collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 872401 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread
« Reply #900 on: July 28, 2020, 01:59:10 PM »
Exciting pacey winger x 2 is essential.

Not if Grealish stays.  Just the one needed in that scenario.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #901 on: July 28, 2020, 02:03:05 PM »
Of the relegated teams, I've always liked Doucoure at Watford. He's a good footballer and a bloody unit, would beef up the middle of the park where we need it and probably wouldn't cost the earth. 27 as well, so plenty in the tank.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #902 on: July 28, 2020, 02:03:30 PM »
Two for me. Would rather have Grealish and two wingers. Grealish is wasted out wide.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #903 on: July 28, 2020, 02:09:42 PM »
Exciting pacey winger x 2 is essential.

Not if Grealish stays.  Just the one needed in that scenario.

Yep, especially if we get a striker who could be pushed out wide if needed as well. That's how I'd be approaching this, a forward in the mould of Aubamayang who can play anywhere across the pitch and a winger who can go inside and out from either wing would be perfect. I've already given the names of the 2 I'd be after (Volland and Thuram) a couple of times, I think they'd be perfect for what we need to add.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #904 on: July 28, 2020, 02:13:37 PM »
St Maximum £30 million from Newcastle? he is essential to them, and isnt going anywhere.

There must be some Bournemouth players that could be worth poaching. None spring to mind atm though.

Brooks and Callum Wilson...Ake will go to a top 8 club I would think..

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #905 on: July 28, 2020, 02:54:50 PM »
Looks like Eze is off to Palace - real shame if true.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #906 on: July 28, 2020, 02:56:57 PM »
Looks like Eze is off to Palace - real shame if true.

probably relying on the Zaha money as they have not got much money CP but no way wil they get 70 million for Zaha

Offline paul_e

« Reply #907 on: July 28, 2020, 02:59:10 PM »
I really like the look of Eze but I'm not sure he'd be the right option for us this season, I think we need players a year or 2 further down the line than him. If he does go to Palace I wouldn't expect a massive impact next season, it'll take him a while to get up to speed just like a number of our players this year.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #908 on: July 28, 2020, 03:14:48 PM »
During the shutdown I wasn't really interested in the season restarting and was rather apathetic about whether we stayed up or not. Now football has returned and we have stayed up I wish the new season could begin today. I really think we have a chance to push on now.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #909 on: July 28, 2020, 03:36:39 PM »
St Maximum £30 million from Newcastle? he is essential to them, and isnt going anywhere.

There must be some Bournemouth players that could be worth poaching. None spring to mind atm though.

Brooks and Callum Wilson...Ake will go to a top 8 club I would think..

Callum Wilson, if he can stay fit, would be great for us. Hasn't had the best of seasons but generally over the last 3-4 years has been excellent.

Wouldn't cost the earth either.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #910 on: July 28, 2020, 04:02:38 PM »
I'm not interested in Wilson, something about him makes me think of Gabby and I'm not sure what it is or why, probably that he looked promising and then just stood still as a player all through the time where he should've been reaching his peak.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #911 on: July 28, 2020, 04:09:54 PM »
Zaha screams Everton.

He does doesn’t he. Dinosaur’s graveyard.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #912 on: July 28, 2020, 04:34:38 PM »
During the shutdown I wasn't really interested in the season restarting and was rather apathetic about whether we stayed up or not. Now football has returned and we have stayed up I wish the new season could begin today. I really think we have a chance to push on now.

I know what you mean, I still don't think it was the right thing to do even though we benefited the most from it. I worry about football carrying on without the crowds, it's sets a dangerous precedent for the TV companies to exploit. Why not play matches at 11pm or 7am? Suits the worldwide TV market etc and fans can watch at home, we don't need them.....

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #913 on: July 28, 2020, 04:48:32 PM »

Billing, Fraser and perhaps Wilson.

The same Fraser who literally downed tools for them in the middle of a relegation scrap? Definite no for me. That St Maxime (sic) guy looks a far better prospect than Zaha for one.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #914 on: July 28, 2020, 05:01:46 PM »

I know what you mean, I still don't think it was the right thing to do even though we benefited the most from it. I worry about football carrying on without the crowds, it's sets a dangerous precedent for the TV companies to exploit. Why not play matches at 11pm or 7am? Suits the worldwide TV market etc and fans can watch at home, we don't need them.....

I'm in about the same place, I don't think the season should've been finished in this way. To offer the simplest reason for that would Bournemouth have been relegated if Fraser hadn't effectively made himself unavailablr for a quarter of their games? Would we have got the same results we did if McGinn had missed our last 10 games? I said all along that I thought we'd stay up if the games were played but that I just didn't agree with it if the games weren't done by the end of June and I stick by that. That's not even going into the very real argument of what this means for scheduling going forward.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal