collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864654 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread
« Reply #795 on: July 27, 2020, 04:33:23 PM »
Bloody hell, if Davis’ record doesn’t already scream it, let’s be very honest. He isn’t a Prem - or even Championship for that matter - striker in a million years. Willing worker, yes and probably a real pain to mark for his physicality but he doesn’t score goals, which is a key flaw in the plan for a striker.

I know he hasn’t, and won’t, but if playing him allowed 5 of the wingers and midfielders to hit double figures he’d be a worthwhile option.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #796 on: July 27, 2020, 04:47:36 PM »
but he won't do that either. We need so much better than Wes Samatta and Davis.

Offline frank black

« Reply #797 on: July 27, 2020, 05:40:54 PM »
First signing announcement

Carney Chukwuemeka Signs professional contract

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #798 on: July 27, 2020, 05:42:48 PM »
Good. He's very highly rated.

Offline frank black

« Reply #799 on: July 27, 2020, 05:45:20 PM »

Looking at the clips he looks excellent receiving and keeping the ball. Very silky.

We can sell him now and retire his shirt number

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #800 on: July 27, 2020, 05:53:01 PM »
Great news, he's one of 3-4 that I can see being involved with the first team through the season.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #801 on: July 27, 2020, 05:53:47 PM »

Looking at the clips he looks excellent receiving and keeping the ball. Very silky.

We can sell him now and retire his shirt number
There’s no room for a shirt number, not with all those letters in his name

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #803 on: July 27, 2020, 06:00:08 PM »
What’s the “warchest”? £100m £150m more... that’s before Jack’s future is sorted.

I love a good war chest.
I'm a pacifist.....I just love a good  chest

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #804 on: July 27, 2020, 06:55:20 PM »
Still have a lot of holes to fill in the side for next season, so it may be a case of having to prioritise.  Key areas for me are experienced players to partner Mings and Luiz respectively (though Konsa had a good end to the season).  Then it has to be a quality striker, wide player and possibly an attacking midfielder, in that order.

I'm still far from convinced by our full backs, but we may need to prioritise other areas. 
I suppose arguing about the order of priority is a bit academic, but I'm amazed you think a centre back is more important to us than strikers and wide players.  Surely those are the biggest holes in our squad?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #805 on: July 27, 2020, 07:03:23 PM »
Flog Wes and Samatta. 

Add £100m and buy two quality strikers to rotate with Davis.   Davis will come good.  It’s a confidence thing. 

Also flog Trez and AEG and buy one proper pacey winger. 

Simple this football lark. 

See it’s interesting, and I’m genuinely not having a go, but why couldn’t Wesley’s issues be down to confidence and why is Davis a better bet? Personally I’ve seen more in Wesley than in Davis.
Agreed, altohugh I'd agree that he is not the answer (on his own) to our goals-challenge.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 07:08:01 PM by Mister E »

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #806 on: July 27, 2020, 07:06:51 PM »
Great news, he's one of 3-4 that I can see being need to be involved with the first team through the season.
... if we want to develop long-term quality from within as well as through the 'cheque-book'.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #807 on: July 27, 2020, 07:12:58 PM »
Flog Wes and Samatta. 

Add £100m and buy two quality strikers to rotate with Davis.   Davis will come good.  It’s a confidence thing. 

See it’s interesting, and I’m genuinely not having a go, but why couldn’t Wesley’s issues be down to confidence and why is Davis a better bet? Personally I’ve seen more in Wesley than in Davis.
Agreed.

Very short memories. Wesley offered nothing as a lone front man. Couldn’t hold the ball up, got muscled out of most things and often just fell to floor and pretended to be injured. He was awful barring 3 games!
At least Davis give us something. 
If we can get anywhere near our money back for Wesley then we should sell, learn from our mistakes and try again!

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #808 on: July 27, 2020, 07:14:19 PM »
Great news, he's one of 3-4 that I can see being need to be involved with the first team through the season.
... if we want to develop long-term quality from within as well as through the 'cheque-book'.

I'd agree with that amendment. Archer and Barry are 2 of the players I have in the group which is why I don't like the idea of 2 more strikers coming in.

Offline frank black

« Reply #809 on: July 27, 2020, 07:19:43 PM »
Flog Wes and Samatta. 

Agreed.

Very short memories. Wesley offered nothing as a lone front man. Couldn’t hold the ball up, got muscled out of most things and often just fell to floor and pretended to be injured. He was awful barring 3 games!
At least Davis give us something. 
If we can get anywhere near our money back for Wesley then we should sell, learn from our mistakes and try again!

Wesley won’t be going anywhere due to his injury. Earliest would be January and even that may be too soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal