collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864284 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread
« Reply #375 on: July 16, 2020, 05:01:26 PM »
£50 million my arse!

I'd like to see your arse first before parting with that kind of money.

Offline WassallVillain

« Reply #376 on: July 16, 2020, 10:46:13 PM »
I’d be very underwhelmed with Axel. As someone said earlier great recovery pace, and it must be said we do need that, but very lacking in the main centre back necessity of heading. Add to that made of glass.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #377 on: July 16, 2020, 10:53:01 PM »
I’d be very underwhelmed with Axel. As someone said earlier great recovery pace, and it must be said we do need that, but very lacking in the main centre back necessity of heading. Add to that made of glass.

I agree with you. I think he is no better than Konsa and will prevent Konsa's growth within the squad.  That said, it may not be Tuanzebe.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #378 on: July 16, 2020, 11:35:37 PM »

I agree with you. I think he is no better than Konsa and will prevent Konsa's growth within the squad.  That said, it may not be Tuanzebe.

Personally i think Konsa is a better player but Tuanzebe is slightly quicker and that masks a lot of problems.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #379 on: July 17, 2020, 06:29:29 AM »
Axel has the structural integrity of melted chocolate. A no from me.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #380 on: July 17, 2020, 07:08:23 AM »
I agree with some of the above posters that there is no chance in hell mings is here next season. His heads been turned and he's not interested. The fee is the only stumbling block but I highly doubt we will even see him ponce around villa Park with his pointless momentum killing balls back to the keeper from the halfway line or total disinterested approach to the game.
He's been a totally different player since his England debut and it saddens me to say it but I don't want him here after his capitulation in form. Konsa on the other hand will come good im sure. But he needs a better partner than mings to learn off and be organised by. A John Terry style centre back and leader would have Konsa come on in leaps and bounds!

Offline Gary Penrice

« Reply #381 on: July 17, 2020, 09:57:25 AM »
A striker who can score goals would be nice!

Offline levico

« Reply #382 on: July 17, 2020, 10:06:08 AM »
A striker who can score goals would be nice!

Absolutely. I had come to the conclusion that Samatta might be a handy asset in the Championship but his recent form leads me to think that he’d struggle in League 2.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #383 on: July 17, 2020, 10:12:31 AM »
I thought Samatta looked decent before the lockdown but since we've been back, he's looking like a player who's playing his first games and struggling to adjust to the league. I think he's worth persevering with personally.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #384 on: July 18, 2020, 11:47:49 AM »
I agree with some of the above posters that there is no chance in hell mings is here next season. His heads been turned and he's not interested. The fee is the only stumbling block but I highly doubt we will even see him ponce around villa Park with his pointless momentum killing balls back to the keeper from the halfway line or total disinterested approach to the game.
He's been a totally different player since his England debut and it saddens me to say it but I don't want him here after his capitulation in form. Konsa on the other hand will come good im sure. But he needs a better partner than mings to learn off and be organised by. A John Terry style centre back and leader would have Konsa come on in leaps and bounds!

I just think this is incredibly harsh on Mings. I think he struggles more next to Hause with playing as 2 left footers, than he does with Konsa, but it is easy to forget that until he signed, he'd played much of his professional career at left back.

When we go down he will almost certainly go because of keeping his England squad place, which will be a shame. I do think Konsa has incredible potential though, and Hause is a much better player than people give him credit for. Get Engels fit and replace Mings with an experienced centre half we will have enough at the back next season. Our biggest mistake this season was taking Engels over Cahill, who would have helped Mings through the season.

If Bruce wants McGinn, to that knob head its £40 million minimum.

Jack will go anyway, but after those 3 and Doug back to Man City we need to draw the line, replace them well and move on. Get some pace out wide, potentially sell Samatta and buy a Gayle type that will get you 20 plus goals in the champ, and walk it.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2020, 11:54:40 AM »
Grealish, McGinn, Mings, and Luiz should collect over 100m for the club. The owners will no doubt add to the pot, and with parachute payments, we have an exciting (short!) summer ahead. If they stick with Dean, its a huge gamble and he has to have final say over who comes in.

this season could yet be the dawn of a better future.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2020, 12:01:16 PM »
When can clubs buy players?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2020, 12:08:50 PM »
Mings, Grealish, McGinn, Trezeguet, Luiz, Engels are all likely to go. Samatta and Nakamba I'd sell anyway. Bree, Taylor, Elmo, Nyland, Hourihane, Lansbury, Jota and Davis in their final year of contracts. You could be looking at replacing more than 10 players again, including more than half the first team. It's a massive rebuild, again. One I don't think the recruitment team/scouts are up to.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #388 on: July 18, 2020, 12:14:49 PM »
I think Engels might stay under a new manager, and some of the players with one year left on their contract would still be able to contribute, even if they don't renew their deals, just as Hutton, Jedinak, Adomah, Elphick and Whelan did.

Didn't realise Hot Lips' deal was nearly due up, I must admit. I'd definitely be offering him a new deal as, while not the greatest midfielder of all time, he is too good to walk out on a free.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 12:17:23 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2020, 12:31:46 PM »
McGinn linked to the Barcodes on today's BBC rumours page; inevitably.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal