collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864514 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread
« Reply #735 on: July 27, 2020, 12:15:07 PM »
Even the Chinese won't be buying nags with a broken leg

Then again...

Let's see how his rehab goes. Maybe he'll make similar progress to Luiz with more time at the club.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #736 on: July 27, 2020, 12:18:55 PM »
It looks like Manure are going all out for Jadon Sancho so hopefully they will leave Jack alone.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #737 on: July 27, 2020, 12:22:05 PM »
I'm hoping we'll break our record transfer fee at least 2 or 3 times this summer.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #738 on: July 27, 2020, 12:23:44 PM »
Wesley is better than both Samatta and Davis. Why would we sell him first?
I don't think anybody would buy him until he's proved his fitness.  But personally I don't hink he's anywhere near good enough for the PL and doubt he ever will be.  If we could recoup the money paid then we should be biting hands off.  Hopefully he'll prove me very wrong next season, but I saw nothing in him at all that led me to believe he can be what we need going forward.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #739 on: July 27, 2020, 12:26:02 PM »
Pace pace and more pace in attacking players needed. A massive CM to firm us up and make us nastier (Doucoure or Billing)
Brentford don’t go up then we have to deal Benrahma ASAP

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #740 on: July 27, 2020, 12:33:45 PM »
We have to look at moving Samatta on, and loan Davis out too. Keep Wes - he’d need to prove his fitness before we could even think of selling even if we wanted to - I think there is a player there, unlike Samatta in my opinion.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #741 on: July 27, 2020, 12:36:46 PM »
especially after Samatta saying he's going nowhere. Well in one sense, he's right.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #742 on: July 27, 2020, 12:54:53 PM »
I don't think anybody would buy him until he's proved his fitness.  But personally I don't hink he's anywhere near good enough for the PL and doubt he ever will be.  If we could recoup the money paid then we should be biting hands off.  Hopefully he'll prove me very wrong next season, but I saw nothing in him at all that led me to believe he can be what we need going forward.

There was a lot missing with him, like positional sense etc and lots to improve. Saying that with all the problems he still scored 6 goals by New Year’s Day, which is more than Samatta or Davies have ever looked like scoring. I think he’ll stay, Hopefully improve and become a player for us, a bit like Luiz who didn’t really look like he could cut it before lockdown. However we can’t make the same mistake again if relying on Wes as the main man, he has to be back up to someone whose more of the finished article.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #743 on: July 27, 2020, 12:57:57 PM »

There was a lot missing with him, like positional sense etc and lots to improve. Saying that with all the problems he still scored 6 goals by New Year’s Day, which is more than Samatta or Davies have ever looked like scoring. I think he’ll stay, Hopefully improve and become a player for us, a bit like Luiz who didn’t really look like he could cut it before lockdown. However we can’t make the same mistake again if relying on Wes as the main man, he has to be back up to someone whose more of the finished article.
Put a decent co-striker alongside him and he'll be fine.
Certainly a better prospect than Samatta.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #744 on: July 27, 2020, 01:02:02 PM »

We don't play with 2 strikers. 

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #745 on: July 27, 2020, 01:03:41 PM »

We don't play with 2 strikers. 

Playing with one would be a start.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #746 on: July 27, 2020, 01:04:22 PM »
If we keep hold of the quality already on board, I'd be very happy with Tammy and Tuanzebe, plus pace out wide.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #747 on: July 27, 2020, 01:06:55 PM »
Abraham and Tuanzebe both did well for us but I'm not sure we should go back for either. I suspect people,will call for us to sign the former every window for the next few years though.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #748 on: July 27, 2020, 01:11:37 PM »
If we keep hold of the quality already on board, I'd be very happy with Tammy and Tuanzebe, plus pace out wide.

If we hadn’t signed Konsa last season I’d have been happy with Tuanzebe. Don’t want to be in a position again where we integrating too many players with limited top flight experience.

Bringing in someone like Shane Duffy or Evans at Leicester (or a player of similar age/profile) gives us that experience but also means Konsa can see an opening to be a first team regular in a year or two.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #749 on: July 27, 2020, 01:12:04 PM »
We definitely need two strikers, both proven as well. Ideally not plying their trade in Belgium, either.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal