collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 873335 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Summer/Autumn Transfer Thread & Championship Plotting
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2020, 04:32:01 PM »
Eberechi Oluchi Eze From QPR for a start.

I just said his name and my furniture started floating.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2020, 04:35:12 PM »
I'm guessing Gayle only has a year left at Newcastle? Hasn't played much this season but can score 20 + with his eyes closed at championship level. Becomes the squad striker if we come straight back up.

Can see Joe Lolley being a serious target if Forest don't go up. Direct option out wide who can chip in with goals.

Try to find a reliable CB out of favour at prem club like Chester last time. Mentioned Ryan Bennett a few weeks ago, Wolves will sell for 5m.

If DS stays can see Ryan Woods being a target given he likes to sign former players. Think he's on loan at Millwall from Stoke.

Use loan market, odd player from abroad etc.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2020, 04:39:28 PM »
On loan at Millwall from Stoke, fucking hell.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2020, 04:40:02 PM »
Defensively I think its alright. Heaton is what you need down there. Guilbert is a good player, Targett was pivotal with Fulham and the centre halves are ok.

Douge anchoring is good and we know what Connor does and does not bring, but you'd still have him there in the squad.

Going forwards though its pretty horrible, albeit El Ghazi is fine at that level and I suspect we'd flog Trez.
Heaton I like.  Guilbert I like.  Targett could be useful because teams down there are not likely to attack as much.  I'd like an experienced centre back next to Engels (assuming Dean goes and Engels comes back into the fold).

Conor was hit and miss last season and it'll be exactly the same next season.  Squad, rather than first team, for me.  Nkamba, who knows?  He hasn't impressed me that much.  Luiz will be our trump card assuming he stays.

AEG was hit and miss last season too.  He had a fine end to the season but before that not so much.  Trez is shit.

Wesley, Davis, Samatta.  They're all basically the same player.  Flog one if we can and get two pace merchants in.

Jack will be impossible to replace.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2020, 04:48:20 PM »
At Championship level the current squad net of the 2 or 3 key players we will lose will be just fine. That is good enough to compete at the top end of the table with a good manager. What we need to ensure is that the players we bring in add pace and energy. There are players like McGinn our there who stood out at that level. If/when we get back up the recruitment needs to far, far better. Not numbers. But genuine quality.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2020, 04:50:47 PM »
On loan at Millwall from Stoke, fucking hell.

Well everyone was raving about him in his Brentford days on here. Stoke move simply didn't work out.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2020, 04:53:03 PM »
We absolutely need pace irrespective of what league we’re in.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2020, 05:07:12 PM »
I look skyward, I see no vultures...
Re the £100m funding, I'm not so sure. On what they've produced in this division, I don't envisage many suitors for either Mings or McGinn. The latter's made as much impression as Brett Holman, ie quite good up until December. Bruce might take him off our hands for what we paid. And I'd be surprised if any teams above Brighton currently think Mings is an answer to their problems.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2020, 05:10:27 PM »
Agreed -  the only real asset we have is Grealish. Doug will go too I think. It would be typical of us to bring in Gayle and the cnut tops coring.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2020, 05:13:02 PM »
edit - stops scoring!

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2020, 05:14:42 PM »
Don't see Luiz dropping down a division and stopping with us. For the relative pittance of the buyback fee, Citeh will prob have him back and loan him out again.

Much as he's been ropey for us, Engels has played in the top division in France and Belgium so will have offers from elsewhere. We'll probably sell at a loss there.

Heaton I don't see demanding to leave. But on Premier League wages, we'd prob need to consider any reasonable offers.

So those departures plus the more obvious ones like Grealish, McGinn and Mings mean we'll effectively be starting from scratch.

Wesley could be the wildcard.  Depending on where he's at with his rehab, we might get the benefit of him up until the January transfer window.  A letdown in the top flight, but one division down might be a different story altogether.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2020, 05:22:06 PM »
Yes I can’t see Douglas staying sadly.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2020, 05:25:05 PM »
I think Mings and SJM will go.  Okay neither has had a stellar season but they have shown what they can do at their best and I'm sure some clubs will want to get them in for a relatively cheaper price.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2020, 05:41:37 PM »
Axel still nowhere near the United squad, is he injured?

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2020, 05:44:29 PM »
In fact I can very much see Douglas being this year’s Adama. We’ll look on with regret in future.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal