone is going be spending that sort of cash on Mitrovic.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1036 on: July 30, 2020, 09:20:18 PM »
Good shout above on the GK and on the København (as they call it) the once highly rated , product of Ajax , Viktor Fischer being a villa signing all day long.

This guy promised big things few years ago , middelsboro signed him but was largely underwhelming , disappointing and didn't score in league that one season there (relegation)

Get this though Fischer one and only goal came at villa park in a pre season friendly .
At 26 this may be the type of signing villa take from Lange previous employers. An attacking midfielder, winger  who despite previous failure in England , circumstances didn't suit , could be a gamble I think we all know signing Viktor depends on Fischer price  :P
???

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #1037 on: July 30, 2020, 09:20:48 PM »
We're not likely to raise much through sales, though players like AEG and Trez are probably available for the right price and one, preferably both, need to be upgraded.

But we're surely not looking for gems to develop or players to take a punt on. I think we want three or four 'proven' players, i.e. in the £20m+ or maybe two over £30m and two over £10m.

Assuming Jack stays then I guess about £15-20m from disposals and then c.£70m net spend. If that is how it pans out, I think we trust Heaton to come back as good as before even if he doesn't start the season.

In order of priority - as close to a reliable goalscorer as our budget will get. Then a centre-half and attacking wide player. Then a DCM and a fullback (probably left-back).

Davis to go on loan, keep Wesley and Samatta and bin Drinkwater and a few others.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1038 on: July 30, 2020, 09:22:04 PM »
Not a huge Mitrovic fan. Was hoping we would be moving onto "wow" signings ny now, rather than those that will do a job. I don't want to spend every season battling to finish seventeenth. If we are going to challenge near the top end of the league a striker likely costs around £50 million. Noone is going be spending that sort of cash on Mitrovic.

And we are unlikely to be spending £50m on a striker either

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1039 on: July 30, 2020, 10:10:57 PM »
Good shout above on the GK and on the København (as they call it) the once highly rated , product of Ajax , Viktor Fischer being a villa signing all day long.

This guy promised big things few years ago , middelsboro signed him but was largely underwhelming , disappointing and didn't score in league that one season there (relegation)

Get this though Fischer one and only goal came at villa park in a pre season friendly .
At 26 this may be the type of signing villa take from Lange previous employers. An attacking midfielder, winger  who despite previous failure in England , circumstances didn't suit , could be a gamble I think we all know signing Viktor depends on Fischer price  :P
???

Because we have a Danish DOF we'll be better placed to sign Danes who have failed here before, I think?

It's untapped bounty for sure.

As much low hanging fruit as that market will clearly provide I hope Coulhard extends the search a wee bit further. Let's be greedy.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1040 on: July 30, 2020, 10:12:35 PM »

???

Because we have a Danish DOF we'll be better placed to sign Danes who have failed here before, I think?

It's untapped bounty for sure.

The glorious return of Jores Okore and Niklas Helenius.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1041 on: July 30, 2020, 11:09:14 PM »
Can't see anything wrong with Footy's idea. Not that unfeasible that Lange might go back in for a player he has signed before, who was once very highly thought of at Ajax, or that if we do go back in for any players Lange knows from Denmark it'll be a Fischer type of profile with something to prove in a higher league.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1042 on: July 30, 2020, 11:58:12 PM »
Oh absolutely. I hope we're aware of all the Danish strays who deserve a second chance at knockdown, low low prices.  I also hope we cast the net a bit wider. Don't think that's particularly leftfield, but let's see.

As an aside, it shows how messed up football is when you can acquire Brendan Rodgers at £10 million a year (based on his current contract), Abraham for a fee prob in the £40 million bracket based on recent dealings but you can pick up a sporting director - the guy who coordinates the whole thing - for a fraction of that. 

It's the one position you probably don't want to skimp on.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #1043 on: July 31, 2020, 05:37:33 AM »
Oh absolutely. I hope we're aware of all the Danish strays who deserve a second chance at knockdown, low low prices.  I also hope we cast the net a bit wider. Don't think that's particularly leftfield, but let's see.

As an aside, it shows how messed up football is when you can acquire Brendan Rodgers at £10 million a year (based on his current contract), Abraham for a fee prob in the £40 million bracket based on recent dealings but you can pick up a sporting director - the guy who coordinates the whole thing - for a fraction of that. 

It's the one position you probably don't want to skimp on.
I had always presumed that Director of Football was just the role of patsy who would take the fall to protect the Chief Executive when it all went tits up or, at least, fell short of expectations.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1044 on: July 31, 2020, 09:38:25 AM »
off topic but got my ST refund email last night - for some reason they have split the refund into six payments spread over a week or so. Is this to comply with some accounting proceedure?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1045 on: July 31, 2020, 09:47:57 AM »
It's split up into the six remaining home games. Not sure why.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1046 on: July 31, 2020, 10:02:32 AM »
Who's this Noone? He always gets a mention. Must be loaded though if he's prepared to spend 50 million on Mitrovic

Offline nigel

« Reply #1047 on: July 31, 2020, 10:29:59 AM »
Who's this Noone? He always gets a mention. Must be loaded though if he's prepared to spend 50 million on Mitrovic

Must be getting good royalties from him Herman’s Hermits days

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #1048 on: July 31, 2020, 10:56:59 AM »

Must be getting good royalties from him Herman’s Hermits days

Something tells me he's into something good.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #1049 on: July 31, 2020, 10:58:43 AM »
After Tammy has taken all of his Chelsea references off his Instagram profile, I'd be calling Chelsea asap.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal