collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 876550 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #7965 on: September 25, 2020, 02:38:04 PM »
Maybe a lower base fee with a sell-on. There's something in him that suggests he could go on to have a very good career at a decent level, just not sure we can be too patient with his inconsistency.

Not sure if he has the physical or mental toughness you need to make it at the top level. That farce at Southampton unfortunately exposed a very soft centre. It's a pity as talent wise he has a lot going for him but I guess Smith has ran out of patience. Did it for us at Wembley which shouldn't be forgotten when the likes of Grealish misfired. I really thought he would kick on at a higher level but didn't happen. That missed chance at Everton seemed to crucify a lot of whatever confidence was left.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7966 on: September 25, 2020, 02:42:11 PM »
I mentioned Sessegnon a few weeks back. I think he'd be perfect.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #7967 on: September 25, 2020, 03:23:23 PM »
Is Sessegnon even an option?

Not seen him linked. But Bale coming in has pushed him even further down the pecking order so would be worth asking the question.

Sky sports (I know) reported a few days ago that Spurs were willing to let him leave. I’ve not seen him linked with any clubs yet but think he’d be perfect for us.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #7968 on: September 25, 2020, 03:31:57 PM »
Ndidi is going to be a big miss for Leicester.

Hopefully out when we get to play them.

Yes although this is not transfer to help ease your concerns he's out for 2 to 3 months so he will be way out of it !

I think we could do with someone like that 

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #7969 on: September 25, 2020, 03:42:06 PM »
Is Sessegnon even an option?

Not seen him linked. But Bale coming in has pushed him even further down the pecking order so would be worth asking the question.

Sky sports (I know) reported a few days ago that Spurs were willing to let him leave. I’ve not seen him linked with any clubs yet but think he’d be perfect for us.

They also bought that “Bergwein” - no idea how it is spelt - who is a AML so they’re well stocked.

He covers two positions but it’d mean dealing with Levy... mind you they’re not getting any income from crowds (NFL etc) in their stadium so might be desperate.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #7970 on: September 25, 2020, 03:45:19 PM »
Now we are all on the understanding that Milo Rashica will be signed once we put up the reguired amount. So that one looks a matter of time .

We are?

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #7971 on: September 25, 2020, 04:06:14 PM »
Well if we are , we are dragging it out

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #7972 on: September 25, 2020, 04:14:12 PM »
Trust in Footy-Vill!

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #7973 on: September 25, 2020, 04:14:57 PM »
The problem with Wesley is that he looked absolutely shit for long periods of last season. I'm sure he can improve and there is a player there, but maybe Smith just doesn't rate him. If so then Brewster is worth pursuing.
His shitness was as much to do with the poor service and lack of runners around him. Watkins and Traore will make him much more effective.

Not sure about that, his positioning and movement was poor and control worse.

Think it is definitely worth having another look at him when he returns from injury and hopefully we'll have the luxury of being able to ease him back in.  Would be interested to see him in a pairing with Watkins or Davis, as he looked a bit lost up front on his own.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #7974 on: September 25, 2020, 04:23:56 PM »
We are not going to sign Rashica -I don't think he was ever on our radar. Nor was Benrahma.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7975 on: September 25, 2020, 04:24:28 PM »
The problem with Wesley is that he looked absolutely shit for long periods of last season. I'm sure he can improve and there is a player there, but maybe Smith just doesn't rate him. If so then Brewster is worth pursuing.
His shitness was as much to do with the poor service and lack of runners around him. Watkins and Traore will make him much more effective.

Not sure about that, his positioning and movement was poor and control worse.

Think it is definitely worth having another look at him when he returns from injury and hopefully we'll have the luxury of being able to ease him back in.  Would be interested to see him in a pairing with Watkins or Davis, as he looked a bit lost up front on his own.

I watched the highlights of the Everton home game from last season last week, his run and finish for the first goal were superb, as was his control and flick over the defenders head in the build up to the second.

He can play, lets see how he gets on with quality around him before writing him off.

Online CT Villan

« Reply #7976 on: September 25, 2020, 04:32:20 PM »
Just a thought, but what if Villa are the ones delaying the Rashica transfer because conversations are ongoing with Sarr and he would be our preferred choice ?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7977 on: September 25, 2020, 04:39:18 PM »
I don't know how true this is but someone mentioned that a lot of clubs may want to put some expenditure into the last quarter of the year, i.e. October, so may be delaying deals. Probably best to ask an accountant about that

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #7978 on: September 25, 2020, 04:42:13 PM »
I don't see what the benefit of doing that from an accounting point of view would be. It's still the same financial year.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #7979 on: September 25, 2020, 04:43:38 PM »
We are not going to sign Rashica -I don't think he was ever on our radar. Nor was Benrahma.

Their Chief Executive said we were after him. It may have been an elaborate lie, I suppose, but given that and all the press speculation, the idea that he was never "on our radar" seems very unlikely to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal