collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome by KevinGage
[Today at 05:31:43 AM]

Reserves and Academy 2020-21 by eamonn
[Today at 01:27:14 AM]

Ross Barkley - signed by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 12:59:17 AM]

Photo ID now required to purchase tickets by purpletrousers
[Today at 12:19:20 AM]

VAR by The Edge
[November 23, 2020, 11:40:31 PM]

Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving by Brazilian Villain
[November 23, 2020, 11:37:13 PM]

Favourite villa song / chant by Percy McCarthy
[November 23, 2020, 11:35:49 PM]

Other clubs' managers by dcdavecollett
[November 23, 2020, 11:34:29 PM]

November 23, 2020, 04:23:08 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 180 | Comments: 1

These days a ten year old is l...
November 20, 2020, 12:28:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 417 | Comments: 3

In the euphoria of the resumpt...
November 18, 2020, 11:57:57 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 388 | Comments: 2

By Christmas 1936 those who ex...
November 05, 2020, 12:10:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1140 | Comments: 8

This weekend sees the thirtiet...
October 28, 2020, 02:06:34 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1015 | Comments: 8

[url=https://ibb.c...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 506284 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #7515 on: September 21, 2020, 10:35:57 AM »
Rashica IN...

before the (next) Lock(down).

The latest news today on Birimingham Live is that "Minor Details" are holding up the Rashica deal.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #7516 on: September 21, 2020, 10:39:37 AM »
The problem we have is that we overpay very average footballers, that is why we can never sell any for a decent fee

There is not a chance of us selling the likes of Taylor / Lansbury / Nyland / (the Croatian goal keeper) etc... before the end of their contracts - who else is going to pay them 30 - 40k a week - no club in the premier league or in Europe, we are stuck with them - and I don't blame them.

To be honest do we really think that they are bothered if they play or not?, as long as the pay goes into their bank each month that is all they are interested in.

I cant see the likes of Lansbury losing sleep worrying if he is going to play tonight?

As Dean said we just keep adding players to our squad, and this has to stop.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 10:41:10 AM by sid1964 »

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7517 on: September 21, 2020, 10:39:48 AM »
Rashica IN...

before the (next) Lock(down).

The latest news today on Birimingham Live is that "Minor Details" are holding up the Rashica deal.

" ... and I want a vase full of blue smarties and fresh flowers before each home game, the Cadbury's Creme Egg car to take me to training each day, and fresh Roe in the canteen"

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 14.09.2017
« Reply #7518 on: September 21, 2020, 10:53:28 AM »
The problem we have is that we overpay very average footballers, that is why we can never sell any for a decent fee

There is not a chance of us selling the likes of Taylor / Lansbury / Nyland / (the Croatian goal keeper) etc... before the end of their contracts - who else is going to pay them 30 - 40k a week - no club in the premier league or in Europe, we are stuck with them - and I don't blame them.

To be honest do we really think that they are bothered if they play or not?, as long as the pay goes into their bank each month that is all they are interested in.

I cant see the likes of Lansbury losing sleep worrying if he is going to play tonight?

Nyland isn't on anywhere near that and will go I reckon. Kalinic might be tougher, we need him to play regularly and do well so someone actually wants him! Bit like Martinez did for Reading, maybe a championship loan might help him. Lansbury though - no chance of shifting him.

Offline Countryside Villain

• GM : 11.05.2016
« Reply #7519 on: September 21, 2020, 11:08:12 AM »
There was a tweet at the end of last week from John Percy of the Telegraph saying we had bid for Tammy. The link when I clicked it had been removed and now the tweet has been deleted by the looks of it. Something in this then maybe as normally hes seems to be quite a reliable source?

There was a fake Percy account tweeting this out, could be that you spotted that, it wasn't obvious.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #7520 on: September 21, 2020, 11:29:52 AM »
Someone creating a fake twitter account of a sports journalist who covers midland football stories for a national newspaper. Arent there a few other more fun ways to pass the time ?

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #7521 on: September 21, 2020, 11:55:00 AM »
Someone creating a fake twitter account of a sports journalist who covers midland football stories for a national newspaper. Arent there a few other more fun ways to pass the time ?

There are, but apparently they can cause you to go blind.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
« Reply #7522 on: September 21, 2020, 11:55:10 AM »

Nyland isn't on anywhere near that and will go I reckon. Kalinic might be tougher, we need him to play regularly and do well so someone actually wants him! Bit like Martinez did for Reading, maybe a championship loan might help him. Lansbury though - no chance of shifting him.

I didn't think we would be able to shift Hogan either though, so haven't given up hope on Lansbury and Nyland going. Wouldn't need much of a fee now to show as a profit for FFP purposes as amortation will have lowered their value. Suspect we may have to pony up a leaving fee to get rid of the wages though.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7523 on: September 21, 2020, 11:58:41 AM »

There are, but apparently they can cause you to go blind.

Who said that?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 12.10.2021
« Reply #7524 on: September 21, 2020, 11:59:54 AM »
And I've been to Croatia a few times, if the female population of Serbia is anything like theirs he was ridiculously spoiled for choice.

I can just imagine the female population of Croatia, when the next plane from the UK lands, thinking 'oh bloody hell, our choices are spoilt again.'

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2021
« Reply #7525 on: September 21, 2020, 12:03:16 PM »

They'll get loaned out and we'll carry a lot of the cost, until the contracts wind down.
Shit happens when poor decisions get made.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2021
« Reply #7526 on: September 21, 2020, 12:04:59 PM »
He is hardly likely to swap the Chelsea bench for ours though
He wouldn't need to though, would he? A front line of Tammy, Watkins and Traore, backed up by McGinn, JG and Luiz. Bring in L-Cheek as well and we'd be flush with talent and options :-)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7527 on: September 21, 2020, 12:20:17 PM »
He wouldn't need to though, would he? A front line of Tammy, Watkins and Traore, backed up by McGinn, JG and Luiz. Bring in L-Cheek as well and we'd be flush with talent and options :-)

Hadn't Smith said he sees Ollie as an out and out centre forward?

Offline Footy-Vill

• Jack Grealish is the very best!
  • GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #7528 on: September 21, 2020, 12:28:13 PM »

Encouraging though we've  had some down and out centre forwards of recent times and loved Tammy and not watakins .
I penned OW  premier league 11-14 goals ! 15+ would be amazing
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 12:30:42 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 14.09.2017
« Reply #7529 on: September 21, 2020, 12:33:00 PM »

Yes. Signing a second striker would be nice, but they have to be accepting of fighting with Watkins for the shirt.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal