collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 12:06:24 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:05:38 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:01:43 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Martyn Smith
[Today at 11:59:21 AM]

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 11:01:23 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 875443 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #7980 on: September 25, 2020, 04:43:46 PM »
I don't know how true this is but someone mentioned that a lot of clubs may want to put some expenditure into the last quarter of the year, i.e. October, so may be delaying deals. Probably best to ask an accountant about that

Back before the great fug of furlough I used to delay sending new contracts into the following month if I'd already hit my targets for that month. That's almost certainly irrelevant for football transfers, however.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7981 on: September 25, 2020, 04:44:57 PM »
yeah, i don't see the significance but because we've now got a transfer deadline into October for the first time I've seen it mentioned.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #7982 on: September 25, 2020, 04:48:01 PM »
We are not going to sign Rashica -I don't think he was ever on our radar. Nor was Benrahma.

Their Chief Executive said we were after him. It may have been an elaborate lie, I suppose, but given that and all the press speculation, the idea that he was never "on our radar" seems very unlikely to me.

There has been way too much comment from a number of sources to suggest we have a firm interest. But he has every right to understand all of his options. He looks a super talent doing it in one of Europe's top leagues. So there is no doubt other clubs showing an interest. The question for him may just be money, which I have to believe we will be at or near the top, or does he go for less but playing in European competition. Something we are likely 2 years away from. At 25 he might want that now. This will go to the deadline whether or not he ends up with us.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #7983 on: September 25, 2020, 05:01:06 PM »
Maybe if your year-end was September and your budget was already allocated for (besides, transfer fees would be spread out over a player's contract presumably) but ours is May and we've got Richie Riches in charge so let's pony-up for Rashica and get him integrated for a warm, friendly locked-in Brum Christmas.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 05:05:03 PM by eamonn »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #7984 on: September 25, 2020, 05:08:02 PM »
We are not going to sign Rashica -I don't think he was ever on our radar. Nor was Benrahma.

Their Chief Executive said we were after him. It may have been an elaborate lie, I suppose, but given that and all the press speculation, the idea that he was never "on our radar" seems very unlikely to me.

There has been way too much comment from a number of sources to suggest we have a firm interest. But he has every right to understand all of his options. He looks a super talent doing it in one of Europe's top leagues. So there is no doubt other clubs showing an interest. The question for him may just be money, which I have to believe we will be at or near the top, or does he go for less but playing in European competition. Something we are likely 2 years away from. At 25 he might want that now. This will go to the deadline whether or not he ends up with us.

I' m with you on this, I suspect he's holding off to see if a club challenging for Europe in one of the big leagues comes in, there's already been interest from RB Leipzig so it's not impossible. I suspect by late next week he'll be forced to make a decision either way but we're not so desperate as to push him on it just yet.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #7985 on: September 25, 2020, 05:10:23 PM »
These pair of absolute cock ends on sky transfer centre (although should be called man u centre)
Talking absolute shit about absolutely no news

And solskjar is a clown

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #7986 on: September 25, 2020, 05:20:13 PM »
I really dislike Solskaer. He seems to be viewed quite favourably but I see him as this prickly, weird, very passive aggressive bloke. So added on to the want of usual Man Utd downfall then I really will find their season this year amusing as I don't see top 4 for them at all.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #7987 on: September 25, 2020, 05:36:56 PM »
How much would you sell El Ghazi for? We seem to over-pay a lot more than selling high, ourselves.
It's the Villa way.
How much would you sell El Ghazi for? We seem to over-pay a lot more than selling high, ourselves.
I'd want at least £15m and don't think it's unreasonable

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #7988 on: September 25, 2020, 05:40:29 PM »
I really dislike Solskaer. He seems to be viewed quite favourably but I see him as this prickly, weird, very passive aggressive bloke. So added on to the want of usual Man Utd downfall then I really will find their season this year amusing as I don't see top 4 for them at all.

How on earth he got that job 🤔😳

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #7989 on: September 25, 2020, 05:57:33 PM »
I’m not completely convinced that Milot Rashica even actually exists.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #7990 on: September 25, 2020, 05:58:06 PM »

How on earth he got that job 🤔😳

Sentiment. Under normal circumstances they'd have packed his bags and put him on a North Sea ferry whilst at the same time sending a limo to Wolverhampton to pick up Nuno Espirito Santo.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #7991 on: September 25, 2020, 06:11:11 PM »
Nuno's waiting for Lampard to get the chop.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #7992 on: September 25, 2020, 06:20:54 PM »
The Plastics had their chance this summer but now he's signed a new contract so it'll be expensive though Mendes won't mind.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #7993 on: September 25, 2020, 06:22:06 PM »
Has failed miserably Premier league so what's all the noise!
Also left back is not a priority so it's all a waste of suggesting.
You say that with great certainty, but Sessegnon may be a perfect 'compromise' opportunity - we'd have a young player with good experience and the ability to play wing and cover for LB. In fact, he's a mirror of M Cash, I'd say.
This would enable us then to concentrate on another CMF, knowing that wing and striker is covered.
Just because he has bombed at Spurrrrrrrsssss doesn't make him a bad player.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 06:25:32 PM by Mister E »

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #7994 on: September 25, 2020, 06:25:18 PM »
Last summer we signed too many players at once because we had no choice. This summer we've been much more sensible and only got 4 in but have people wanting 4-5 more which will mean once again too many new players and another season of transition.

A centre mid and attacking player is all we need from here. Attacking player is covered by Rashica/Sarr, they're not centre forwards but Watkins and Davis with Traore as a fall back is fine until Christmas when Wesley is back where we need better cover is that the only alternative to Grealish can't be AEG.

In midfield Luiz and McGinn are good options, Hourihane and Nakamba are decent squad cover and Ramsey is a good prospect but that's not enough depth. If we get a decent winger then Jack can play there sometimes but he's still not filling the big gap which is the lack of physicality in there. Loftus-Cheek (to buy or loan with a fixed fee to make it perm) would fit perfectly.

Another striker coming in would be, in my opinion, a sign that they're writing off Wesley but would also put Davis in position of needing to go out on loan for game time and put us back to the same depth we have, so I don't see the point.

Left back can wait until next summer and centre back cover is fine unless Engels is sold which I think would be a mistake.

Summed up really well.

IMO were either getting a relative marquee forward like Edouard because it becomes clear we can. Or more likely we’ll go for a winger and g tv hen interchangeable wide and forward players in Watkins, Traore and another (would think Sarr more realistic than Rashica now).
CM is important for competition for McGinn/Connor. I would love loftus cheek. As you say the rest can wait for another day.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal