collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864466 times)

Online nigel

Re: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread
« Reply #420 on: July 19, 2020, 10:49:17 AM »
I’d be getting Joe Lolley, Che Adams and Marc Albrighton. Making Luiz skipper and selling Grealish and Mings. We’d piss the league
You list 3 players that would definitely add some quality to our squad; could also do with a speedster.

Che Adams is not a bad shout. is he getting any time at Southampton?
I think him and Wesley/Davis would make a good pairing up front.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #421 on: July 19, 2020, 10:53:56 AM »
Speed and physical presence are also required.  Che Adams is a good shout up front.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #422 on: July 19, 2020, 10:59:36 AM »
I've never rated him. He possibly had his one good season like Gestede and got a big move out of it. I'd look elsewhere personally.

Offline garyellis

« Reply #423 on: July 19, 2020, 11:08:22 AM »
I wouldn't sell anyone other than Jack. Both McGinn and Mings are on long contracts there is no need to sell. If either fancy a season on the bench then that would be up to them. We need to make a statement if we go down that we will be coming straight back up and stronger.
I can't see the owners wanting/demanding anything less.
A goal scorer and some pace in the team with the cash from Jack is essential.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #424 on: July 19, 2020, 11:10:07 AM »
I wouldn't sell anyone other than Jack. Both McGinn and Mings are on long contracts there is no need to sell. If either fancy a season on the bench then that would be up to them. We need to make a statement if we go down that we will be coming straight back up and stronger.

Maybe players will have clauses enabling them to leave in the event or relegation.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #425 on: July 19, 2020, 11:17:38 AM »
Speed and physical presence are also required.  Che Adams is a good shout up front.

My strategy with the strikers would be to utilise Wesley, Samatta and Davis in the championship.  I think between them, they are good enough to fill the central striker role.  The key bit is to sign wingers that can provide a goal threat.  The model being that Wesley is Firmino, we just need to find our Mane and Salah style players.

Once promoted I suspect that Abraham will be available having got bored of being on the bench for a whole season.

Offline garyellis

« Reply #426 on: July 19, 2020, 11:22:52 AM »

Maybe players will have clauses enabling them to leave in the event or relegation.
The only one I can think of would be Douglas Luiz nobody else including Mings and McGinn. There is no way we did our business last summer exposing us to the mercy of relegation clauses. In fact just the opposite with potential reductions in the wage bill if we get relegated.

Offline steamer

« Reply #427 on: July 19, 2020, 04:26:33 PM »
Is Jack a done deal ?
Is there a release clause for relegation or a price let out ?
If we stay up, surely there is a contract in place.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #428 on: July 19, 2020, 05:42:37 PM »
I honestly think he's off regardless - who knows it might be a cathartic moment similar to when Gray left and we rebuilt with the money.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #429 on: July 19, 2020, 05:53:07 PM »

My strategy with the strikers would be to utilise Wesley, Samatta and Davis in the championship.  I think between them, they are good enough to fill the central striker role.  The key bit is to sign wingers that can provide a goal threat.  The model being that Wesley is Firmino, we just need to find our Mane and Salah style players.

Once promoted I suspect that Abraham will be available having got bored of being on the bench for a whole season.

I don’t see it in Davis. He just doesn’t look like he’s going to score.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #430 on: July 19, 2020, 06:07:46 PM »
I reckon once he gets one he'll be off and running.  Maybe not in this league, but in the next step down.

Even in this league, his all-round game has looked good - and that's against decent defenders when he's often outnumbered and has had next to no service.

We go down and I hope he recaptures his form of the first part of the 17/18 season.  We stay up, I'd look to loan him out and see if he can get a run of games and build some confidence.

Offline KevinGage

« Reply #431 on: July 19, 2020, 06:14:06 PM »
I honestly think he's off regardless - who knows it might be a cathartic moment similar to when Gray left and we rebuilt with the money.

I have a feeling Jack and McGinn could be off even if we stay up.  I was more bothered about that a few months ago, now less so.

They both look like they're playing within themselves since the restart.  In McGinn's case it could just readapting after a long-term injury.  But if the speculation has got to both and they're envisioning themselves playing elsewhere, let them at it.

Should we stay up, we should still get top dollar for both and will be in a good position to attract better quality for the rebuild.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 06:17:42 PM by KevinGage »

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #432 on: July 19, 2020, 06:19:46 PM »
Should we stay up, we should still get top dollar for both and will be in a good position to attract better quality for the rebuild.
Better than Jack and SJM?

Offline KevinGage

« Reply #433 on: July 19, 2020, 06:21:49 PM »
No, better quality than what will be available to us as a Championship club.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #434 on: July 19, 2020, 06:22:59 PM »
No, better quality than what will be available to us as a Championship club.
Ah, yes, see your point.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal